Do you guys ever face the problem of music not working on Instagram? Instagram is actually one of the first social media platforms solely devoted to pictures and videos. Being carried on a different idea, it also gained popularity instantly as well as achieved a billion users mark in just a span of five to six years. In this article, we are going to talk about How To Fix Instagram Music Not Working. Let’s begin!
Just a few years ago, Instagram also introduced the feature in order to add music to Instagram stories. This feature permits the users to use 15 seconds of their favorite music piece on their Instagram stories as well. This idea also became an instant success, and new almost everyone actually uses the music feature on their Instagram story.
Now, you guys too are trying to add your special music piece to your Instagram story, however, it does not work. What will you actually do? Back off and post that simple story without even any music touch? Well, no! In this article, we will also tell you how you can fix the problem of Instagram music, not working. We won’t really let you miss this cool Instagram feature.
How To Fix Instagram Music Not Working
First, let us see how you guys can add music to your Instagram Story –
- First of all, just open Instagram and tap on your profile picture available on the top-left of your screen.
- Now add the media (pictures/Video) that you guys want to add to your Instagram story.
- Click on the stickers option that is available on top of the screen.
- Now tap on the Music sticker and then choose a song of your choice.
- Whenever done, post the story along with a great music effect and enjoy!
However, oh! You guys can’t add music to your Instagram story. Let us now just fix ‘No Sound’ or ‘Music Not Playing’ on Instagram –
Make sure the Instagram app is up to date
If you guys haven’t updated your Instagram app in a while, then it’s possible that the version you have installed doesn’t yet support music. Or it also has a bug avoiding Instagram Music from working properly.
It’s a really good idea to leave automatic updates turned on so your apps update automatically. However, it’s also possible to force an app such as Instagram in order to update manually. Here’s how you can update the Instagram app manually on Android, and if you guys have an iPhone, the process is just the same:
- Just start the App Store or Play Store app.
- Click on the Search icon at the bottom right and then search for “Instagram.”
- If the app actually has an update available, the button will also say Update — click on it. Otherwise, it’ll say Open, and that basically indicates you are already up to date.
Try Re-Logging in the Application
This fix might also help you guys to get rid of the Instagram Music not working problem. You have to follow the steps given below –
- First of all, head to the Profile section via tapping on the profile button.
- Now click on the Three horizontal lines available on the top right of the screen. Now just tap on Settings.
- Then click on the Log Out option.
Whenever you have logged out of the account, just log in again using the same ID and Password and then see if your problem is solved. If you guys still can’t use music on your Instagram, then try the next fix.
Switch back to your personal account| Instagram Music Not Working
Some users have also reported that they lost access to music whenever upgrading to an Instagram Business account. If you guys are logged into a Professional account, then it’s easy to switch back to your Personal account. In order to see if that resolves your problem. Don’t just worry about losing access to your professional account — you guys can switch back and forth as often as you like too.
- Head to your profile page in the bottom-right corner.
- Click on the three-line menu at the top right and then, in the pop-up menu, just click on Settings.
- Click on Account.
- Now scroll to the bottom and then select to Switch to Personal Account.
It might actually take some time for the music feature to work again in your personal account.
When you have switched back to your personal account, then check if your problem of Instagram Music not working is solved actually. If the problem is not solved via switching to a personal account, just switch to a creator account. It is really likely that the music feature will also come back when you make your account a creator account as well.
You can also do so by following the exact same steps as we have also mentioned above in this section. The only difference will also be – to choose the Switch to creator account option rather than a Personal account.
You have to uninstall and then reinstall the Instagram app on your device. You guys can do so through the Play store. Head to the Instagram page and click on the uninstall button. When it has been uninstalled, then you will see the Install button on actually the same page. Click and reinstall the Instagram application on your phone. When installed then Open the Application by clicking on Open Button as well.
Just log in to your account again with using your credentials. By this time, you should be able to fix the Instagram Music Not Working issue as well.
If you guys are getting this error whenever trying to add music to your Instagram story. Then there must be any one of the two below-mentioned reasons behind this actually–
- The song that you choose is not available in your country, as well as
- The song you select must have been removed from Instagram via the artist.
However, there is a quick walk around in order to get par this issue of ‘Song is currently unavailable. You can also convert the song that you guys want to add to a video file. And you guys can later share it as an Instagram story as well. There are a lot of applications that actually let you convert audio files to video and vice versa. You guys can also use such applications to add your desired music to a picture, which you can just upload as a story on Instagram too. Such applications also give the feature in order to share videos/pictures on social media platforms directly.
Use VPN to Access Music feature on Instagram
If you guys can’t access the music feature after trying all the fixes mentioned above, then try to use a VPN on your device. Using a VPN will surely help you to get rid of the ‘Instagram music not working’ problem as well. Well, a VPN actually swaps your real IP address from a fake one. Here you guys can also set up an IP address in a country where the Instagram music feature is available actually.
Contact Instagram | Instagram Music Not Working
So, if none of the above-mentioned methods works for you, then try contacting the customer support of Instagram. But, this fix is not sure to work as well. However, still, you can try contacting Instagram support a few times. Customer support may also look after your concern and help you out.
Here is how you guys can contact Instagram in order to fix Music not working on the Instagram problem actually
- First of all, just head to the profile section of Instagram. Now, click on the three dots and choose Settings.
- Click on Help from the given options actually.
- Now just choose the Report a problem option.
- Then follow the instructions you guys see on screen and input your issue in the Write to the Instagram section and then tap on Submit.
You guys can also write a mail to [email protected] regarding the ‘Instagram Music not working’ issue as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!