Discord’s rise actually has coincided along with a remarkable shift in the gaming industry. Well, more and more individuals now look towards gaming as a full-time career actually. This means that these gamers increasingly depend on offering something unique and fun to their viewers. So, in order to keep them interested in their content. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Use Clownfish Voice Changer For Discord and Fortnite. Let’s begin!
The Clownfish voice changer has actually gained a lot of popularity, owing to the number of gamers via this voice changing app. A layman that is just getting into Discord and streaming their gaming sessions as well. Also, in general, may google, “how to use Clownfish voice changer on Discord” actually.
Well, in simple words, Clownfish is basically a voice changer app. Although it is primarily used as a 3rd party application on Discord basically, it can also be used on other apps as well. So, here’s a complete guide on how you can properly install and set up Clownfish voice changer on your system in addition to the basic system requirements as well.
How to Use Clownfish Voice Changer For Discord and Fortnite
Well, there are many good voice changer solutions on Windows. Voicemod is actually one that comes immediately to our minds as well. There are a lot of other premium solutions, too, such as AV Voice Changer. However, the license cost might be a deterrent as well. We eventually settled on using Clownfish for this guide due to many reasons.
So, for starters, however, Voicemod is technically free to use. The free version basically comes along with quite a few restrictions. You get access to six random voices that actually change daily. If you guys have a consistent voice that you associate along with a particular online persona. Then this makes Voicemod’s free version useless. Another big drawback along with Voicemod is that it does not really have system-wide integration. Whenever you guys install Voicemod, it then creates a virtual input device. That you then have to manually choose in the apps you are using it for. However, Voicemod themselves claim compatibility along with lots of programs leveraging the mic. From Skype to Discord to Fortnite, software input devices do not always play nice with each and every program.
Clownfish, in contrast, provides you system-wide voice changing. After installation and setup, all audio input is routed via Clownfish before being passed to your programs. Windows don’t see it as a separate device, which makes things considerably easier in order to set up. Because it’s global, you just have to set up Clownfish once and it will work with all of your software. However, Clownfish has a more limited library of voice options compared to Voicemod. It’s a completely free tool so there are not any freemium restrictions like you guys have in Voicemod.
AV Voice Changer is a really solid tool and it actually provides you more comprehensive control over voice modulation than either Clownfish or Voicemod. But priced at $99.99, it’s aimed squarely at professionals. Not for gamers who basically want to change their voice sounds on chat actually.
Before we begin
There are some of the things that you guys need to have on hand before configuring Clownfish for Discord, Skype, or games such as Fortnite. On the plus side, because Clownfish works at a system-level. You only have to install it and set it up once to have it work with all apps that basically use your microphone. Here’s everything you guys will need:
- A PC along with a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows installation, running Windows Vista or newer
- Either a USB or 3.5mm microphone that is connected to your PC
- A copy of Clownfish that you guys can download from the link we’ve given below
- You will have to download and install the Clownfish program. And you guys can get Clownfish here for Windows. You have to get the 64-bit version if you are on 64-bit Windows. Otherwise, get the 32-bit version actually. Then follow standard installation procedures.
In order to find out if you are using a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 10. Open the Settings app through pressing the Windows button and search for ‘Settings’ and hit enter. Then just head to System > About. Now on the right side, just look for the “System type” entry. It will then show you a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
- When you install the Clownfish, then just run the application and it will then appear in your system tray. Let’s see how you can set up Clownfish in order to change your voice in Fortnite, Skype, Discord, and many other apps
- Right-tap on the Clownfish system tray icon, and then tap on the Setup option.
From here, you want to tap on install next to your mic listing actually. Well, it should show up as “Microphone.” Choosing install will now configure Clownfish in order to work along with your mic.
- If you guys have multiple audio devices show up, then you should first configure your active mic. In order to do this, just perform the following steps before tapping install above.
- Now type “control panel” in start search and then tap on it
- Tap on “Hardware and Sound”
- Then click on “Sound”
- Tap on the Recording tab as well
- Right-tap on your mic and tap “set as the default device.” If it is already the default device, then it will say so below. And if it says “default communication device,” you still have to right-click set it as the default device as well.
- Now, you guys are ready to install Clownfish.
When you have configured Clownfish mic. Then just right-click on the Clownfish system tray icon again. Now tap on “hear microphone.” This will basically let you hear what the voice changer does.
- Right-tap on the system tray icon, and then click on “Set voice changer.” Well, this may have a blue tick next to it, however, this just a design flaw.
Tap on it and it will then present you with Clownfish’s voice changer menu. You can also choose any of the effects to turn them on. If you guys want mix effects, then tap on the Clownfish icon shown, and then the right arrow next to it. You can choose effects to mix. You guys can also use the interface to tweak your presets, in terms of pitch and microphone sensitivity.
- Well, that’s all there is to it. Because Clownfish installs itself as a system-wide tool, all the apps using your microphone will rely on Clownfish input. In apps such as Discord, you guys don’t need to do anything special. If you guys check input devices, then your Clownfish-enabled mic will just show up as “default” as seen below as well.
If you guys want to turn it off Clownfish, then simply right tap on the tray icon and then tap “Turn off.”
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How Do I Troubleshoot VPN Error 720 – Tutorial