Well, your Discord server may become slow and unresponsive if there are a lot of folks on the server at the same time. It actually may make sense to kick users out temporarily who are inactive however there is also a better way, AFK channel. You can now move inactive users to the AKF channel where users just stay in it and can’t text or chat actually. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Make Discord AFK Channel – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
The term AFK short for Away from Keyboard basically denotes a state of the discord user who is not actively using Discord or their computer for that matter. But, people who are gaming and using Discord in the background are not considered as inactive users actually. We only want to move the users that are not active at all to the AFK channel as well.
How to Make Discord AFK Channel – Tutorial
If you want to create an AFK channel, then first, you need to create a channel. Although you can convert an existing voice channel to an AFK channel as well, it’s better to create a separate channel just for this purpose. Open Discord, and then choose a server. You can only create an AFK channel if you are the admin of the server actually.
- Now, tap on the Channel name and then click Create Channel. Another thing you need to keep in mind is that you can only convert voice channels into the AFK channel. So you need to start through creating a voice channel.
- Choose the option Voice Channel and then give it an appropriate name so that folks can understand that it is an AFK channel. For instance, I basically used the name Dead Channel (AFK).
What’s more | discord AFK channel
You also have successfully created a channel, now you guys just need to convert that channel into an AFK channel. In order to do that, tap on your server name and then click on server settings.
- In the overview section, you need to scroll down and you can find the AFK channel option.
- Open the dropdown and then choose the channel that you just created.
- Now you have to set the AFK timeout. If the person is inactive more than the AFK timeout, then they will be moved to this channel. I normally prefer 5 minutes, however, if there are more folks who play RPG games, you can also set the timeout for a little longer.
- Tap on save changes. You have now created a channel and successfully converted it into an AFK channel as well.
Now whenever it moves anyone to the AFK channel, it will then show them a pop-up. That says that you have been moved to the AFK channel.
Advantages of creating AFK?
- You can now easily filter active members on the servers
- Folks who are not serious for example lurkers will automatically shift to the AFK channel because they are rarely active and mostly focus on Discord GIFs as well.
- Discord server may slow down or also become unresponsive if there are excess members actually. As we already know there are many members who are not active, moving them to afk will decrease the members and of course the server performance as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “discord AFK channel” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!