Houseparty lets up to 8 people video chat at once, with each person’s video feed appearing on the screen at the same time. Once you’ve installed House Party from the Mac App Store, you can create an account and start chatting with your friends right away. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Use the House Party on MacOS – Steps. Let’s begin this article!
However, it may be more convenient to use the House Party with your Mac. That way, you can sit on your sofa or in your room and relax. In this article, we will show you how best to use the application on your Mac.
Install the House Party on MacOS
- Open the App Store. It’s the blue-and-white “A” icon on your Dock. If you do not see it, you will find App Store in your Applications folder
- Type House Party into the Search bar and press return. It is at the top-left corner of the App Store.
- Click Houseparty in the search results. It is the option with a round red icon containing a yellow hand. The developer is “Life on Air, Inc.”
- Click the Get button. A window will expand.
- Then click Install App.
- Enter your password and click Buy. This installs the House party on your Mac.
- Open Houseparty. You will find it in the Applications folder. Or, if you are still in the App Store, you can click Open to launch House Party on MacOS.
- Sign in or create an account. If you have already created an account on your phone or tablet, click I Already Have an Account. Then enter your account information to sign in. If not, then click Sign up and follow the on-screen instructions to create an account.
- If you are signing up for a new account, you will be prompted to enter your phone number so you can receive a confirmation text. Follow the on-screen instructions once you receive the text to complete the sign-up process.
- Import your contacts (optional). You cannot use Houseparty without friends! The first time you sign in, you will be prompted to give the app access to your contacts. This is helpful if you want to quickly add friends of yours who use Houseparty. If you do not want to do this. You can add friends later as long as you know their usernames.
Add Friends in House Party on MacOS
There is no point in using House Party without your friends. The app is developed to bring you closer to your loved ones, wherever they are.
When you sign in, the app will ask you whether you want to import your contacts. You do not have to do this, but it is the fastest way to connect with your friends. Of course, you can always find your friends manually, if you know their usernames.
At the top of the screen, you will see the Search bar. Type your friend’s name there, and when you find them, click on Add. You will now have to wait until your friend accepts your request, and then you can start a call.
If you do not know your friend’s username, do not worry. There is another way to add them. Select the green “Copy profile link” sign, and then send your profile link to your friend. You can do that using e-mail or any messaging app that you usually use. All they have to do is open the link and then add you as a friend.
Start or Join a Call in House Party on MacOS
If you want to start a call, click on the Plus sign at the top right corner of your home screen. Select up to seven friends from your list and then click Invite to Room. The room is a virtual space where your conversation takes place. You can now talk, chat, or play games together.
On the other hand, if you want to join an existing video call, go to your Contacts list and find a friend who’s hosting or participating in that call. Click the Join button next to their name.
Bear in mind that once when you join the call, your friends will immediately be able to see you. Of course, during the call, you can turn your video and microphone on or off whenever you want. The app is straightforward, and you will immediately see the icons you have to click.
Games we can Play in House Party on MacOS
Many people download House Party for the fun games. There is a variety of free options that you can play with your friends. The most popular and famous games are Trivia, Heads Up, Quick Draw, and Chips and Guac.
Anyone can start the game during a call. All you have to do is click on the small dice in the top right corner of the screen. You will then get to choose the game you want, and other participants can join. The House Party games guarantee hours of fun, especially if you are playing with a large group of friends.
Moreover, it’s easier to play games on your Mac, as the bigger screen allows you to have better control of commands. If you get bored with these games, you can upgrade the app and purchase even more from the App Store.
Additional options in House Party on MacOS
When you are in an open call, anyone from your Contact list can join. If you want to make the call private, you can do so by clicking the small Padlock at the bottom of the screen.
That way, you will lock your room, so now people can’t join. Anyone can lock or unlock the room during the call. But you will always see the sign and know whether the call is private or public.
If you want to exit the call, you can do so by clicking on the X sign in the bottom left corner of the screen. If you were the one who created the call, you might feel like a party pooper now. Do not worry, as other participants will be able to continue the video call, even after you leave.
Party! | House Party on MacOS
With House Party, you can finally stay in touch with your friends even if they are miles away. It not only guarantees high-quality calls, but there are also several things you can do together.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this House Party on the macOS article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!