In this tutorial, we will also show you how to fix the Failed to Join Lobby Error in No Mans Sky. The game basically belongs to the expiration survival genre and generally received a positive reception upon its launch actually. Talking about which, it was actually released for PS4 and Windows in 2016, and also a couple of years later for Xbox One. The whole environment is procedurally generated, giving players the ability. In order to carry out activities including exploration, survival, combat, and trading as well. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix No Mans Sky Failed to Join Lobby
You will have to deal with a lot of different types of alien species- either trade or engage in battles. However, you could effectively deal with them, what you guys might have trouble dealing with is actually a certain issue bugging the game. Most of the users are complaining about the Failed to Join Lobby Error in the No Man’s Sky game. In this tutorial, we will also list out all the possible reasons. Because to why you might be facing this error. Moreover, the potential fixes for the same will also be mentioned. So without any further ado, let’s begin along with the fixes.
How to Fix No Mans Sky Failed to Join Lobby
There could be a lot of reasons as to why you might face the aforementioned issue. In order to begin with, it might be the issue along with the game mode, saved game data, network-related problems. Issues along with the privacy settings, or the game’s integrity files. Just like, if you guys are using an outdated graphics card or an old version of the game itself, then you might face this error as well. With that said, here is how you can fix these issues and thus the Failed to Join Lobby Error in the No Man’s Sky game as well.
Restart Game and System
Although it might sound to be strange, a really simple restart of the game, as well as the system, might prove to highly effective as well. So before we list any of the higher level fixes too, we would actually first recommend you to close the game and then relaunch it again. Here are the required instructions if you guys have launched the game through Steam on your PC.
- Right-tap on the Start menu icon and choose Task Manager from the menu.
- Then under the Processes tab, you have to choose the Steam.exe file.
- Tap on End Task situated at the bottom right. This will basically close the game and all its background processes.
- Now tap on the Start menu > Power > Restart.
- When your PC reboots, then open No Man’s Sky and see if you guys are still facing the Failed to Join Lobby Error or not.
Sometimes, the issue could be along with your network connection as well. In that regard, we would suggest you change the network as well. Such as, you guys could switch from wireless (WiFi) to wired (ethernet) or also even use your device’s internet through a hotspot. See if it manages to rectify the said issue or not.
Use the Same Game Mode
If you guys are playing the multiplayer mode, however, you and your friend’s game modes are different. Then it could also result in the said error as well. This mostly happens whenever you guys are playing the normal mode and your friend is via experimental, or vice versa. This conflicting situation mostly throws the Failed to Join Lobby Error in No Man’s Sky.
Here is how you can apply the same game mode to all of the user profiles. Just keep in mind that switching the modes might erase all the game progress as well. However, it will at least be better than not able to access the game in the first place, isn’t it?
- Just open Steam on your PC and then navigate to the Library section.
- Head over to the No Man’s Sky game, right-tap on it, and choose Properties.
- Under the Beta access code section, now type in 3xperimental and tap on Check Code.
- Then the choose the beta you would like to opt into” drop-down and click “Experimental”. Or NONE – Opt-out of programs, if your friends are using the same as well.
- Whatever mode you guys end up choosing, just make sure that your friends select the same as well.
- When you have made the said changes, launch open the game, and also see whether the issue persists it not.
Use the Previous Save File for Invite Purpose
It might also be the case that your latest saved game file might be corrupt actually. So if you guys are inviting your peers through that save game, then they might end up facing the said issue. So you could consider using one of the earlier save game files for the invitation purpose as well. To do that, follow these steps:
- First, open the game and head over to the Options menu.
- Then under the Saved game section, and then tap on Reload Previous.
- When you do that and head back to the main menu. Then head to Network & Voice section.
- Tap on Invite Friends and select your friend from the list that was earlier facing this issue.
- When that is done, check if the Failed to Join Lobby Error in the No Man’s Sky game has been fixed or not as well.
Check Xbox Privacy Settings
If you guys are facing this error on your Xbox, then it might be the case that your Xbox is blocking others from accessing your game’s content as well. As a result, it ould conflict along with a successful multiplayer connection. So here is how you guys could allow access in Xbox through tweaking the privacy settings.
- Head over to the setting page of Xbox and then tap on Privacy and Online Safety. From the left menu bar as well.
- Now navigate to the Xbox One or Windows 10 Online Safety section.
- Find the You can join multiplayer games and turn on the said feature.
- Finally, tap on the Submit button and launch the game. Check if you are able to fix the Failed to Join Lobby Error in No Man’s Sky as well.
Update Game | no mans sky failed to join the lobby
If you guys are using an older version of the game, then it might be buggy and could result in a few issues as well. Just like that, whenever the developer releases a newer build, they not only introduce new features. However, also bring in bug fixes and stability issues as well. So, we would recommend you in order to update the game to the latest version, if available actually.
To do that, just open Steam and head over to Library. Then head to the No Man’s Sky game and go to the Update tab. Then under the Automatic Updates section, just choose Always keep this game up to date. Steam will automatically apply any new update as and when it is available. But, if there is no such update, then refer to the next fix for No Man’s Sky Failed to Join Lobby Error as well.
Check Integrity of Game Files
Most of the time, if a game file is corrupt or is missing, then it could lead to a lot of problems as well. The above-mentioned one could be one of them as well. Fortunately, Steam gives a pretty handy platform in order to check the integrity of the game files. here is how it could be done:
- First, open Steam and head over to the Library section.
- Right-tap on the No Man’s Sky game and choose Properties.
- Now head over to the Local Files section and also tap on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Now, wait for the process to finish. When you do that, launch No Man’s Sky and see if it throws up the Failed to Join Lobby Error or not.
Update Graphics Drivers
Well, it goes without even saying that an old and outdated graphics card might lead to many issues. Therefore you guys should consider updating it to the latest version right away. Just follow the below steps for that.
- Right-tap on the Windows icon and choose Device Manager.
- Then tap on Device Adapters in order to expand the menu.
- Next up, right-tap on your graphic card and select Update Drivers.
- Tap on Search automatically for updated graphics drivers as well.
- Windows will then search for the latest version of the drivers and will automatically apply the update as well.
- When you do that, open the game and the issue should have been fixed via now.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “no mans sky failed to join lobby” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!