Well, there may be different ways that you copy your Windows 10. These basically include purchase from the retail shop, pre-install Windows 10 from OEM, buying a license from online sites such as Amazon, etc. Whenever you guys Windows 10 from these non-official sources. Then you might face trouble along with Windows activation, relying upon how the machine activates previously. we’re going to talk about one such issue, which is mostly faced by users. So, in this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Windows Error 0x8007007b – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
When you are trying to activate, you may receive the following message and thus activation process is terminated:
We can’t activate Windows on this device as we can’t connect to your organization’s activation server. Make sure that you’re connected to your organization’s network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organization’s support person. (0x8007007b)
If you guys are also facing this exact error, then do not have to worry, you’re not alone!
Reason This Windows 10 Error 0x8007007b Occurs?
The error may occur because of the following reasons:
This error supposes to face via Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise edition users actually. As these two editions are generally sold to large organizations, that results in volume licensing. Well, volume license clients may use different activation methods. Generally, these types of clients deploy a Key Management Server (KMS) for mass activation. KMS gives centralized management of activation requests for each and every client. As the KMS clients setup is not permanent, and they have an expiry within actually 180 days (6 months) from the date of activation. Then after 180 days, if the KMS client is no longer connected to the organization’s server, and the above-mentioned error occurs. So if you guys are facing this issue along with your Windows 10, it might be activated previously through KMS setup.
If you want to find the way your license deploys, then run
slmgr.vbs /dlv command in administrative Command Prompt. The output should be just the same as the window shown below. If the Product Key Channel basically says GVLK, then your system may also be activated through volume licensing. That is the root cause of this problem actually.
Error 0xC004F074 may also occur if you inadvertently install an incorrect Windows edition actually. The copy of Windows 10 that you download and upgrade from should often correspond along with the edition of Windows you have installed earlier. If that does not occur, then these problems are expected to occur. If you guys did this, download the correct Windows 10 edition and then you have to make a clean install, first.
How to Fix Windows Error 0x8007007b – Tutorial
- Whenever you are at your desktop screen, just tap on windows key + S and then type “Command Prompt”. Now just right tap on “Command Prompt” in results and choose “Run as administrator“. When you prompt it via a message requesting permission in order to open, just tap on the Yes
- Then in “command prompt“, you guys will have to write the following command:
slmgr.vbs –ipk YYYYY- YYYYY – YYYYY – YYYYY – YYYYY
So, where Y letters represent the code of your windows activation product key. If you guys are using a laptop and don’t really know your product key, because you guys got the windows pre-activated in it. Then you will have to run the following command in a separate “command prompt” window. And then do open “command prompt” along with administrator access.
powershell "(Get-WmiObject -query ‘select * from SoftwareLicensingService’).OA3xOriginalProductKey"
Click on enter and output would be your Windows activation product key actually.
- Now replace the product key via ‘Y‘ letters and then click on enter.
- Then you have to write the following command in the same “Command Prompt” window:
- Just tap on the enter.
- Now reboot Your computer and now try to activate your windows again. It should not show Error Code 0x8007007B now actually.
Use Slui 3 Command | Windows Error 0x8007007b
- When you are at the Desktop, tap on Windows key + R.
- A “Run” windows should now open and write down the following command:
- Now click on enter and then just wait for a window to appear.
- That window should now ask you to enter your operating system activation product key.
- Enter the product key if you guys have or enter the same key, and you got when trying “Solution 1“.
- After you enter the product key, click the “Activate” button.
- Now reboot your Windows 10 machine as well.
- Just check now for activation. Error Code 0x8007007B should disappear now.
Run the System File Checker
As I have mentioned above, it’s actually possible that your system corrupts system files preventing it from activating Windows. Well, running the System File Checker (SFC) will permit you in order to repair these files and then try activating again.
For this method, you guys need to have a local user along with administrative permissions.
- Just open “command prompt” along with administrator access, just like you did in Solution 1 and enter the following command:
- Now let the command completes its tasks. It should take some time, so just leave the computer for some time actually. Let the SFC finish its scan actually.
- When you do the scanning, then reboot your computer.
- Check now for activation as well. Error Code 0x8007007B should now disappear.
- If yes, then just repeat ‘Solution 1‘ or do ‘Solution 4‘ as well.
Further | Windows Error 0x8007007b
You can call “Microsoft Support Team” and explain your problem to them in detail as well. Tell them that you guys are getting error code 0x8007007B and then also ask them to change your product key as well. So, if they give you now product key, then just repeat “Solution 2“. Either Microsoft Support Team shall change your product key or also reset the current product key. So that you may use it for activation again too.
Most of the time what happens or why you have this error is because when a product key trying to activating a lot of times. It then it blocks via the Microsoft server automatically in order to prevent abuse. In these types of cases, the only solution you are left with is to get the new product key from the ‘Microsoft Support Team’.
Activate Windows via Phone
One of these things you can also do is look for alternate ways in order to activate Windows 10. An instant and easy one is calling Microsoft and activating your system through the phone.
- Well, in your search bar, then just type in slui.exe 4 and tap on the best match.
- Just like that, you can tap on the Windows and R keys on your keyboard in order to open Run. Type in slui.exe 4 and then tap on OK.
- If it is available, the Phone Activation window will then open.
- Choose your country and region, and then tap on Next.
- You guys will see a phone number that you can call in order to reach the Microsoft Product Activation Center. You will first have to go via an automated menu and answer three questions:
- What product are you trying to activate?
- Have you previously activated the product?
- Do you have a product key?
- Then after the automate message is over, it will then ask you if you need assistance. Say “yes” to connected along with a human operator who will actually help you activate Windows 10.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “Windows Error 0x8007007b” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!