Do you want to install Kodi on Smart TV? We all want to sit down in front of a high-definition smart TV at the end of a long day. The only thing is that you can access free TV shows or movies across the world. Everything becomes possible behind Kodi. All you need is to install Kodi on your smart TV is the best way to ensure you don’t want to leave your couch. If you want to upgrade your entertainment options to the max, then check the article below and learn the steps on how to install Kodi on your smart TV.
Kodi and all other add-ons provide a sufficient amount of content, almost all are totally free. Some unofficial extensions can easily access TV shows or pirated movies without your understanding. As they raised red flags with rights holders who simply turn off Kodi add-ons and pressured ISPs into choking Kodi downloads or sharing copyright breach notices to streamers.
You can also protect yourself from these breach notices with the help of a VPN. However, VPNs can create a secure tunnel between you and the Wifi simply by encrypting data and sharing it via remote servers. Nobody can explain who you are when you connect to a VPN, nor can they tell what you’re installing.
Use VPN To Stream Kodi:
A virtual private network (or VPN) translates your data. It can then passes it to a private proxy server, where it is decoded and then sent back to its original destination labeled with a new IP address. Using a private connection and masked IP, no one tells about your identity.
Staying safe on the Wi-Fi is like many people are getting concerned about. While ISPs tracking and selling user information, governments notice citizens and hackers searching for any weakness they can exploit. This is also an issue when it comes to streaming videos using Kodi. The software set off red flags on all industry thanks to its many third-party add-ons that source pirated content. ISPs react by monitoring Kodi user traffic and also strangling download speeds.
The best VPN can helps to keep you safe on all the above threats. VPNs also encrypt chunks of data before they leave your device. However, making it impossible for anyone to take your identity or view what you’re installing. This base level of security is amazingly powerful for a lot of tasks. It includes breaking through censorship firewalls, accessing geo-restricted content, and making your portable devices safe on public Wi-Fi.
If you want to find the best VPN for Kodi, you should meet the important criteria, each one essential to your online streaming experience.
IPVanish VPN For Kodi
IPVanish knows very well what features Kodi users want most. Speed is the first priority. Also, the service delivers fast downloads to a wide network of more than 850 servers in various countries. No matter where you live, you’ll be able to log into a low-latency server for amazing speeds. Security is also key, that IPVanish addresses by locking down all data with 256-bit AES encryption. Also, it keeps your identity secure using DNS leak security and an automatic kill switch. IPVanish can make you safe and secure!
IPVanish’s includes the best features:
- It is easy-to-use apps for Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- Zero-logging policy on all traffic for privacy.
- Provides full access to all of Kodi’s add-ons.
- Infinite downloads and no restrictions on speed.
IPVanish also offers a 7-day cash-back guarantee. It means you have a week to analyze it risk-free.
Can My Smart TV Run Kodi Or Not?
Kodi executes on a wide variety of hardware. As it includes everything from streaming sticks to TV set boxes, android devices, and computers. Not all smart TVs can run custom software like Kodi, however. Smart TVs are low powered and have the least storage capabilities or processing power. As it can make running apps a challenge. They also use their own OS, lots of which Kodi can’t support.
Whether or not you can install or download Kodi directly to your smart TV relies on the particular make and version. A common rule is that if you can easily access the Google Play Store using your TV’s interface. Also, you can install the Kodi directly from there. There is a list of the biggest smart TV developers and their Kodi compatibility state.
- LG Smart TVs – They mostly run webOS, which isn’t supported by Kodi.
- Panasonic Smart TVs – All Panasonic’s TV sets run their custom software that can’t work with Kodi.
- Samsung Smart TVs – Most of Samsung’s TVs run a custom, proprietary OS that isn’t supported with Kodi. However, an official Samsung TV port is in the works, as it faces lots of stumbling blocks and may never be launched.
- Sharp Smart TVs – Sharp’s TV products can also execute third-party operating system software that can’t be supported by Kodi. Some variants also use Android TV.
- Sony Smart TVs – TV devices execute different OS, as mobile TV has gained popularity day by day. If you want to access Google Play Store via TV, you need to install the Kodi.
- Vizio Smart TVs – Lots of Vizio’s products execute a custom variant of Google TV (Android TV). If you want to access the Google Play Store, you can then install Kodi very easily.
Steps To Install Kodi On Smart TV
If your smart TV executes the latest model of the Android TV OS, then you’re in luck. However, it is very easy to install or download Kodi on these devices. All you need is to open the whole ecosystem of third-party and official Kodi add-ons. Also, you access the Google Play Store and install it. Remember that some TVs might secure you from doing this, also if they run the exact OS/operating system. Your performance can be a little flat, as well, so install and stream with care.
Head over to the Google Play Store by choosing the icon in your TV’s menu.
Then sign in using your Google account.
Choose the search bar and input in “Kodi“
Tap on the icon, then tap “Install“
After a few minutes, Kodi will appear on your apps menu.
Remember: After using Kodi, always enable a VPN on the same device. Smart TV executes on Android OS can support many VPNs by default. Also, it includes our recommendation above. All you need is to install and sign in first, then stream with privacy.
List Of Kodi-Compatible Smart TVs
If you’re in the market and want to buy a new smart TV, why not you choose one that will allow you to watch a huge range of content? Some TVs are turning to the Android TV OS to power their streaming apps. This is the good news for Kodi fans, as the software can be installed with just a few taps.
- Sony XBR – A thin 4K compatible smart TVs series that executes Android like a dream. XBRs are amazing to look at and provides the best picture no matter what you’re watching. Also, you can install Kodi using the app store.
- Philips 6800 – The Smart TV is 4K compatible, ultra-thin, and powered by Android TV, Philips’ 6800 line of smart TVs are the best choice for watching movies via Kodi.
- Sharp Aquos – Well, some Sharp TVs use a custom OS, the latest versions are being launched with Android TV at the helm. It means that this is quite easy to access Kodi and many other TV watching or movie apps.
Different Ways To Install Kodi On Your Smart TV
Some smart TVs can’t run Kodi. Some compatibility problems make custom ports impossible, and others are just too insufficient to stream movies with the help of Kodi and its add-ons. But there are many ways to add the Kodi experience to your smart TV. Come let’s take a look at them:
Amazon Fire TV – Cheap Kodi Streams For Any Smart TV
Amazon has two best movie streaming devices known as Fire TV Stick or Fire TV. The former is a set-top box that connects into your TV and adds many new video options. As it inlcudes Amazon’s own Prime streaming service. The Fire TV Stick is inexpensive and portable variant of a set-top box that offers the same functionality in a smaller package. Both are amazing movie devices, and both execute Kodi without any issue.
Installing Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV Stick is quite simple or easy. You can do it within a few taps, and you don’t want to be an expert to get it done. You can also install a VPN on your Fire TV device for privacy, making this one of the simplest, secure, and inexpensive ways of watching Kodi on your TV.
Raspberry Pi – Inexpensive & Customizable
If you god an extra amount of time and don’t mind a little command-line manipulation. Then installing Kodi on a Raspberry Pi is the best method to stream movies to your smart TV. You just want an HDMI port, Pi device, and a little time to spend working on the setup.
Apple TV – All Your Media Everywhere
Some iOS products and Apple are locked down to keep rough away from trusting users. With a little amount of time and the right guide, however, Apple TVs can be quite comfortable home for Kodi. You want time and some understanding to get it done, but when you’re completed there’s nothing like viewing that Kodi logo on your Apple TV device.
Kodi Alternatives – Sling TV & Plex
One theory explaining why the manufacturers of smart TV exclude Kodi just to encourage people to use built-in apps with the same functionality. Kodi’s open-source nature provides you lots of TV, movie, and international streaming options. But when you can’t access the software physically those features can’t do you much good! However, if your smart TV can’t support Kodi, there are some programs with the same features that you can install to custom content or stream videos.
- Plex – Plex does many things that Kodi does, with some extras. One of the major bonuses is the ability to stream installed videos from one device to another. All you need is to install Plex on your computer, for instance, add the app to your smart TV, then wirelessly stream content. Some smart TV interfaces can support Plex built-in, making this a feasible option when you can’t use Kodi.
- Sling TV – It is a la carte TV service that enables you to buy live channels and watch them to enjoy your holiday. No crazy packages to purchase, all you need is the content you want at a low price. However, some smart TVs support Sling TV out of the box, as well. You can also unblock it and watch it abroad!
Here’s all about “Install Kodi On Smart TV”. Did you find it helpful? Do you know any other methods to install Kodi on Smart TV? If yes, then let us know in the comment section below!