Kodi is actually one of the best ways in order to watch live sports, movies, and TV shows on your computer or smartphone as well. The software is absolutely free and open-source, and along with the wealth of unofficial add-ons, you can also gain access to even more content. One of the best Kodi add-ons, in order to stream movies, is Pulsar. This unique extension makes it possible in order to watch torrent files when they’re downloading, turning long waits into instant entertainment. It’s such a seamless experience actually, you’ll want to you’d installed the add-on years ago! In this article, we are going to talk about How to Install Kodi Pulsar Add-ons and Fix Error. Let’s begin!
Use a VPN | Kodi Pulsar
Kodi itself is both safe and legal to use actually. Some of the third-party add-ons you’ll guys also have access to might bend these rules, however. The Kodi community is under scrutiny via content rights holders and politicians, each claiming the software is only used to pirate movies and TV shows as well. Internet service providers (ISPs) have responded via throttling Kodi streams as well as sending out copyright infringement notices to users as well.
The good news is that you can protect yourself from these unwarranted threats via using a virtual private network. VPNs turn ordinary online activities into an encrypted stream of information, even all without any extra work on your part as well. ISPs can’t break encrypted data packets, which means no throttling, no spying, and also no copyright infringement notices. Along with a VPN, you can stream safely and anonymously from any device. You’ll also get access to a number of many other advantages, also including the following:
- Watch geo-restricted video streams from many other countries on services such as Netflix, HBO Go, Hulu, YouTube, BBC iPlayer, and much more
- Unblock censored and region-restricted websites, also search engines, and much more
- Keep your data safe whenever traveling abroad or while using public hotspots
- Put a stop in order to mass surveillance efforts, data thieves, and ISP trackers
Evaluating the Best VPN for Kodi
Picking the right VPN is never an easy task as well. Making sense of all the information can also be overwhelming, and the more you guys research the more complicated it gets. We’ve made the process simpler via giving a recommended VPN service below. We chose this provider based on the following criteria, making sure you’ll have the best VPN experience for all of your anonymous Kodi streams:
- Fast downloads – Speed is crucial for any movie stream, especially HD and 4K-quality videos as well. VPNs can also be slower than your average internet connection. That is why you need a company that puts a top priority on fast downloads as well.
- Zero-logging policy – Nothing destroys your online privacy faster than traffic logs. If a VPN saves information it’s possible third parties can also gain access to it, including government agencies. If no data is ever log, then your information stays safe.
- Unmonitored traffic – Many VPNs block torrent traffic and P2P networks, both of which are used via Kodi add-ons for streams. The pulsar itself won’t work even without torrent access, so if your chosen VPN blocks them, you’re out of luck.
- Strong reputation – When you use a VPN you send a ton of information via their servers. It’s impossible to tell what they do along with that data. That is why trust is an incredibly important factor in selecting the right VPN.
- No bandwidth restrictions – Kodi and Pulsar eat up a lot of data actually. If there’s a limit on how much you guys can download, you’ll reach it in no time. Always select a VPN that offers unlimited bandwidth so you don’t have to stop your streams for any reason as well.
IPVanish actually knows what Kodi users want. The VPN offers incredibly fast servers backed via strong privacy policies, excellent encryption, custom software for each and every modern device, and a huge network of servers located around the globe. With IPVanish you can log in and quickly disappear, encrypting your web browsing and video streams in order to make them private, safe, and anonymous. No more ISP throttling, and no more mass surveillance too. It’s just you and your Kodi movies, well, all thanks to IPVanish.
One of the more impressive parts of the IPVanish experience is actually the network, featuring up to 850 servers in 60 different countries. Each one is accessible along with impressive speed test scores and low latency results, and you guys can switch freely between them without limitation. Data that passes via this network is secured along with 256-bit AES encryption and protected via a zero-logging policy on all traffic. On the software side of things, you get both DNS leak protection and also an automatic kill switch. In order to ensure your true identity never slips via the cracks.
How can you install 3rd-party Kodi Add-ons? | Kodi Pulsar
Most add-ons in the Kodi ecosystem are package in repositories actually, zip files that store dozens of add-ons in just a single convenient location. Repos make it easy to discover new content as well as update existing add-ons too. You guys don’t have to go chasing files all over the internet, just keep the repository installed and you’re good to go actually. Kodi also offers a variety of ways in order to install repos. However, we prefer the “external sources” method to keep things more organized. Before you can do this, you’ll have to switch one of Kodi’s settings to permit it to manage your downloads. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be set:
- First, you have to open Kodi and tap on the gear icon to enter the System menu
- Head to System Settings > Add-ons
- Then just toggle the slider next to the “Unknown sources” option
- Accept the warning message that pops up actually
With that out of the way, you’re ready to find repos, add them to Kodi, and then start to install add-ons as you please. Pulsar is also available from a few famous repositories, however, we found it’s more reliable in order to stick with the official open-source files. The guide below walks you via the process of using this as a source.
How to Install Kodi Pulsar Add-ons and Fix Error
Pulsar is basically the original streaming torrent viewer. The add-on opened the door to watch-as-you-download movies via Kodi. That makes it possible to dig via archived sources as well as enter your own custom URL. Pulsar hasn’t been updated since 2015, unfortunately, that means it may not work for each and every Kodi user.
In order to use Pulsar you’ll have to first install the base add-on, and then install a separate extension for provider sources. It’s best in order to install Pulsar itself from the official code repository, and also not a third-party Kodi repo. Follow the steps below in order to add Pulsar to your version of Kodi.
- In your web browser, just download the latest Pulsar zip file release and then save it somewhere convenient
- Just open Kodi on your local device
- Choose “Add-ons”
- Tap on the open box icon at the top of the menu bar
- Then select “Install from Zip File”
- Now locate the Pulsar zip file: plugin.video.pulsar-#.#.#.zip
- If you guys get a warning from your firewall about pulsar.exe trying to access the internet, then click “allow”
- Whenever the installation completes, close Kodi and reopen it again
After Pulsar is installed you’ll then have to add providers, that are lists of torrent resources used to stream movies. Providers are kept separate both for ease of use and for legal reasons as well. The best way in order to access pre-made providers lists is just to download them from a repository. SuperRepo also has a great starting list that you can use. Just follow the instructions below in order to add SuperRepo and the MC Provider Manager to Kodi. If you already have SuperRepo, skip stepping 13.
Pulsar providers on Kodi
- First, open Kodi on your local device
- Tap on the gear icon in order to enter the System menu
- Head to File Manager > Add Source (you may also have to click the double-dot to move to the top of the directory)
- Then type in the following URL exactly when it appears: https://srp.nu
- Now name the new repository “.SuperRepo”
- Tap on “OK”
- Head back to the Kodi main menu
- Choose “Add-ons”
- Press the open box icon at the top of the menu bar
- Select “Install from Zip File”
- Tap on “.SuperRepo” followed by your version name of Kodi
- Choose “All” in order to install the entire SuperRepo set of add-ons
- Go back to the Add-ons menu and then tap on the open box icon again
- Then select “Install from repository”
- Find and tap on “SuperRepo All”
- Now scroll down to “Program add-ons”
- Just locate “Pulsar MC’s Provider Manager” and install
- Close Kodi and restart it as well
Advantages to Pulsar Vs Other Add-ons
Well, Pulsar has quite the following among Kodi fans, along with some claiming that it can replace each and every other add-on in the community. However, it would take a bit of work to make this a reality, Pulsar does make it easy in order to access an enormous amount of content from a single interface. Not only that, however, the way Pulsar is structured makes it resistant to takedown attempts via rights holders and lawyers. Something that has plagued many other add-on creators in recent years.
The core of Pulsar is a really simple program that does one thing: turn torrents into streams actually. If you just download Pulsar, then you won’t get access to any content. Adding providers is what actually turns the software into a true streaming machine, However, those providers are saved and installed separately. Any shutdown attempts aimed at Pulsar will have really little ground to stand on. In addition to that, Pulsar utilizes external torrent sites for content too. That has proven more reliable than resources used via many other add-ons.
There is one unfortunate fact about Pulsar that also makes it a less-than-perfect add-on. It hasn’t been updated because of 2015. The code is publicly available and also the add-on still works for a lot of users. However, any errors you guys receive during installation could mean it’s broken for good. On the bright side, Quasar is actually a fork of the Pulsar code that takes the original project and tweaks it in order to make it faster and more reliable.
How to Fix the Error in Kodi Pulsar
Most of the users encounter errors when installing Pulsar. The multi-phase installation process actually makes things confusing. And since the add-on hasn’t been updated in years, there are bound to be some issues as well. One of the most common errors in the “You must restart Kodi” message is that basically flashes repeatedly after installation. This error persists even after restarting Kodi, that indicates something is wrong along with Pulsar that needs to look into.
For most people, this restart problem is an instant fix. Just follow the steps below in order to change some of Kodi’s options that will permit Pulsar to function properly.
- Head back to the Kodi home menu
- Tap on the gear icon
- Then choose “Service Settings”
- Head to the “Control” section
- Make sure that both of the following options under “Application control” are enabled:
- Permit remote control from applications on this system
- Also, allow remote control from applications on other systems
- Close Kodi and then re-open it and the error will be resolved
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!