Do you want to download and install Moto X Android 5.1 OTA update? You can easily download and install the OTA update manually on your Moto X 1st Gen if waiting for Motorola to push the same updates that are not exactly to your liking.
Remember that you are on stock recovery for this, as custom recovery can break the OTA installation. The Moto X Android 5.1 update process is very easy and simple, and you can also do it by following the article given below.
Well, the Moto X Android 5.1 OTA is from a UK Moto X. It means that you can flash it on a variety of Moto X versions, but excluding the models at Sprint, Verizon, Verizon, etc. You remember that you must be on 212.44.26 firmware.
Steps To Install Moto X Android 5.1 OTA update
- Moto X Android 5.1 OTA update | File: Blur_Version.212.44.26.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB.zip (669.18 MB)
- Motorola Moto X, 1st Generation, 2013 edition, version no. XT1052
- Don’t try this on other models or Moto X sets at Sprint, Verizon, etc. whose variant no. is not XT1052!
- Don’t try on any other device whatsoever!
Tip: Check version no. in Settings > About phone. Or, you could also find version no. on your device packaging box.
Warning: Your phone warranty may be void if you follow the steps given on this page. You only are responsible for your mobile damage.
Backup necessary stuff. In case if your mobile is wiped off while following the article below, it’s good to take a proper backup of photos, contacts, videos, and other files already saved on the computer.
- Download or install the official 1st Generation Moto X Android 5.1 OTA update from above.
- Connect or plug your Moto X into the computer using a USB cable.
- Now move the OTA update to the mobile storage. Remember the location of it.
- Reboot your mobile Moto X to recovery mode. For this:
- Unplug your phone from your PC, and then Switch it off.
- Hit and hold both volume buttons with the power button until you view anything on your mobile screen. This is bootloader mode.
Further | Steps:
- Now, only use the only volume down to simply move the selection to Recovery and then use volume up to choose it and reboot into recovery mode.
- Wait a while. You’ll then view a dead Android with an exclamation mark. Simply hit and hold both volume buttons for a few seconds and while holding them, hit the power button once. You will then view stock recovery and its options. You must view 3e recovery written at the top.
- In stock recovery, select ‘install update from sdcard’.
- Now, choose the OTA update file using volume buttons for navigation and then the power button to choose a file or input a folder. When you choose the file, confirm its install and the update will start downloading on your device.
- Once done, you will be redirected to the main screen of recovery. Choose ‘reboot system now’ to restart your mobile and welcome the official Android 5.1 update from Motorola.
That’s all about it.
Here’s all about the ”Moto X Android 5.1 OTA Update” . So all you need to do is to try out the installation steps and let us know your thoughts below!