Do you want to enable live captions in Microsoft teams? Microsoft always keeps adding the latest features to all its services. It’s the latest offering for Microsoft Teams is the ability to copy live captions. Live captions can be used during company events or company meetings. Do you like to know how to enable live captions? Simply follow our guide to enable live captions in Microsoft teams.
When Live Captions are Available
Well, it may be amazing but Live Captions features are not available for video and audio calls on Microsoft Teams. Live Captions are available in a meeting call. So, once a meeting set up, and you join it, will you have the Live captions feature available.
So, during live events, you have a Live Captions feature available in Microsoft Teams.
Live Captions need to be turned on by Admin/Organizer
Once the event is created, the admin should turn on the Live Caption feature. One only wants to choose the Captions box to turn on Live Captions for the live event/meeting.
Note: Microsoft suggests sitting as close to the microphone as physically possible to make sure the best outcomes while using live captions. Users having a fluent accent might not be able to achieve the required results as currently the feature only supports US English. More language supports and accents are expected to reach soon in the coming months.
How to Enable Live Captions
Note: Recently Microsoft launched an update for its mobile app for both iOS and Android. This update provides you the functionality to use live captions on your Android phone. You can simply follow the same article to turn on live captions on your mobile.
Initially, join a meeting on Microsoft Teams. While joining you’ll receive an email for this.
Once the call begins, tap on the ‘3-dot’ menu icon under your screen.
A submenu should appear with different choices options to increase and change your meeting. Also, Tap on the option titled ‘Turn on live captions’.
Live captions should now be enabled for your meeting.
How to Disable Live Captions For a Meeting
Find and tap on the ‘3-dot’ menu icon under your screen in the calling bar.
Also, choose the choice titled ‘Turn off/Disable live captions’ from the submenu that will pop up.
Now the Live captions disable for that specific meeting.
Why should you use the Live Captions feature?
- We use it because it makes calls and meetings quite simpler for participants that are suffering from hearing issues.
- It is easy to comprehend and communicate with people with various levels of language proficiency.
- Participants that are in a place where they face a high amount of disturbance can easy to understand.
- Also, it is easy for non-native English speakers to follow along.
Do You Know?
- People with a fluent accent and non-native US English practitioners might find it complex to produce the required results
- Microsoft will automatically star-out oath and foul words
- The subject of your meeting’s and team member details shared with Microsoft servers to yield good results
Here all about “Enable live captions in Microsoft teams”. I hope this article helps you to identify and check your requirements for live captions in Microsoft Teams. Have you ever use this latest feature? What is your experience with it? Feel free to share your thoughts, views, and suggestions with us in the comments section below.
Till then! Peace Out 😎