Playing games on your Windows 10 PC with Xbox Live is now easier than ever cause xbox game pass is available now for PC. The Xbox Game Pass for PC is in beta as Microsoft is working on refining the program on Windows 10 as well. In an effort to get more folks to try out Xbox Game Pass for PC. Microsoft is actually offering the app for just $1 for the first month. If you already prepaid for Xbox Live Gold, then it may make more sense to upgrade to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Get Xbox Game Pass on PC – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
Such as, on October 18, 2018, I prepaid for Xbox Live Gold for one year. When I upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, then I actually do not have to make a new payment for Ultimate until October 18, 2019, actually. It is a no-brainer for me because I play Xbox games on Xbox One and Windows 10. So I get the best of both worlds along with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
Metro Exodus, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, ARK: Survival Evolved, and also Imperator: Rome are just a few of the featured games that you can play on Xbox Game Pass for PC right now. Microsoft is actually working on adding more games soon. However, until then, there are plenty of games to keep you busy. To be honest, I am more excited to have Xbox Game Pass on PC so I can play Metro Exodus without having to buy the game outright. If you guys decide to buy, Xbox Game Pass members get more than 20% off games and more than 10% off DLC and add-ons as well.
How to Get the Game Pass on PC
As you may have already heard, you guys need the latest Windows 10 version on your PC and the Xbox (beta) app installed to use Xbox Game Pass for PC. Whenever you guys visit the Xbox Game Pass for the PC website, then it can be really confusing because you are prompted to “Download the App”. The app that Xbox is basically referring to is the Xbox (beta) app, that is available through the Microsoft Store. If you already have the app installed, then you have one of the steps done already.
Have a look at the steps you need to follow to use the Xbox Game Pass for PC on Windows 10.
- First, download the Xbox (beta) app installer or download the app from the Microsoft Store.
- Then open the Xbox (beta) app on Windows 10.
- Now you have to sign up for the Xbox Game Pass for PC.
- Download a game in order to play from the Xbox Game Pass for the PC game library.
Since the Xbox Game Pass for PC is still in beta, after the first month, the subscription price will be $4.99 a month actually. When the program leaves beta, then the Xbox Game Pass for PC will cost $9.99 a month.
How can you Play Xbox Game Pass Games On PC
- In order to begin, you must first download the Xbox beta app. You can do this through visiting the official Xbox website.
- When you’re there, then you have to click the download the app button. Now run the downloaded file.
- Tap on I have read and accept the Microsoft Software License Terms and then click Install. The installation process basically should take just a few minutes. When the app has installed, then tap on Let’s Go.
- After that, tap on Take Me To The Games – you will then see a brand new user interface that is exclusively used for Xbox Game Pass games.
- Before you start, check the top right corner. You should see the account that you have signed into here. If you guys are on the wrong account, then click here and click sign out – after, you’ll have an option to sign in to the right account as well. Mostly this will happen because Xbox will automatically assign you an Xbox account that links to your normal Microsoft account. That may be different from the one you guys have been using on the Xbox.
- If you have not signed up to Xbox Game Pass yet, then you should also see a promotional image in the banner carousel at the top of the app actually. You can also click that to sign up.
- After that, you have to tap on any Xbox Game Pass game in the UI or search for particular games and then click the tile for each game in order to play them. Note that you will need to download each and every game before you play them. You’ll find information such as game file size and category when you click the game tile.
If you’d prefer to buy games rather than signing up for the Xbox Game Pass subscription simply click the Store button at the top of the Xbox Game Pass PC app. There you will see all of the games available for purchase.
How can you Cancel My Xbox Game Pass Subscription?
If you decide that you don’t want to use the Xbox Game Pass subscription anymore. Then you guys can cancel it quickly with the steps provided below. Keep in mind that any previously installed Xbox Game Pass games will not work until you subscribe again.
- You have to visit account.microsoft.com and click Sign In at the top right.
- On the next page, tap on Manage under Xbox Game Pass in the Subscriptions tile.
- Next, tap Cancel. You guys will now have the option to cancel.
When you cancel, then you will have two options to choose from. You guys can either
- Cancel but keep the Game Pass for the remainder of your active subscription.
- Cancel and get a partial refund based on the remaining time of your subscription.
When you have canceled, you must resubscribe to get the advantages of the Xbox Game Pass again. If you have purchased any games directly from the store, then you will still have access to those as well.
Available Games On Xbox Game Pass PC?
The list of Xbox Game Pass games is always growing, however, right now it boasts over 100 titles from a range of reputable video game developers and also publishers as well.
We also have a small list of some of the best titles below, but you can press the link to see even more games.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
- Dead By Daylight
- The Outer Worlds
- Dishonored 2
- Gears 5 Ultimate Edition
- Blair Witch
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- Dead Rising 4
- Metro Exodus
- More than 100 More Games
Xbox Game Pass PC will also be the home of all the upcoming first-party exclusives, like the highly anticipated Halo Infinite.
How can you fix Xbox Game Pass for PC errors
The majority of games that we tested on Xbox Game Pass for PC work smoothly. However, some of the big hitters that folks will no doubt be signing up for. Such as Metro Exodus, Wolfenstein 2, and Vampyr – have proven troublesome to play actually.
Some users have reported issues such as failed installations, games failing to sign in to Microsoft accounts upon opening, and general performance issues and crashes as well.
One particularly nasty problem that we encountered was Metro Exodus failing to install. However, still hogging 54GB of space on our hard drive along with no normal way to delete it.
If you also run into any of these problems, then you should try the following fixes:
- Sign out and then sign back into your account in the Xbox Beta app
- Reinstall the Xbox Beta app as well
- Then install the game on the same hard drive as the OS (this fixed Metro Exodus for us)
- Now update your GPU drivers
It’s also worth noting that the strict file protections on Xbox Game Pass games mean that you are not able to mod your games at this point actually.
This could also be related to the general backend shoddiness of the Xbox app at the moment. Along with its myriad issues whenever it comes to install and uninstall games, but if you are looking to play mod-friendly games. Such as Slay the Spire, then you are better off getting the game elsewhere.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!