Online dating apps are all the rage with a new app launching up each and every single week. Each of them has its own charm or gimmick in order to attract a loyal user base. Facebook, the social media and networking company, started as a site showing pictures of two individuals. And asking their users to select the ‘hotter’ one did not shy away from claiming their piece of this pie and thrusting themselves into the 3 billion dollars dating industry. They actually started their own dating service, conveniently named Facebook Dating, in September of 2018. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Facebook Dating is Unavailable Issue. Let’s begin!
Thanks to the dating feature built in the main Facebook application, it boasts a huge user base. Such as, in the United States, Facebook has a total user base of 229 million, and also an estimate of 32.72 million individuals are already using its dating feature. Despite its massive user base and backing from the ultimate tech giant, Facebook Dating also has its own share of reported problems. May it be their frequent application crashes or users not being able to find the Dating feature entirely. In this article, we have listed down all the potential reasons why Facebook Dating is not working on your device along with the associated fixes.
How to Fix Facebook Dating is Unavailable Issue
How to Turn on Facebook Dating?
As of 2021, Facebook dating is actually available in selective countries on iOS and Android devices. Enabling and accessing this service is really easy as you only need a Facebook account. Just follow these steps to enable Facebook’s Dating service:
- First, open the Facebook application and then click on the Hamburger menu present at the top-right corner of your social feed.
- Scroll through and then click on ‘Dating’.
- Now after following the setup instructions, it will ask you to share your location and choose a photo. Facebook will automatically generate your profile via the information on your account.
- Customize your profile via adding more information, pictures or posts.
- Click on ‘Done’ when you are satisfied.
Why isn’t Facebook Dating working
If you guys have already enabled it, then there are a few different reasons for Facebook Dating not working correctly, now the list includes –
- Lack of a steady and strong internet connection
- The current application build also has some inherent bugs and needs updating.
- The Facebook servers may also be down.
- Notifications are being blocked on your device.
- Your mobile device’s cache data is corrupted and hence the application keeps crashing.
- The dating service isn’t really available in your area yet.
- You are not allowed to access the Dating service due to age restrictions.
These reasons can also be classified into three different categories: | facebook dating is unavailable
- First, when Facebook dating isn’t really working after enabling it.
- Next, the Facebook application itself isn’t functioning smoothly
- At last, you are unable to access the Dating feature in your application.
Update the Facebook application
Keeping an application up to date is essential to access brand-new and improved features. More importantly, updates can fix bugs that may also be causing an application to mostly crash. They usually fix any security issue that may be hindering an application and avoiding it from functioning smoothly. Hence, using the newest possible version of an application is also a must for the best overall experience.
To check if the application is updated on Android, then follow the below-mentioned process:
- First, open the Google Play Store application on your mobile device.
- Then tap on the Menu button or the Hamburger menu icon, mostly located to the top-left.
- Choose the ‘My apps & games’ option.
- In the ‘Updates’ tab, you can either click the ‘Update All’ button and update all the installed applications at once or only click on the ‘Update’ button located next to Facebook.
To keep the application up to date on an iOS device:
- You have to open the built-in App Store application.
- Now, click on the ‘Updates’ tab located at the very bottom.
- When you are in the Updates section, you can either click on the ‘Update All’ button located on the top or only update Facebook.
This is a no-brainer, however, users still underestimaüte the importance of a smooth and steady internet connection. You can easily rule out this possibility via double-checking your connection’s speed and also strength (Ookla Speed Test). If you are unable to connect to the internet, then troubleshoot the Wi-Fi network yourself or contact your ISP. If you guys have an active mobile data plan, restarting your phone is a great first step as well.
Restart the Facebook Application
If you are suddenly unable to use Facebook Dating, then a few bugs in the application may actually be at fault. Many times the app may have trouble starting or functioning smoothly because of them. Restarting the application might hold the key in order to solve this problem. You can completely close the application via the home screen or force stop it from the settings menu.
Restart Your Device
Turning a device off and then on again may also seem too simple of a solution for any and all tech problems. However, it is surprisingly effective. Restarting the device refreshes all the behind the scene activities that may also be interfering along with the Facebook application.
Turn ON Facebook’s App Notification
If you guys have accidentally disabled app notifications, Facebook will not really update you on your activities. If you guys have turned off all notifications for your device from Facebook. Then you will have to make an exception to fix this issue.
In order to enable Push notifications for Facebook, just follow the steps below:
- Now open the Facebook application on your device and click on the Menu option. In the following menu, click on the ‘Settings and Privacy’ button.
- Then, tap on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Now scroll down to find ‘Notification Settings’ located under the ‘Notifications’ section.
- There, focus on Facebook Dating-specific notifications and then adjust which ones you would like to receive.
Turn on the Location Services | facebook dating is unavailable
Facebook Dating, just like every other dating application, needs your location in order to show you profiles of potential matches around you. If location permissions aren’t granted or the location services are disabled, then the application can malfunction.
In order to turn on location permissions in an Android device:
- Head to your Phone’s Settings menu and click on ‘Apps & Notification’.
- Now scroll through the list of applications and locate Facebook.
- Inside Facebook’s application information, click on ‘Permissions’ and then ‘Location’.
- In the subsequent menu, just make sure that the location services are enabled. If not, then click on “Allow all the time“.
Now just check if you’re able to fix Facebook dating is not working. If not, then just continue to the next method.
For iOS devices, follow this method:
- Head to your phone’s home screen and tap on Settings.
- Now scroll through in order to find the ‘Privacy settings as well.
- Select the ‘Location Services’ and tap in order to turn on this setting if it is disabled.
Uninstall then reinstall the Facebook app
This may seem drastic, however, it is surprisingly useful. Sometimes, there may also be a problem with the application’s settings. Thus, through reinstalling the application you essentially start from scratch.
In order to uninstall the application, the easiest way is just to long-press on the app’s icon in the app drawer and directly uninstall from the pop-up menu. Just like that, pay a visit to the Settings menu and uninstall the application from there.
To reinstall, you have to visit the Google Playstore on Android or the App Store on an iOS device.
If you guys are still unable to use Facebook Dating and nothing listed above works. Then you can easily reach out to Facebook’s Help Centre and communicate along with their technical support team.
Clear Facebook App Cache | facebook dating is unavailable
Caches are hidden temporary files saved on your device in order to help reduce load times as you navigate through an application. They are important for the smooth functioning of any application, however, occasionally, they malfunction and actually disrupt the application from working. This especially is the case whenever the cache files are corrupt or have built up immensely. Clearing them will not only clear up some really important storage space, however, also speed up your load time and help your app operate faster.
Follow the method below in order to clear cache files in any Android Device:
- You have to open the Settings application on your mobile device.
- Click on ‘Apps & notifications in the settings menu.
- You guys will find a list of all the applications installed on your device, head through the list to find Facebook.
- In Facebook’s App Info screen, click on ‘Storage’ to see how the storage space is being consumed.
- Click on the button labeled ‘Clear Cache’. Now, just check if the Cache size is displayed as 0B.
To clear the cache on an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Click on your iPhone’s Settings application.
- You will find a list of all your current applications, just scroll down to find Facebook, and tap on it.
- In-app settings, then turn on the ‘Reset cached Content’ slider as well.
Check if Facebook itself is down
If you guys are unable to connect to Facebook entirely, it is also a possibility that the giant social network has crashed and is down. Occasionally, servers do crash, and also the service goes down for everyone. The tell-tale sign to detect a crash is just to visit Facebook’s Status Dashboard. If it shows that the page is healthy, then you can rule out this possibility. Otherwise, you guys have nothing to do but wait until the service is restored.
Just like that, you can search the Twitter hashtag #facebookdown and also pay attention to the timestamps. This will help you determine if other users are also experiencing a similar outage as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “facebook dating is unavailable” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!