If it’s French video content that you’re after, then just consider making use of Kodi and its myriad ecosystem of add-ons. In this article, we are going to talk aboutBest Kodi French TV Add-ons that Work Good. It’s easy, and you don’t even have to live in France in order to make it work. We show you how below., let’s begin!
Kodi’s open-source environment actually makes it really easy for fans in order to create add-ons for all manner of purposes. Some focus on blockbuster movie content, many others old films or classic TV shows. A few creators make it their goal order to help others get the most out of their Kodi experience. Some of the best add-ons make it easy for anyone in France or French-speaking folks around the globe in order to watch their favorite films in their native language.
Use VPN | Kodi French TV
The core Kodi software is absolutely free to use and completely legal. Since it comes with built-in support for third-party extensions, but, it’s possible you can run into some less than reputable code. Some add-ons also even access pirated sources without even your knowledge. That has gotten the attention of governments and rights holders in recent years. Most of the ISPs have resorted to monitoring Kodi streamers in order to send out copyright infringement notices or throttle their download speeds.
There are many VPNs you can choose from, however, we made our selection based on the following criteria. Making sure that you have the fastest and safest VPN for all of your movie watching needs: fast downloads, zero-logging policy, no bandwidth restrictions, and unmonitored traffic as well.
NordVPN | Kodi French TV
NordVPN greatly expands upon Kodi’s ability in order to access streamable content from abroad. Normally, you’re restricted to viewing content available in your country, however, NordVPN’s massive server network (numbering up to 5,800 servers) blows the lid off this restriction. With nearly 200 servers located in France, then you’ll have no problem digitally relocating. In order to bypass geoblocks and satisfy your inner Francophile along with hours of quality video.
What’s more, NordVPN’s powerful 256-bit AES encryption also makes it impossible for your ISP to stop you. It’s well known that ISPs also take a dim view of Kodi, and will also attempt to throttle it as it appears. However, your VPN completely hides your IP address and your traffic, importantly making you invisible to censorship and unfair restrictions. Their proprietary NordLynx protocol is not only secure. However, blazing-fast, so you never have to wait around for that obnoxious buffering wheel to stop spinning actually.
Rounding out NordVPN’s outstanding feature set is the most important of all. A strict no-logging policy that wipes, instead of retains, any usage metadata that could be used to identify you.
How can you install Kodi Add-ons?
Kodi’s add-ons community packages most of their content in repositories as well. These zip files are hosted on external servers and can also contain dozens or even hundreds of extensions. All verified and kept up to date via the repo’s management team. There are many ways to install repositories, however, we prefer the “external sources” method, because it’s easier to use on mobile devices and keeps things tidier in the long run. Before you guys begin, you’ll have to change one of Kodi’s default settings to permit this method to work:
- Open Kodi and click on the gear icon in order to enter the System menu.
- Head to System Settings > Add-ons
- Now toggle the slider next to the “Unknown sources” option.
- Accept the warning message that pops up as well.
Now that Kodi is configured, all you have to do is find a repository URL and enter it into the file manager as a new source. Kodi will automatically download the repo, which permits you to peek inside and install as many add-ons as you like. The process takes a few minutes the first time around, however, after a couple of repos you’ll be adding them in your sleep.
Note: There are both official and unofficial add-ons available for Kodi actually. The latter may link to unsecure sites or also even source pirate content without your knowledge. We does not condone or encourage any violation of copyright restrictions as well. Please consider the law, victims, and risks of piracy before accessing copyrighted material without even permission.
Best Kodi french TV Add-ons – Official Content
The Kodi software environment is used and customized via video streamers around the globe. Many of them create and maintain official add-ons that are fully endorsed via the Kodi team, making them fast, free, and absolutely safe to use. Most of these are even packaged in Kodi’s official add-on repository, which is included as a source with each and every new installation.
All of the official add-ons listed below can also be found in the official Kodi repo. Whenever installing new content, then refer back to the following steps in order to access the repository, then grab your add-ons with just a few more taps.
How can you Install Official Kodi Add-ons:
- You have to open Kodi on your local device and head to the main menu.
- Choose “Add-ons”
- Tap on the open box icon at the top of the menu bar.
- Select “Install from repository”
- Find and tap on “Kodi Add-on repository”
Official Add-ons – French Languages for Kodi
There are dozens of official Kodi add-ons that basically translate the menu and interface to new languages. Two of these are made specifically for French, and one of which is French Canadian. With installing and activating either of these you can navigate Kodi in an immersive French environment as well. All it takes is a quick add-on installation and you’re ready to go then.
- Follow the steps listed under How you can Install Official Kodi Add-ons.
- Select the “Look and Feel” folder.
- Then choose the “Languages” folder.
- Scroll down and choose your version of the French language pack.
- Tap on the “Install” button in the lower right corner of the window that now opens.
- Whenever the installation completes Kodi will ask if you want to switch to the language. Tap on “Yes”.
Note: If you guys want to manually change your language settings, then head to the Kodi main menu. Tap on the gear icon, select “interface settings”, then set your preferences from the “regional” tab.
Official Add-on – myCANAL
The France-based broadcast channel Canal+ also has a full-featured live TV and video replay streaming service known as the canal. This official add-on pulls together all of the channel’s free content and that also makes it easy to stream from any Kodi-enabled device. Almost each and everything on myCANAL is high quality and straight from France, and most of it is brand new!
- Follow the steps listed under How to Install Official Kodi Add-ons.
- Choose the “Video add-ons” folder.
- Scroll down and select “myCANAL”
- Click on the “Install” button in the lower right corner of the window that now opens.
- Whenever the installation completes then you can access myCANAL from the main add-ons menu.
Note: Some of the content featured on myCANAL may be restricted to French IP addresses actually. If you encounter this problem, just simply use a VPN, select a server located in France, then try to load the video again.
Official Add-on – Install French TV Subtitles for Kodi
Subtitles can actually be a lifesaver for movies and TV shows that aren’t dubbed into French. Kodi makes it easy to search for and turn on subtitles for a ton of mainstream and niche videos. Also including blockbuster Hollywood releases. To enable subtitles, you’ll first have to install a subtitle viewer. We’re partial to Subscene, that is an official Kodi add-on that draws from a pool of fan-made subs actually.
How can you install Subscene.com on Kodi:
- Just follow the steps listed under How you can Install Official Kodi Add-ons.
- Select the “Subtitles” folder.
- Scroll down and then choose “Subscene.com”
- Tap on the “Install” button in the lower right corner of the window that actually opens.
After Subscene installs you’ll have to change some of Kodi’s options to turn on automatic downloading and subtitle display. Follow the steps below in order to tweak the defaults:
- Open Kodi on your local device and then head to the main menu.
- Tap on the gear icon to enter the System menu.
- Choose “Player settings”
- Tap on “Language”
- In the bottom corner of the Kodi window, just tap on the word “Basic” until it changes to “Advanced”
- On the right, just scroll down to the section marked “Download Services”
- Now change “Languages to download subtitles for” to French.
- Turn on the “Auto download first subtitle” option now.
- Change the “Default TV show service” and also “Default movie service” to “Subscene.com” as well
- Exit and head back to the main menu. If subs are available for the video you’re watching. Then Kodi will now automatically download and show them too.
Best Kodi Add-ons for France – Unofficial Content
Well, outside of the main Kodi ecosystem, now you’ll find thousands of unofficial add-ons created through fans, movie groups, and everyone in-between too. These extensions are not endorsed or checked via Kodi, which can frighten away some potential viewers. Most of them source fresh, high-quality material and can also bring access to a nearly unlimited amount of content, all along with just a few taps.
The downside is unofficial add-ons can actually be unreliable. You’ll mostly find broken links or streams that simply won’t work. This can be frustrating for a lot of users, however, if you’re willing to do a little experimenting, then you’ll find some real gems in the unofficial add-on community.
vStream – All the Best French Video Sources
vStream is actually a full-featured add-on for streaming TV shows and movies that features hundreds of famous videos dubbed into French. Catch the latest and most famous films, sort via old TV shows, watch anime, sports, and live television broadcasts, or also even listen to web-based French radio stations. There are also sections for HD TV shows and movies too! It’s a true one-stop shop for all things France-related, and best of all, most of the content sources work just like a charm.
In order to install stream you’ll have to download a dedicated repository. Just follow the steps below to grab the vStream repo and also get the add-on up and running.
- Just visit the official vStream repository page.
- Download the latest version too. The file should actually look something like this: repository.vstream-0.0.2.zip
- Open Kodi and head to the main menu.
- Choose “Add-ons“
- Tap on the open box icon at the top of the menu bar.
- Select “Install from zip file“
- Navigate and find the file you downloaded above as well.
- Whenever the installation is complete, then select “Install from repository“
- Choose “vStream Repository“
- Choose the “Video add-ons“
- Then select vStream
- Tap on the “Install” button.
- Whenever the installation completes you can access vStream from Kodi’s add-ons menu.
Is it safe and legal to Install Kodi Add-ons?
Kodi’s repository communities go to great lengths in order to verify the contents of each add-on. However, most developers aim to create extensions that are useful to everyone. There are a few who stuff malware or viruses into their releases. With going through an official repository you can minimize the risk of downloading an infected add-on.
Even though it’s mostly safe to install Kodi add-ons, taking extra precautions is never a bad idea. Always keep your anti-virus software and firewall active whenever using Kodi, and if you guys start streaming. Make sure to switch on your VPN. We also download and verify each and every add-on before featuring it on our site. If it appears in the list above, then everything worked just fine at the time of writing.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “Kodi French TV” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!