Although there are a lot of video calling services available for desktop PC. It was Skype that basically stands out from the crowd and dominates the video call section actually. If we compared to all the other desktop clients for video calling, Skype basically gives far more features actually. Skype is not just limited to video calls, however, it also specializes in text messaging as well. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Skype Messaging Unavailable Error. Let’s begin!
So, right now, Skype was used via millions of users in order to make and receive video calls. But, it has a few drawbacks. There are a lot of bugs in the desktop clients that basically welcome users via throwing error messages actually. Recently, we have also received multiple messages from our readers regarding the ‘Skype messaging unavailable’ error message actually.
How to Fix Skype Messaging Unavailable Error
Well, if you are also getting the same error, then you have landed on the right webpage actually. In this article, we are now going to share some of the best methods in order to fix Skype messaging unavailable error message from Windows 10.
Delete the Shared.xml file
Most of Skype users have reported that they have fixed the ‘Skype messaging unavailable’ error message thorugh deleting the shared.xml file. But, there is actually no assurity that it will get the error fixed or not. However, you can try this one. So, here’s what actually you have to do.
- First of all, you have to open task manager on your PC and then right-tap on the Skype app and choose ‘End Task’
- Then, you have to open the RUN dialog box on your Windows PC. For that, you have to tap on Windows Key + R.
- Now on the RUN dialog box, you need to enter ‘%appdata%skype’ without a quotation mark. And then press the Enter button as well.
- So, in the next step, you have to find and then delete the shared.xml file.
That’s just it, you are all done! After you delete the shared.xml file. You then have to restart the Skype client in order to fix the ‘Skype messaging unavailable’ error message.
Updating Your Skype Application
The older version of the Skype app for Windows has actually some bugs that had been fixed in the latest version. So, if you guys are running an outdated version of Skype, then it’s really obvious to get error messages such as ‘Skype messaging unavailable’. So, you have to update your Skype app to the latest version in order to fix the Skype messaging unavailable error.
- First of all, just open Skype on your Windows 10 PC and then tap on ‘Help and feedback’
- Then in the next step, just tap on ‘Check for Updates’
Now skype will automatically install the updates actually. When you update restart the Skype client in order to fix Skype messaging unavailable error message.
Resetting Skype Application
Well, most of the Windows users on the Microsoft forum have said that resetting the Skype application has fixed the Skype messaging unavailable error message actually. So, if the above methods failed to fix the error message, then you can also consider to reset the Skype application. Follow some of the steps given below in order to reset the Skype application.
- First of all, just open Start Menu and then tap on ‘Settings’
- Then tap on Apps and locate Skype.
- Next, you need to on Advanced options and then choose ‘Reset’
That’s all, you are done now! This is how you guys can reset the Skype application in order to fix Skype messaging unavailable error message.
Reinstall Skype Application
If you guys are still getting the Skype messaging unavailable error message even after you follow the methods given above. Then you have to reinstall the Skype application actually. Reinstall skype will reset all user-made settings which will basically fix the error as well. So, let’s see how you can reinstall Skype on Windows 10.
- First of all, you have to open the Control Panel on your Windows 10 computer.
- Now in the list of installed apps, just search for Skype.
- Then tap on it and select the option ‘Uninstall’
- When you uninstall, then reinstall the Skype application once again.
That’s just it, you are all done! This is how you guys can fix Skype messaging unavailable error message through reinstalling the Skype client actually.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: Another Instance is Running Error on Windows – Fix