Instagram is a really great platform if you are trying to promote your business or just sharing cute pics of your puppy as well. Instagram stories are a great way to reach a large audience, but you have to make sure that your stories are well articulated actually. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Change Background Color on Instagram Story with Photo. Let’s begin!
In this article, we will cover how you guys can adjust your background on your Instagram story. A good background can make or break your Insta Story! There are different ways to set a story on Instagram, and that is what we will be covering as well. Read on to learn more about it!
How to Change Background Color on Instagram Story with Photo
When you share a post to your story, then Instagram automatically sets a background color. This is based on the general color of the post that you guys are sharing. So if you guys are sharing a post that contains a lot of greenery, then your background will be set to a shade of green.
- If you want to change that background, then just follow this simple guide.
- When you have shared the post to your story, then just click the ‘Draw’ button in the top panel
- Now choose the ‘Sharpie’ tool. Click on the color that you would like to set as your background from the palette at the bottom.
- Then tap and hold your finger anywhere over the background. Your background will then change to the selected color.
How can you change the Instagram Story background color behind a photo
Most often, users tend to create an Instagram story through simply clicking a photo of something using the Instagram camera page. However, did you know, that even when you click a photo, you can pinch to zoom out of the photo, also leaving a background behind it?
Well, here is where it gets interesting though. Although Instagram does not let you actually change this background, you guys can use a trick to set a fun filter for your photo!
Note: This causes the entire photo and background to be covered with the selected color.
In order to set a colored filter, pinch out of your photo to reveal your background (if you want to).
Now just click on the ‘Draw’ button in the top panel, and choose the ‘Highlighter’ tool. Then select a color from the palette at the bottom. Now click and hold your finger anywhere over the screen. You guys should see the screen covered with the selected color, and your photo visible beneath it!
How to change the background color on Instagram Story when reposting
When you repost someone else’s story, you guys are automatically given a background color. In order to match the content of the shared story. Similar to the above scenario, Instagram basically blends this story into the background; that means that you cannot set a specific background for the image.
You could use the above method in order to set an opaque filter over the whole image. However, that would restrict what can be seen. Your best bet, in this case, it to do a rustic coloring around the edge of the story as well. You can even use the color picker to select a color to accent the story!
Press the ‘Draw’ button in the top panel, and choose the ‘Effects’ tool. Choose a color you would like to set as the background for the story. If you would like to pick a color from the story itself, then click on the ‘Color Picker’ and adjust the cursor accordingly.
Now drag your finger along the edge of the story in order to color in the background. You guys can use multiple colors if you think they go well with your story.
How to change the background color on Instagram Story behind a picture (picture reveal)
Another way to create an Instagram story is just to simply use an image from your gallery. This is more common with creators who heavily edit their stories before even bringing them to the app. You guys can add an image to your Instagram story through swiping up from the camera screen and choosing the image.
- Unfortunately, Instagram does not let you set this background either. But, there is a fun workaround that you could try! This method is referred to as ‘Picture reveal’.
- When you have your image, tap the ‘Draw’ button in the top panel, and select the ‘Sharpie’ tool. Now choose a color you would like to set as your background from the palette below.
- Tap and hold anywhere over the screen. You will also notice the entire screen turns that color.
- Don’t worry! We’re now going to use the ‘Eraser tool in order to erase out the image that you had added earlier. This leaves the color as your new background!
- This what the final story will look like! It’s up to you how much of your image you guys would like to reveal.
Instagram Story background templates
Did you guys know that you don’t have to spend half an hour creating the perfect background for your Instagram story? There are dozens of websites that can also do it for you! These websites have premade templates into which you upload your image as well. Some of them also even let you change some of the elements in the template.
So, check out some of our favorite sites for Instagram story templates:
Best apps for Instagram story templates
These apps not only provide templates for your Instagram story, also they even let you customize and create your own using their tools!
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!