Chrome Remote Desktop is a Chrome Browser Client to Remotely Access the Computer from any other PC or Android Device. It is a very powerful productivity tool to access any computer on any other computer device. If you are looking to remote access your Windows, Mac or Linux Computer, Than this guide will give you complete information about Chrome Remote Access. Chrome Remote Desktop is fully cross-platform. That provides remote assistance to Windows, Mac, and Linux users, or access your Windows and Mac desktops at any time. All from the Chrome browser on virtually any device, That also includes Chromebooks.
Set Up Chrome Remote Desktop on PC?
- You have to download the Chrome Remote Desktop (CRD) Chrome Extension on both the PCs. The one that you want to control and the other one on which the Controls are to be monitored.
- Click on Add to Chrome to install CRD on Chrome Browser of both PCs.
- Now click on the CRD Icon on the extension bar to Open Remote Access site on both PCs.
- Here Download Remote Access file for both the PCs respectively and then Turn ON Remote Access.
For Mac, you just have to install the package on your macOS. Make sure you have completed the Installation Successfully.
To allow Chrome Remote Desktop to the computer, just click “Turn on”.
Now you need to give accessibility access. Click on the Lock icon, enter the screen lock password and then Grant the Computer Control to the CRD Application.
Similarly, For Windows PC, you can install the Remote Access File. to Use Chrome Remote Desktop
Once the installation is complete “Turn On” the Remote Access the chrome desktop on Windows and give any permissions if Asked.
- After you Turn On the Remote Access on the PC you want to control, Choose any Name you wish for.
- Step Up a PIN.
- Your Computer PC will go online and is also ready to Use Chrome Remote on any Desktop on any other PC.
- Click on Remote Support Tab, generate a one-off access code, to let someone else access the computer.
- Now open another computer PC on which you want to gain remote access. And then click on Remote Support Tab to enter the one-off access code generated to connect and also access a PC remotely.
- A new session will start and you can remotely access any Windows, Mac, Linux or Chromebook PC. On any Other Windows, Mac, Linux or Chromebook irrespective of the platform.
Remote Access PC on a Smartphone
- Download Chrome Remote Desktop (CRD) Application on Android or iOS devices as per your need.
- Now Install CRD on your computer PC and also Turn ON the Remote Access to get your PC online. (Follow Steps #1 to #7 from above)
- Open CRD Application on your mobile. Then log in with the same Google Account you used for PC.
- The Application will show, Active Computer for access.
- Tap on the Active Session. Then enter the PIN, you created to Turn ON the Remote Access on the PC. (Step #6 from above). That is how you use Chrome Remote Desktop
- Viola! You can now remotely access the PC on your Android or iOS device. You also get a touch mouse and keyboard option on the screen to perform all the tasks.
Here is the Gif that shows Macbook Control on Android Phone – Tested on Oneplus 6T.
Alright, That’s All Folks! I hope you like this Use Chrome Remote Desktop article and find it helpful. Give us your feedback about it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know win the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!