Do you want to fix Gears of War 4 Crashing on Windows 10 PC? Gears of War 4 was a big success when it is launched in 2016. The animations and graphics of cool mech designs, along with a compelling campaign mode, made the best selling point for the game. But it was not always easy and smooth on Windows PCs.
Lots of Windows 10 users have experienced startup crashes, middle game crashes, and some people claimed that they couldn’t get the game to even load on their system. If you have the minimum requirements to execute the game on your system, then these crashes shouldn’t happen. So if you are also facing this random crash issue of Gears of War 4, then this guide will be helpful for you. We have made a bunch of potential workarounds that could work out for you as it did for many other users.
Fix Gears of War 4 Crashing On Windows 10 PC:
There are different reasons why Gears of War 4 is crashing on your PC. We have mentioned the below solutions for all the potential reasons. So check one solution after the other and then view which one works out for you.
Solution 1- Update Your Graphics Drivers
Move to your dedicated graphics manufacturers’ website and view your GPU version number there. Download or install the new driver you view for your version of the Windows 10 environment. Certainly outdated and unsupported drivers could be the reason behind all your worries.
So if you have a GPU from NVIDIA then use this link and check your version here. And if you have an AMD-designed GPU, then head over to this link and download or install the drivers you see for your version. Install or download the drivers onto your PC, restart your computer, and then try to again launch the game. Whenever it crashes you can then move to the other solution.
Solution 2- Set Game To Use Your Dedicated GPU
Even if your system has a dedicated graphics unit, certainly some games simply use the integrated GPU from intel by default. Gears of War 4 is the best game, so make sure that you have chosen your dedicated GPU for this game.
If you have NVIDIA GPU, then.
- Right-tap on your desktop and tap on the NVIDIA control panel.
- Then tap on the tab Manage settings and then tap on program settings.
- Now tap on Select and program, and a list will then appear. From that list, choose the .exe for Gears of War 4.
- Now tap on Select the preferred graphics processor for this program and from the drop-down list select the option High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Tap Apply and then close the Control Panel.
If you are using an AMD GPU, then.
- Right-tap on your desktop PC and then tap on AMD Radeon Settings.
- Tap on System, and from the next menu, tap on Switchable Graphics.
- This will mention the apps that are executing on your System or app that recently used the graphics on your system.
- Choose the Gears of War app and then choose the High-Performance mode from the drop-down menu that shows up for Switchable Graphics modes.
- You can then apply the change and then close AMD Radeon Settings.
Now try to launch your game again and check if it crashes. If it does, then head over to the other solution.
Solution 3 – Disable Async
Now try to disable Async in the game. For that,
- Initially, launch Gears of War 4.
- Head over to options and choose Advanced Video.
- Next, disable Aysnc Computer here.
Now try and play the game and check if it crashes again. If it does, then head over to solution 4.
Solution 4 – Turn Off Game Bar & Background Recording:
The game bar is the best windows feature that allows the users to capture screenshots of the gameplay and also record them when the user desires to do so. This feature can certainly prove to be too much for Gears of War 4. So try to disable this feature now. To do that,
- Tap on your windows search bar and then look for Game Bar settings. It will display up in the results, so just move ahead and tap on open.
- Here, disable the toggle located next to Record game screenshots, clips, broadcast using the Game bar.
- Tap on Captures and then disable the toggle for Record in the background while I’m playing a game.
- Tap on Broadcasting and then disable the toggle for Record audio when I broadcast.
- Now simply close this window and launch the game. Play and check if the game still crashes. If it does, then again try to move to the other solution.
Solution 5- Reset Microsoft Store Cache
Too many caches get downloaded through the Windows Store. This excess cache can certainly be the hindrance behind your Gears of War 4 gameplay too. So wipe the cache by following this method.
- Hit and hold Windows Key+R. As it’ll open up the Run window. Enter wsreset.exe in the dialog box and hit enter.
- Wait a while until it’ll take some time for the Windows cache reset process to finish up.
- After this, Windows Store will open up. Exit that window and restart your computer.
- After that, try playing Gears of War 4 again and then check if it crashes down again. If it does, then head over to the other solution.
Solution 6- Update your Windows
MS pushes out updates for errors that are reported by users worldwide. So updating the windows can help your case too.
- Hit and hold the Windows key + I. As it’ll open Windows Settings.
- Tap on Updates & Security and then choose the Windows Update tab on the left-hand side.
- Now tap on Check for Updates, and Windows will automatically start looking for updates in their database.
- Whenever it finds an update, then the update will be automatically installed. If it does not, then you can just head over to the other solution.
- Now, if a windows update was download or found, then just restart the computer, and it will install all those updates.
After the update, simply check if the game now crashes down or not. If it does, then head over to the other solution.
Solution 7- Turn On Offline Permissions
Not having Online Permissions turned on in the Microsoft Store can be the reason for your gears of War 4 crashes. To turn it on,
- Tap on the Start button and choose the Microsoft Store tile.
- Then open the Microsoft store settings menu by tapping on the three-dot icon located at the top-right corner of your screen and choosing Settings.
- Turn the slider located next to Offline Permissions.
Solution 8- Update DirectX
If you want to access the hardware of sound and video of your PC, games and some apps need the latest version of DirectX installed on your computer. It is free software, so you can simply install and download the new version from here or download/install the DirectX installer from here.
Whenever the download completes, install or download it on your computer and check if the crash issue still arises in Gears of War 4. If it does, then try the last fix.
Solution 9- Reinstall the game
If none of the above workarounds worked out for you, then simply try to reinstall your game all over again. If you want to uninstall the game, simply tap on the start button > Settings > Apps. As it’ll list out all that have installed on your PC. Tap on Gears of War 4 and then tap on the option Uninstall.
When the uninstall process is complete, just head over to the Microsoft store, look for the game, install or download it again.
Here’s all about ‘Gears of War 4 Crashing On Windows 10 PC’. Hopefully, one of the workarounds mentioned earlier works out for you. Let us know below if you have any queries or questions regarding any of the solutions mentioned above.