The Code 10 error is one of many Device Manager error codes. It is generated when the Device Manager can’t start the hardware device, a situation mostly caused by outdated or corrupted drivers. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Device Cannot Start Code 10. Let’s begin!
A device may also receive a Code 10 error if a driver generates an error that Device Manager does not understand. In other words, a Code 10 error can most of the time be a very generic message indicating some kind of unspecified driver or hardware problem.
The Code 10 error can apply to any hardware device in Device Manager. Although most Code 10 errors show on USB and also audio devices.
Code 10 Error | device cannot start code 10
Error Code 10 is one of another device manager errors that gets generated when the device manager is unable to handle the driver for the devices. In another word, if the driver is corrupted then the device manager can generate the error code 10 along with this following error message.
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
This message indicates that your driver now becomes inaccessible and you need to reset, reinstall, or also update the driver for the devices. However, keep that in mind that only corruption in the driver is not a single reason behind This device cannot start. (Code 10) and there are also many reasons that can cause the same error. In this article, you will get all of the possible causes along with a unique solution to this problem.
How to Fix Device Cannot Start Code 10
Restart your computer
Restart your computer if you have not do that already. There is always the chance that the error Code 10 you are seeing on a device was actually caused by some temporary problem in Device Manager or also with the hardware. If so, a reboot, like in many situations, might actually fix the Code 10 error.
Use Advanced System Repair Tool
As we know, the most prominent reason behind “Code 10” is corrupted, damaged, or also an outdated device driver. So you need an Advanced System Repair Tool that easily fixes the problems related to Device Manager. It also repairs missing or corrupted system files Such as DLL files, exe files, exe files, sys files, ocx files, inf files, etc. Most of the time “Code 10” error appears because of corrupt registry entries. Advanced System Repair Tool takes care of the registry file too and fixes the error easily.
Fix Corrupted Driver Problems on windows | device cannot start code 10
As you already know that the core reason behind Error Code 10 – This device cannot start in Device Manager is corrupted or also damaged device driver. So, Uninstalling and Reinstalling Device Driver may fix your issue permanently actually. Just uninstall the driver from Device Manager and install the latest version of the compatible driver well.
- Click on the start menu and search for the device. Now open the Device Manager from the search result.
- Choose Problematic Device > Right click on them and then select Properties.
- Head to the Driver tab and then tap on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver.
Then reboot your PC.
Open Device Manager again and head to Action > Scan for hardware changes.
Follow the on-screen instruction and fix Device manager error Code 10 – This device cannot start in Device Manager.
Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter | device cannot start code 10
Hardware Troubleshooter is an effective and easy way in order to fix any device-related issues. Not only error Code 10 – This device cannot start in Device Manager however, if you are getting some other error message. That is actually associated with Device Manager, then running Hardware Troubleshooter may give you a quick fix of this error.
- Tap on Start Menu and then search for troubleshoot. Tap on Troubleshooting from the search item.
- Press View All link in the left panel. It will then open all the troubleshooting menu.
- Find Hardware and Devices in the list and then tap on it. It will then start Hardware and Devices Troubleshooting.
- Tap Next to start the process.
Update Driver Manually | device cannot start code 10
The above error is associated with driver software, so it is the best idea to update the driver manually actually.
- Click on Start Menu and search for the device. Tap on Device Manager from the search result. It will then open Device Manager Windows.
- Search for the driver, which has the yellow exclamation mark and right-click on them and choose Update Driver Software. You must be connected to the internet before even updating driver software.
- Choose, “Search automatically for updated driver software”. It will then search the internet for the latest driver software.
- If you have already a local file of driver software then choose “Browse my computer for driver software” and also browse a local copy of drivers.
Increase System Memory | device cannot start code 10
You must analyze system memory in order to fix this problem. If your system is running out low memory issue then the mighty choice is installing additional RAM in your PC as well.
- Tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager. Press on More Details.
- Head to Performance Tab and analyze how much System memory is available for use.
Modify Registry File | device cannot start code 10
The modifying registry file is actually not recommended because the incorrect edit of the registry file may harm your operating system badly. For added security, you must keep a backup of the registry file before even performing any operation on it.
- Open Run command by tapping Windows Key + R and then type regedit.exe
- Browse for the following entries and then delete UpperFilters and LowerFilters.
- Then reboot your PC.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this device cannot start code 10 articles and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!