When it comes to editing the images digitally, Adobe Photoshop is the king. Aimed at professionals, its price tag can definitely dissuade casual users from using it. Nevertheless, considering the number of tools it provides. This definitely makes it worth every dollar. In this article, We are gonna talk about how to Change Text In Photoshop.
Of course, besides the professional-grade tools, Photoshop also allows you to do some basic editing. Such as resize and crop your photos or add some text to them. To add text in Photoshop, you can use the “Type” tool. That has two variations – “Horizontal Type Tool” and “Vertical Type Tool”. Both are aptly named in terms of what they actually do, and the “Horizontal Type Tool” is always selected by default.
Adding Text | Change Text In Photoshop
To add custom text to an image using Photoshop is pretty simple, as explained in the steps below.
- Open one of your images in Photoshop or simply create a new Photoshop file.
- Select the “Type” tool from the toolbar. The toolbar is located next to the left edge of the Photoshop workspace. You can also use the shortcut by pressing “T” on your keyboard to quickly select this tool. When you have selected the “Type” tool, the relevant set of options will appear in the upper bar, right above the workspace to Change Text In Photoshop
- Click anywhere on the workspace to create the new text field. Once you do that, Photoshop will automatically create a new layer for your text. You can see it in the “Layers” panel located on the right side of the workspace.
- Now type the text that you want.
- Once you are done with it. Then confirm the changes by clicking the checkmark icon located to the far right of the upper toolbar. You can also press “Esc” on your keyboard to do this faster.
And that is it. You have just created your first line of text in Photoshop.
Editing Text | Change Text In Photoshop
If you want to make changes to the text you have just entered. You will have to use the “Type” tool for this action as well.
Please note that, in order to be able to change the existing text in an image. There are two requirements:
- You can only edit the existing text in an image if you have its Photoshop .psd file containing that text as a separate layer. You cannot edit any text that is already part of an image file, Like .jpg or .png files.
- The text that you want to change must exist as an editable text layer. If you have previously rasterized it, you won’t be able to edit the text.
Therefore, to change the existing text, open the wished .psd file and go through the following steps:
Steps Change Text In Photoshop
- Select the “Type” tool, by either selecting it from the toolbar or pressing “T” on your keyboard.
- If you want to make changes to the entire text in a layer, simply select it in the “Layers” panel. If you want to edit portions of the text, click the text on the screen and select the part of the text you want to edit.
- Using the options from the upper toolbar. You can now make the following changes:
- Switch the text from horizontal to vertical and vice-versa.
- Choose another font from the drop-down list.
- Change its style to either Normal, Bold, or Italic. Also, please note that some fonts may not contain all of these options. Such as, a font might only have the Normal option available in the “Styles” drop-down menu.
- Change the font size to Change Text In Photoshop
- Change how sharp the letter edges should appear on the screen. If you select the “Sharp” option. This will provide for the smoothest font edges.
- Change the alignment of the text to Left, Center, Right, or Justified.
- Change the color of the text.
- Warp your text by manipulating its curvature.
- Show the “Character” and “Paragraph” panels. These provide even more options for customizing your text. Such as, the “Character” panel allows you to change the spacing between characters. Or make certain characters appear like superscript or subscript text. With the “Paragraph” panel you can change the left and right indents or also add extra space beneath each paragraph.
- To the far right, you will also notice buttons that let your cancel or confirm the changes you have just made.
- When you finish editing the text in this layer. Just simply confirm your changes and you are all done.
Photoshop is the King | Change Text In Photoshop
As you can see, making changes to the text in your images is quite simple with Photoshop. With so many options available, it is really easy to customize any text you wish to add. Just make sure you save the image as a .psd file as well, so that you can edit your text in the future.
Alright, That was All Folks! I hope you guys like this Change Text In Photoshop article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback. Also if you have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!