The iPhone is one of the most advanced communication tools available in the market today. It has several amazing features that make communicating with your friends and family very easy. One feature of this phone that people constantly use is text messaging. Just open the Messages app, type in your message, then send it to one of your contacts. The phone also has you covered in case you need to communicate with a group of friends to set up a meeting for example by using the group text feature of the phone. In this article, we are going to talk about How To Add Someone To Group Text On iPhone. Let’s begin!
Group messages are actually sent using the SMS functions of the cellular network because active users are using a mixture of iPhones and Android devices. If this is your predicament; you will have to create a new text thread with or without the contacts.
Group Text on iPhone
There are a few other apps on the market that support group texting but for this particular article, we are focusing on the ubiquitous iMessages app that most iPhone and iPad users use every day.
One of the great things about Apple products is the ability to use the iMessage application on many devices. The options listed below apply to all Apple products like; Mac, MacBook, iPhone, and iPad as well.
So, if you are ready to invite people to your group chat, follow these instructions:
Steps | Add Someone To Group Text
- From your iPhone, locate the Messages app and tap to open it
- Back out of any conversation you may already be in by tapping the arrow key at the top-left. From the “Messages” screen tap on the ‘New Message’ icon located in the top-right corner (looks like a note pad with a pen).
- You can begin typing in the individual’s names you want to invite in the To: area. If the invitees are people already located in your address book, it should autocomplete as you type in their name or number. You can also tap the + icon in order to browse through your list of contacts.
For those not in your address book, inside the To: field, type the phone number of the recipient. If you’re intending on adding individuals who are using an iPad, you can type in their Apple ID instead.
- Repeat the above steps until all intended recipients have been added into the To: field.
- Type out the message you want to send out. You’ll only need to type it in once.
- Finally, hit the Send button.
Keep in mind that not all emojis or animations will work for all individuals within the group. This is especially true for those with different versions of iOS or alternate operating systems in general. However, the text messages themselves should be fine.
Add or Remove Group Chat Members | Add Someone To Group Text
If you are already actively engaged in a conversation with one or more people. Or simply forgot to add someone originally, I can walk you through how to add them. What you do is:
- From your iPhone, locate the Messages app and tap to open it.
- Select the conversation you want to add an individual to and tap to open it.
- Tap on the Details icon (looks like I in a circle), which is located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Then tap on Add Contact.
- Within the Add: field, type out the name of the person you are adding (if they are already located in your address book) or type of their full phone number.
Again, for those using iPad, you can type in their Apple ID if it makes things easier.
- In order to finish it up, go ahead and tap Done.
Leave the Group Chat | Add Someone To Group Text
Too much going on in a conversation that you no longer care to listen to? It is actually quite simple to leave a group conversation so long as that group consists of three or more people. If a particular conversation has run its course, you can:
- Open up the Messages app and head to the conversation in which you wish to liberate yourself.
- Tap the Details icon(that I within a circle, located in the top right corner of the screen.)
- Quickly mash on the option to Leave this Conversation listed in bright red and located at the bottom of the page.
- Then tap the confirmation option when it appears and you will no longer be notified of the activity.
Group messaging is an outstanding feature but some people do not enjoy constant updates and alerts on their phone. It is a great feature, it just has to be used carefully to avoid overwhelming yourself and others with messages to groups.
Troubleshooting for Group Texts | Add Someone To Group Text
Some users have also reported that they are unable to add more than a certain number of contacts to their text messages on an iPhone. This may surprise you but certain carriers have created these limitations to protect users from spam messages.
If you need to network with large groups of people then it is best to choose another messaging application. Google Hangouts, Slack, and more are available in the App Store. Many of these third-party applications are more versatile and user-friendly for communicating across many platforms and operating systems.
If you are having issues adding multiple members it may be due to carrier limitations. It may also be attributed to incorrect contacts.
If you have ever synced your contacts with your email you may have some with email addresses instead of phone numbers. This may work with iCloud accounts but not other emails. Check that the contact you are trying to add is the right one.
Another issue you may have adding a contact to a group iMessage is trying to add someone with Screen Time limits. With the addition of Apple’s Screen Time comes users’ ability to shut down functions on their Apple devices including iMessage. If you are having trouble adding a contact it’s a good idea to ask them if they have these limitations set.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this Add Someone To Group Text article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries relating to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!