Are you looking for a solution to fix Preview Pane stops working issue? If yes, then you are in the right place. In Windows, the preview pane is turned on by default. It means when you tap on any file whose format supports previewing, you’ll then view a preview of file content in the preview pane. Usually, file formats like .txt, .HTML, .bat, .reg etc can support previewing.
How To Fix Preview Pane Stops Working In Windows 10:
Solution 1 – Via Folder Options
- Hit Windows + E to open File Explorer.
- Now move down to File Explorer ribbon, tap View > Options > Change folder and search options.
- From the Folder Options window, move to the View tab. From the Advanced settings, mark Show preview handlers in the preview pane option to turn on the preview pane. Tap Apply followed by OK.
However, the setting will be applied immediately. So you can check in File Explorer and then you’ll find that the preview pane is working.
If the issue (Preview Pane stops working) still occurs, dive down to the other solution given below.
Solution 2 – Via Registry
- At first, hit Windows+ R and then put
regeditin the Run dialog box to open Registry Editor. Then tap OK.
- Now from the left pane of the Registry Editor window, move to the following registry key:
- From the right pane of the Advanced registry key, check the
ShowPreviewHandlersregistry DWORD (REG_DWORD) that can have its Value data set to 0. Double-tap on this DWORD to change the Value data.
- At last, you can now set the Value data to 1. Then tap OK, exit Registry Editor, and then reboot.
After you successfully restart your PC, the preview pane starts working fine.
So, these were some of the best solutions to fix Preview Pane stops working issue. I hope you successfully resolve the issue with the help of our content. If you have any query regarding this guide or any other solution to get rid of the issue then feel free and let us know below. If you know of any other alternative method to fix it then let us know below.