Many Reddit users have actually reported about the pending transaction Steam error where they see the following error message – Your transaction cannot be completed since you have another pending transaction for one or more items in your cart. These errors most of the time arise when there are some technical glitches in the Steam server. If you guys see this Steam error frequently, then we have some troubleshooting steps that might help you in order to fix this issue immediately. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Pending Transaction Steam Error Message? Let’s begin!
The new Steam Pending Transaction message is a really huge problem as it avoids gamers from purchasing any new games, DLC’s and many other digital goods from the Steam marketplace. Steam is a famous marketplace for buying and playing new games. Although there are a lot of free games available, folks still prefer to buy games that they like. So here are some quick fixes to the Pending transaction steam error message as well.
What is Pending Transaction Steam Error Message
At Steam, you guys can directly buy any title of your interest, plus it also offers many Windows games and titles completely for free. Now, many Reddit users complain about a really common error that avoids them from completing their transactions on Steam.
This error basically says, “You have another pending transaction on your Steam account.” Imagine how frustrating it is not to be able to even download your favorite games. So, if you too are facing the exact same issue, then keep reading on this article. Today we will also see how to fix this pending transaction Steam error.
Possible Reasons For Steam Pending Transaction Error
Before jumping to a conclusion, it becomes important to know why we are facing such a shocking issue actually. So, let us also have a look at some of the most common causes behind this error:
- Users might find this ‘Steam Pending Transaction Error’ because of some incomplete Steam purchase in the past.
- The ‘Steam Pending Transaction Error’ keeps on appearing, maybe since the Steam server is down.
- Lastly, if the above causes don’t really meet your state of affairs, there might be some faulty issues happening with your account. In such a case, contact Steam also Support for further help.
How can you Fix Pending Transaction Steam Error Message
There are a few methods through which you guys can fix the Steam pending transaction issue. Just follow these methods carefully in order to get rid of this error and start playing your favorite games as well:
Canceling other pending transactions
If you guys tried purchasing games on Steam earlier and made attempts to make payments. Then just follow the steps below to cancel all your failed transactions:
- First of all, open the Steam application to your account and go to your account. Click on the ‘Account Details’ button.
- Now tap on the ‘View Purchase History’ link. It will actually show you all your earlier Steam transactions.
- If you guys see any pending transaction, then choose it and click on cancel this transaction.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Cancel My Purchase’ button.
Check For Steam Server Outages
Sometimes when the Steam website’s server goes down, it might also result in showing such faulty errors. Hence, let’s make sure if this is the actual cause behind the problem. You have to open any browser on your computer and navigate to ‘downdetector.com.’ In the top-right corner, just head to the drop-down menu and select your country.
Enter Steam in the search field and then tap on the enter button. Check if the server is down or not.
If the Steam website’s server is down, then you have to wait for a while and check the network status again. Now, if the server gets back on track, go try to purchase your favorite stuff.
Double Check your Steam Region
Steam operates its services in a lot of regions and countries in the world. It is quite possible that you right guys accidentally have changed the region or country of origin in your game. So just make sure to verify that in the Settings and preference menu.
Turn Off VPN or other Proxy applications
If you are using any VPN or Proxy programs on your system, then this might create a hindrance that can cause you into developing such errors. Make sure to turn off all your VPN and many other proxy programs before even making a Steam purchase.
- On your desktop screen, you have to right-click on the taskbar. Tap on the ‘Taskbar Manager’ option in order to load the Taskbar Manager Window.
- Choose the VPN or Proxy process and simply tap on the ‘End Task’ button.
- Next, just head to your Start-Up Tab, find the VPN service that has been enabled on your system.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Disable’ button in order to turn off the process.
Verify Default currency
In some cases, Steam automatically assigned you a really default currency. Mostly, it’s US Dollar via default, however, as you sign in, the currency changes automatically as your county. For Indian users, it’s INR, for Austrians, it’s AUD, and so on as well.
Buying a game along with a mismatching currency will be blocked via your Bank under suspicious or fraudulent activity. Even if you pay via credit card, the transaction will show up as pending in your Steam dashboard actually. So make sure that you’re paying in the same currency as per your country.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!