Well, your phone is not always your own. There is going to be that time when you guys hand it to a child so that they can watch Peppa Pig for the 798th time, or also your spouse wants to show friends vacation trips as well. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Create Android Password Protect Folder. Let’s begin!
When it is unlocked, anything on there is actually a fair game for someone who lets their curiosity get the best of them. However, you guys can make sure that pictures, videos, or other files that you’d guys rather stay private are kept under a digital lock and key as well. There are a lot of apps that do this, placing a secure folder on your home screen that only you can get to. It’s actually the easiest way to make sure that a lot of things you want to be private remain so.
After trying out many options, I landed on three good choices that might help you to avoid some embarrassing moments. Or just give you peace of mind whenever the family is handing your phone around the table at the next family gathering as well.
How to Create Android Password Protect Folder
Here we are going to discuss a cool Android app that will permit you to password protect files on your Android. And all you guys need is a password in order to open that file on your device. So just now follow the steps below to proceed.
Steps To Secure Your Files along With Password In Android:
- First of all on your Android device, just download and install the cool app File Locker as well.
- Now after you install it, just open it in your Android and you will see all the files and folders of Android storage there as well.
- Now you have to browse to the files that you guys want to lock along with this tool.
- Click on the file and choose the option Lock there. Now you have to enter the password there for the file that you are guys going to secure along with that tool, re-enter the password in another field, and tap on the lock option.
That’s just it! you are done, now the selected file will get secured along with password protection, and will always need a password in order to open that file in your Android.
Through Folder Lock To Lock Folders
Folder Lock basically lets you password-protect your personal files, pictures, videos, documents, contacts, wallet cards, notes, and audio recordings on Android Phones. The app comes along with a clean and pleasant interface. You guys can also transfer files from Gallery, PC or Mac, Camera, and Internet browser as well.
Features Of Folder Lock:
- Protect private pictures
- Hide sensitive videos and photos
- Password-protect secret audio
- Lockdown essential documents
- Write secure notes as well
- Record voice recordings and memos secretly too
How can you Use Folder Lock?
- First of all, you have to download and install the app Folder lock on your Android Smartphone and then run it. You have to set a password first actually.
- Now you guys will see many options, just choose the option you want. If you want to hide pictures then just choose the picture and add it to Folder lock and hide it. The same thing applies to other files and folders too.
- If you guys want to unhide the pictures or files then simply choose the file and then select “Unhide”
Android Password Protect Folder Via Gallery Vault
Another solid choice is GalleryVault actually. The key feature set is really similar, although the layout emphasizes a wider variety of content for you to save actually. The app also offers some really clever features in order to make it a ghost on your home screen. As you guys can hide the icon and open GalleryVault by typing in a pin into your dialer. A URL in the browser, or also using a couple of other clandestine methods in order to gain access.
The app is absolutely free, although it’s ad-supported. If you guys want to remove the ads and get some more features it will cost you $4 via an in-app upgrade. What you get is really good, however. It also includes fingerprint unlock, ability in order to close the app via shaking your phone. And an instant photo of the perpetrator if someone tries to break in actually.
Steps | android password protect the folder
- First of all, you have to download & install Gallery Vault on your Android smartphone. You guys can get the download link from here as well.
- When you download it, then open the app. In the first launch, the app will basically ask you to grant a few permissions. Make sure to give each and every permission or the app will not work. Now the tool will ask you to set the PIN or Pattern lock as well.
- You guys will now see the main interface of the app, and it will actually ask you to add files. Now, you have to choose the file type that you guys want to hide. Such as, we have also chosen ‘Images’
- Now the app will also show you all of the images that had been saved on your storage. Choose the image files that you guys want to hide and tap on ‘Add’
- When you do that, you will be asked if you want to hide the app icon or not. Just simply, click on the ‘Hide Now’ in order to hide the Gallery Vault icon.
- Now whenever you guys want to access the hidden file, you have to enter the PIN or Pattern that you guys have set. In case, if your icon is hidden then you also have to access the app via System Settings > Apps > Gallery Vault.
Android Password Protect Folder Via Calculator
Here is another trick that will let you hide your files and folders in Android. We are now going to use “Smart Hide Calculator” which is actually a fully functional calculator app, however, with a little twist. This app is actually a vault where you guys can store photos, videos, and documents.
- First, you guys have to download and install the app Smart Hide Calculator on your Android smartphone.
- When you download, then open the app, and there you have to set the password. That you will use to unlock your hidden files actually.
- Now you have to retype your password again. You guys will see a fully functional calculator on your screen as well.
- If you want to enter the vault, just simply type your password and then click on the ‘=’ button to access the vault.
- Then once you entered the vault, you guys will then see options such as ‘Hide Files’, ‘Unhide Files’, ‘Freeze Apps’, etc.
- Now simply select the files that you want to hide as well.
Well, AppLock can lock Facebook, Whatsapp, Gallery, Messenger, SMS, Contacts, Gmail, Settings, incoming calls, and any app that you select. Prevent unauthorized access and guard privacy. Ensure security. It can also even hide pictures and videos too.
FileSafe- Hide File/Folder
Along with FileSafe – Hide File or Folder, you can easily hide, lock your files, folders, and then access them easily via a secret PIN code as well. Now you guys can easily share your phone without even worrying about privacy. It is really easy to use File Manager or Explorer-like interface in order to browse files.
Folder Lock Advanced
Folder Lock® Advanced is actually a more sophisticated version of Folder Lock 1.6 for Android, boasting better graphics, new features, and also overall performance. Introducing Gallery Lock, which basically encrypts your pictures and videos. You guys can also secure audios, documents, wallet cards, notes, and many other types of data on your Android phone as well.
Secure Folder is actually one of the best folder locker apps which you guys can use on your Samsung Smartphone. The app is basically developed via Samsung for its smartphone. And it also leverages the defense-grade Samsung Knox security platform in order to create a private space that’s encrypted along with a password. So, you guys can use that private space in order to lock, files and folders as well.
Private Zone is another amazing app that will also let you lock apps to avoid intrusion. Along with the Private Zone Android app, you can also protect your private information through hiding photos & videos, and necessary files in our private zone as well.
Well, File locker is one of the best and also secure file locker app that Android users would love to have. The app gives users an easy way in order to create a private space on their device from where necessary data. That includes files and folders that can be saved. Another best thing about the File locker is that it can lock pictures, videos, documents, contacts, audio recordings as well.
Norton App Lock
Norton App Lock is another leading app locker on the list that can also lock apps with a password. Basically, it’s an app locker that allows users in order to add passcode security to apps that don’t really have it. Apart from that, Norton App Lock can also lock private data and pictures from the prying eyes of intruders as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this android password protect folder” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!