Steam is not the only place you can install games from. There are other platforms or apps that can actually run games e.g., Xbox and actually the Xbox app or the Microsoft Store. Admittedly, no one really goes to the Microsoft Store in order to look for games. However, some games can only be found there. Even if you guys have a preference for Steam though, you might still have one or two games from the Microsoft Store as well. If so, then you guys might want to add those Microsoft Store games to Steam. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Add Minecraft Windows 10 to Steam. Let’s begin!
Steam actually lets you add non-Steam games, however, Microsoft Store apps won’t show up in the list. There’s a little hack to getting around it, however, it does not seem to work on Windows 10 1809. It is still possible to add the Microsoft Store game to Steam and also the process is actually much more simple as well.
How can you Add Minecraft Windows 10 to Steam?
In order to add Microsoft Store games on Steam, you guys need to download and install an app called UWPHook as well. Run the app and from the list of installed apps, choose the game that you want to add to Steam. Tap on the ‘Export selected apps to Steam’ button as well.
If you guys have Steam running, quit it from the System Tray and then run the app. You have to open Steam and then click Library. The game should show up in your library. Whenever you tap on the Play button, it will open the game.
Whenever you guys add games to Steam, the time you play the game is logged there. Other than that, there are no any other advantages to this. If you guys want, you can also set categories for the game.
If you ever want to delete the app from Steam, it’s pretty easy. You have to open the app, head to your Library, and right-tap on the game. From the context menu, and choose the ‘Delete shortcut’ option, and also the game will be gone.
If you have other games, that is, non-Microsoft Store games that you guys want to add to Steam you guys can do that. All you have to do is just head to your Steam Library and tap on the little plus button at the bottom. Choose ‘Add a non-Steam game’ from the menu and then choose the EXE of the game you want to add.
This limitation along with Microsoft Store games is only there since the games are UWP apps. And they have limitations that normal desktop apps don’t actually have. It’s basically the absence of an EXE file that avoids Steam from finding it and adding it to its library as well.
How can You play Microsoft Store games on Steam?
Choose the Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library Option
- Steam also includes an option that turns on users in order to add non-Steam games to its games library. First, find the folder path for the game in order to add to Steam via tapping the Windows key + E hotkey.
- Just open this path in File Explorer: C: Program FilesWindowsApps.
- If that folder has denied permission, then right-tap on it and choose Properties.
- Then choose the Security tab.
- Tap on Advanced in order to open the window shown directly below.
- Click on Change to open the window shown directly below.
- No just enter the title for your user account listed in the Principal column on the Permissions tab. Such as, if the Principal title is Users, that actually enter that and tap on OK.
- Choose the Replace owner on sub containers and objects check box.
- Then tap on the Apply and OK buttons.
- Thereafter, just open the WindowsApps folder and then search for the folder. That includes the MS Store game you want to add to Steam as well. Note down the full folder path for it as well.
- Next, you have to open the Steam software.
- Tap on Games and then choose the Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library option.
- If the Add a Game window that actually opens some lists the MS Store game app. Choose it and click the Add Selected Programs button.
- If the MS Store game is not listed, and then tap on the Browse button.
- Then choose the MS Store game at the folder path noted down for it previously.
- Tap on the Open button.
- Choose the new game listed on the Add a Game window, and press the Add Selected Programs option.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “add Minecraft windows 10 to steam” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!