Facebook is one of the first social media platforms which appear almost a decade ago and has been rising to the top since. It has acquired numerous other platforms as well as that includes Instagram, Snapchat, etc. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix if Facebook Pictures not Loading. Let’s begin!
Users all around the globe have experienced many issues where Facebook images refused to load. It can also be either on Android devices or on web browsers as well. Officially, Facebook has not released an official statement regarding the problem but we traced it back to many causes. In this article, we will go through all the reasons as to why this issue occurs and what the possible workarounds we can use to fix the problem.
Causes Pictures do not Load on Facebook? | facebook pictures not loading
We looked at many user cases and after doing some research on our own, we came to the conclusion that the issue occurred because of several different reasons but most of them related to the network on your computer. Some of the reasons why Facebook might not load pictures are but not limited to:
- Bad DNS: DNS many perform a pivotal role in resolving the hostnames of different requests. If the DNS is not working on your computer, then you will be unable to load any pictures or in some cases, your Facebook also might not work.
- Bad internet connection: This cause does not need much explanation. If you have a bad internet connection on your computer, then the images will stay in an infinite loading sequence.
- Network cache: Just like all other modules in other devices, your network cache performs a pivotal role in running all network-related applications. If your network cache is somehow corrupt or has bad data, it might conflict with the new upcoming data from Facebook, and pictures will fail to load.
- Hosts file: The host’s file is actually responsible for handling the hosts locally on your computer. If your host file does not contain proper entries for Facebook, the pictures will fail to load indefinitely.
- Free Facebook: In some networks, Facebook provides itself free without consuming any data from your plan provided that you are not downloading pictures. If the free mode is activated, then the pictures will not be loaded.
- Disabled images: Some browsers such as Firefox have the ability to block incoming pictures if a certain property is enabled. we can check the properties and make sure nothing like that is enabled.
Further | facebook pictures not loading
- Flash player: Even though Facebook does not routinely use the Flash player for its operations, in some cases, it might. Installing and enabling the Flash player might help.
- Ad-blockers: Ad-blockers work tirelessly on your browser to make sure that all the Ads get blocked. But, in some cases, during the process, the application blocks Facebook’s own pictures. Turning off the ad-blocker might help.
- Server outage: In rare cases, the service by Facebook itself is facing outages either due to unexpected issues in the servers or because of maintenance. You can also check the server statuses here to confirm.
Before we start with the solutions, make sure that you are not logged in as an administrator and have saved all your work because we will be restarting your computer a lot. Also, make sure that you have your account credentials at hand.
Requirements: Checking Internet Connection | facebook pictures not loading
The first step you need to solve the issue of Facebook pictures not loading is making sure that you have an active internet connection. If there are some issues with your network and the Facebook client is unable to connect to its pictures server, then you will not be able to load any images or videos whatsoever. In this solution, we will give you some handy tips that you can use to make sure that you have a good internet connection.
- Try to connect some other device to the same network and see if Facebook’s pictures are bring loaded. If they are, then it means there is some problem with your every device.
- Try doing a speed test and also check the speed of your current internet. This will give you an idea of if you need to consider changing your network or not.
- If you are using an organizational or public internet, then it is recommended that you switch to a private mostly. Open and public internets have limited access which causes websites such as Facebook not to work properly.
If these tips do not work and you still cannot load Facebook pictures, then you should consider resetting your router but do so after performing the other solutions. Let’s have a look at all the methods.
1) Verify the status of the Facebook server | facebook pictures not loading
An important step that you should try before we move on to other technical details is checking whether the Facebook servers are up and running. Servers being down is nothing new along with giant social media platforms. In fact, we came across numerous cases that occurred periodically.
Another case that we came across was where the server status showed that the servers were up but in reality, they were actually not. You can always check the official server status but make sure that you also check other forums and look for users having the same situation. If you find any, it probably means that there is an outage from the backend and this issue will most probably be fixed within a few hours.
2) Check the Internet connection speed | facebook pictures not loading
While many websites would open over a slow internet connection, many entities on webpages such as pictures and videos which might not load on time (or at all). So, it is advisable in order to check the speed of your internet connection using these speed test tools.
3) Check if Pictures are disabled on your browser
Another thing to check before we proceed is making sure that pictures are not disabled on your web browser. If they are, not only will you not be able to see images on Facebook, you will not be able to see any pictures.
If you experience this behavior, then you should check with your computer’s documentation and see which options you can tweak to turn off the option. Such as, in Google Chrome, you can search for pictures and when the option comes forward, then make sure Show all is enabled. Restart your computer after doing so and see if this fixes the problem or not.
4) Resolve a bad DNS server | facebook pictures not loading
A bad DNS server could also be a reason for the issue. You can solve this problem by using a fixed DNS server address that works. The procedure for the same is as follows, have a look:
Click Win+R to open the Run window and type the command control panel. Tap Enter to open the Control Panel window.
- First, head to Network and Internet > Network and sharing center.
- Tap on the name of your WiFi network to open the WiFi status window.
- Choose Properties. If it asks for Administrator permissions, Tap on Yes.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 to open its properties.
- Shift the radio button in order to Use the following DNS server addresses and use the following values:
- Preferred DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS server: 18.104.22.168
- Tap on OK to save the settings.
5) Use elevated Command Prompt | facebook pictures not loading
If the network configurations are corrupt, then you might face some issues accessing websites and web content. In this case, you could use a few commands in the elevated Command Prompt to solve the problem.
Then search for command prompt in the Windows search bar and right-click on Command Prompt. Choose Run as administrator.
Type the following commands one by one and tap Enter after each command to flush the DNS cache:
ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns
Restart the system when the commands have executed.
6) Network Adapter troubleshooter | facebook pictures not loading
The Network Adapter troubleshooter is an excellent tool that checks for Network issues on the system and resolves them if possible. You can see the procedure to run the Network Adapter troubleshooter is as follows:
- Tap on the Start button and go to Settings>Updates and Security>Troubleshoot.
- Choose the Network Adapter troubleshooter from the list and run it.
- When the troubleshooter has scanned, it would either fix the problem, report it, or ignore it.
- In either case, restart the system and then check if images start appearing on Facebook or not.
7) Disable VPN software
Disable your VPN software and then see if that works for you or not.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this facebook pictures not loading article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!