Facebook Marketplace is an amazing feature design into the Facebook social network that’s used by over 800 million users every month to purchase and sell services or products.
The Facebook Marketplace service can be accessed directly within Facebook for free through the following ways:
- Facebook website: Tap the Marketplace link on the main menu on the left side of the display screen.
- Facebook apps: Click the icon that seems like three horizontal lines to open the secondary menu and then click on Marketplace. If you can’t view the link, it might be hidden at the bottom of the See More link. Simply click on it to view all the menu options.
However Fb Marketplace can also be found through the two methods above, the option can certainly disappear completely because of a technical issue or a limitation placed on an account.
Here’s what you want to know about how to add Marketplace to Facebook and to get that icon to display again within the apps and on the Facebook website.
Causes: Why Facebook Marketplace Icon Is Missing?
After you open the Facebook app or website and the Facebook Marketplace icon is missing, there are many reasons that might be behind this issue.
- Age restriction (under 18): Facebook Marketplace is available only to Facebook users who are 18+.
- Incompatibility of the home region. Fb Marketplace is also available in fifty countries. For example Canada, United States, and Australia. When your home address on your Facebook profile is set to a country that isn’t compatible. Then the Fb Marketplace icon disappears.
- You’re in a country that can’t support it: Traveling to a country that is not compatible with Fb Marketplace. It causes the option to not appear from the Facebook website and apps.
- Your device can’t support it: FB Marketplace only works on Android, iPhone 5 or later, and iPad devices. It does not work on the iPod touch.
- The New Facebook Account: Fb Marketplace can’t appear at all to new Facebook users. It can be done to secure scammers from creating new accounts or selling fake products soon after having older accounts banned from the platform.
- Hidden in the dynamic menu: The main icon menu in Facebook apps is dynamic and shows shortcuts to Facebook features that you mostly use. If you move a while without using Fb Marketplace, the icon might disappear. Just click the three-line icon on the main menu to view more Facebook services.
- Your access has been revoked by Facebook. This can happen whenever you use Marketplace in a way that breaks its standards or policies.
Steps To Get The Marketplace On Facebook
If you currently don’t have Fb Marketplace after logging into Facebook. Then there are many things you can try to get it to appear.
At first, log out of the Facebook site or app and then again log in.
Then uninstall and again install the Facebook app on your android.
Here you modify your home country to one supported by Facebook Marketplace. Head over to your Facebook profile. Then tap About, and tap the plus sign to add a city or Edit to modify your current city.
Then use a new Facebook account. Then add comment or posts, and add friends. When Facebook checks that your account is real you ca then made to sell products. However, the Marketplace functionality might be unlocked successfully.
Also, visit the Fb Marketplace website directly in a web browser. It is a good backup option when the link refuses to display up on the main Facebook website and within the apps.
I Can’t Find It
While there are lots of separate apps for Facebook Local and Facebook Messenger. Fb Marketplace completely operates within the main Facebook site or app. After installing apps on a new mobile or tablet. You just access Fb Marketplace is the main Facebook app.
Here’s all about “Facebook Marketplace”. Is this article helpful? If you want to share any other method or tips regarding the article then let us know below. For further queries and questions let us know in the comment section below!
Till then! Stay Happy 🥰