Amazon developed Alexa, the virtual assistant. One of the best of Alexa’s abilities is routines. Read on and find out how to set up routines with Alexa. There are many different useful ones you can set up, and we’ll suggest some of the most popular options. Well, In this article, we are going to talk about How To Setup Routines With Alexa – Smart Home. Let’s begin!
If you have an Amazon home ecosystem, Alexa is your best friend. You can use it to command your Echo, Fire TV, Ring Cam, and many other smart devices.
Easy Setup | Setup Routines With Alexa
All you need to do is just set up a routine is a compatible device running the Alexa app. Here are App Store, Play Store, and official Amazon Alexa download links. Make sure to update the app to the latest version, as well as the firmware on your device.
When you are ready, begin the Alexa routines setup:
- Launch the Alexa app.
- Tap the hamburger menu, and choose Routines.
- Then tap on the Add (+) option.
- Tap When This Happens and pick a trigger event for your routine. You can choose time triggers, phrases, sensory triggers, etc.
- Then, press Add Action and pick one for your routine. There is a wide selection of actions, such as getting the news, date, weather reports, starting timers, playlists, etc.
- Pick the time of the routine and choose the days when it should be activated. Note that these settings vary on your previous selection.
- Tap on From and pick a device that you want to use for your routine.
- Finally, select Create.
Advanced Options | Setup Routines With Alexa
The more you use routines, the more you will enjoy them. There are tons of available options, and you can even chain routine actions together.
Follow the instructions to set up scheduled routines, which are probably the most useful:
- Start the Alexa app and go to Routines once more.
- Select the Add option, and press When This Happens.
- This time, select Schedule, followed by At Time.
- Enter the exact hour and minute for the scheduled routine and confirm.
- Optionally, you can select Repeat and choose the days when the routine should occur.
- Confirm the changes with Done.
- Press Add Action and select your action. For example, you can choose Music.
- Then select a song you want to add to your routine.
- Choose where the song is played.
- Press Next and Save.
You can use the scheduled music routine to set up an alarm clock and wake up to your favorite song every day of the week. Your options are nearly limitless, and this was just a small example.
Additional Routine Ideas | Setup Routines With Alexa
Remember that the device you use for your routines must already be in sync with your Alexa app and Amazon account. Make sure to set up the devices properly before you make any routines. Here are some other routine ideas you can implement with Alexa.
You can set up the whole playlists for your drive to work, for instance. Alexa can give you a full traffic report while you are commuting, which can be a life-saver.
Most importantly, you can also control your home with Alexa routines. You can turn your smart lights on and off, enable your Ring Doorbell, set the temperature, and much more.
Alexa can play lullabies for your kids or podcasts for you to fall asleep faster. You can also set up a routine to mute all sounds during the night.
You can trigger all of these actions by calling Alexa and giving her the actual command. Routines work better when you say what you are doing (e.g., Alexa, I’m home or Alexa, I just woke up).
Smart Home | Setup Routines With Alexa
Alexa can turn your smart home into a brilliant home. Once you get used to routines, you will keep finding new uses for this feature. Alarms, reminders, weather and traffic reports, and music playlists, are just some of the routines at your disposal.
Alright, That was All Folks! I hope you guys like this Setup Routines With Alexa article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!