Gaming on a PC does not actually mean that you are forced to use a keyboard. A Windows 10 system supports game controllers However, you’ll find most users prefer an Xbox controller since compatibility is nOt a problem. That said, there are still players who prefer to use a PlayStation controller over an Xbox one actually. Well, it might be a matter of personal choice or it might just be what they have on-hand. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Connect PS4 Controller Driver for Windows 10. Let’s begin!
Well, connectivity-wise, PlayStation controllers that connect to a Windows 10 machine almost as easy as an Xbox controller does. However, there are a few exceptions for that.
How can you Connect PS4 Controller Driver for Windows 10
PS4 controllers basically come in both wired and wireless models and they can both be used on a Windows 10 system as well.
Connect through a USB port | ps4 controller driver
Windows 10 has native support for a wired DualShock Controller and many other types of PS4 and PS3 controllers actually.
- You have to connect the controller to your system through the USB port.
- Wait for Windows 10 to detect the device, and then install drivers for it.
- You will there see a prompt telling you the device is ready. Open a game, and then start playing.
Connect through the Windows 10 Bluetooth
A wireless PS4 controller can connect to a Windows 10 system through the Bluetooth.
- Open the Settings app and tehn head to Devices>Bluetooth.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is On.
- Tap on the ‘Add Bluetooth or other device’ button.
- In the menu, you have to tap on Bluetooth.
- Make sure the controller is On, and tap on the PlayStation + Share buttons together in order to enter pairing mode.
- The controller will then appear in the menu on your Windows 10 system. Allow it to connect now.
- When connected, you can then start using it to play games.
Connect via DS4Windows | ps4 controller driver
A PS4 controller, whether it’s wired or wireless should be able to connect to the system through the native USB port or over Bluetooth. But, there will always be exceptions. If you have a PS4 controller that won’t connect, then use an app that is called DS4Windows.
- Make sure that the controller is NOT connected to the system.
- Then download and run DS4Windows.
- Now extract the folder and then run the DS4Windows.exe file.
- Choose the location, where you want to save the profile Program Files or AppData.
- Tap on ‘Install the DS4 Driver’.
- Allow the driver to install, and then restart the system.
- Run the app and connect the controller (if it’s wired) or you can also press and hold the PS4 and Share button (if it’s wireless).
- Head to the Controller tab in the app, and it should show the controller. You can now use it to play games as well.
If you want to turn off/disconnect the PS4 controller from Windows 10, then follow these simple steps:
- First, open DS4Windows and click Stop.
- Head to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and then turn Bluetooth on and off.
- If you want to reconnect your PS4 controller, then just start DS4Windows and tap on the PS button on your controller.
Connect via InputMapper | ps4 controller driver
DS4 Windows should also be able to connect a PS4 controller, however, again there may be exceptions. In that case, there’s another app that you can try as well.
- First, you have to download and install InputMapper.
- Run the app and then allow it to install the driver named ‘Scarlet.Crush Productions System devices’.
- When it is installed, connect the controller to your system through the Bluetooth or USB port, whichever type you have.
- Now open the InputMapper app and the controller should appear in it. You can also configure the controller in the app, or you can do it in the game that you play as well.
Configure the controllers in games | ps4 controller driver
The above methods basically connect a PS4 controller to a Windows 10 system. When it is connected, then you may have to customize how it works within a game. Because it’ i a PS4 controller, all buttons may not work the same in all games actually. To change or check how the controller works in a game, you have to follow these steps below.
- You have to make sure the controller is connected to the system.
- Open the game that you want to play via the controller and go to its settings.
- Now look for the controller settings. These differ based on every single game’s own settings. If you guys can’t find the controller settings for a game, then Google where they are.
- On the Controller settings screen within a game, look through what each and evry button does, and change it if you want to. Make sure that you save the configurations.
- Then repeat this for all games that you guys want to play.
Games & controller support | ps4 controller driver
PC games usually have controller support. It does not actually matter if a game title has released for a console platform or not. It will still have support for a controller actually. Older games may not have support or they may not support the latest controllers however, games like that will be a very small subset of the games that are available as well.
Well, for games that do not have controller support, you guys can use InputMapper to map the controller keys to particular keyboard buttons that control gameplay. InputMapper supports multiple profiles so this should be really easy enough to do for different games. The results will differ based on the game and how old it actually is. If you guys are using an emulator in order to play a game, it is best to configure the controller within the emulator rather than using InputMapper.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “ps4 controller driver” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: discord on ps4 – How to install discord on ps4.