Pokemon Go players basically have the option to join teams. Unless you join a team, you won’t be able to join a gym and train your Pokemon actually. If collecting them is all you need to do, then you can sit teams out however, you are missing out on more than half the fun of the game actually. If you’ve just started playing Pokemon Go, then you can see on your profile that the ‘Team’ section is empty and clicking it appears to do nothing. There are no options to select a team and no directions at that either actually. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Join a Team in Pokemon Go – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
how to join a team in pokemon go
- Level Up, In order to join a team, it is really important that you reach level 5 first. However, the players that are below level 5 cannot join teams.
- Then find a gym. It does not matter which team has control of a gym and it does not matter if you have a Pokemon ready to train or fight as well. Joining a team needs none of that. Find a gym and then get near enough to it so that it opens up. When it does, Professor Willow will then introduce you to his three assistants, each of which leads their own teams actually. The teams all value certain qualities however, at the end of the day, no team has a benefit over the other. When you choose a team, you cannot change it (yet) actually.
- Press the team it is you want to join and then you are in.
How can you Change your Teams in Pokemon Go? | how to join a team in pokemon go
- First, open Pokémon GO on your phone.
- Press the Pokéball in the center of the screen in order to open your menu.
- Then tap the Shop icon to open up the shop as well.
- Scroll down to the Team Change section in the shop and then press the Team Medallion.
- Click exchange in order to exchange the 1000 coins needed to buy the Team Medallion. You may also need to purchase coins, which you can also do with an in-app purchase if you do not have enough. An iTunes gift card can help you with that.
- Navigate to your Items menu in order to find the Team Medallion you just purchased.
- Then click on the Team Medallion in your items list. You will also get a warning saying you can only do this once every 365 days.
- Click OK if you are certain you want to change your team actually.
- You will now see all three team leaders on the screen as well. Click on the team leader whose team that you want to be on. Make sure you do not select the team you are already on!
- You will see another 365-day warning, click on OK in order to finish your team change.
Why do you want to change teams?
The team you select in Pokémon GO is necessary if you want to battle in Gyms. To successfully hold Gyms in Pokémon GO you guys need to have multiple folks on the same team. In order to supply Pokémon and to help keep them boosted throughout the day as well. If possible, everyone in your family should be the same team in order to maximize the chances of holding Gyms easily actually.
When we first started playing Pokémon GO there were no other players in my area actually. So my family of three picked three different teams in order to control all of the Gyms nearby as well. When the game became more popular and famous, however, that decision became an annoyance. My family could not play together, we were always opposing each other as well.
When Do Teams Matter for us? | how to join a team in pokemon go
Teams basically matter when you want to join a gym. A gym that is controlled by team Mystic can’t be joined by a player that belongs to team Valor actually. If you guys want to join a gym, however, none are available along with an open slot and controlled by the same team that you are on. You will then have to battle for turf and then kick the other team out. Gym ownership is actually the only place where teams matter but as gyms are where you train your Pokemon, the teams can thus be really important.
If you guys are looking to join a gym right away and do not care much for the team you pick, then look at what color a gym is as well. If it is Yellow, then it belongs to Instinct, if it’s blue, then it belongs to Mystic, and the red one belongs to Valor. Join the same team as the gym and you will be able to join it if there is a slot open as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “how to join a team in pokemon go” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: Best Alternative for Made in Canada Kodi Addon