Good News for all the LG Volt owners. Now you guys can install the latest Lineage OS 14.1 on LG Volt based on Android 7.1 Nougat. Lineage OS is a new Open Source project that morphed after the death of CyanogenMod OS. But, the man behind LineageOS seems to be the CEO of Cyanogen.inc Steve Kondik actually. Today you guys can enjoy the unofficial build of Lineage OS 14.1 on LG Volt (CM14.1 base ROM).In this article, we are going to talk about LG Volt Custom ROM – Install Lineage OS 14.1. Let’s begin!
Keep in mind that this is a stable build of Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on LG Volt. This is a Stable build and can also be used as a daily drive. If you want to try LineageOS then just head down to the below guide or steps on How you can Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG Volt.
With the new LineageOS, you guys can enjoy the latest features which come along with Android Nougat as well as LineageOS features. This is not an official LineageOS ROM built for LG Volt, however, you can enjoy the real feature made from the LineageOS Gerrit. The ROM is Stable state and can use as a daily driver as well. Now just download the Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 for LG Volt. You need a Custom Recovery such as TWRP to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on LG Volt.
Install the Custom ROM Lineage OS 14.1 on LG Volt which is actually based on Android 7.1 Nougat. If you guys want to try this ROM, then please download and also follow the guide on How you can Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG Volt (Android 7.1 Nougat). With using TWRP Recovery, you can also install the Lineage OS 14.1 on LG Volt (Android 7.1 Nougat). Just follow the steps below.
What is LineageOS?
LineageOS is basically a continuation of what CyanogenMod was. After the death of Cyanogenmod, due in part to internal conflicts within Cyanogen Inc as well. Just don’t worry, though. A new fork of CyanogenMod called Lineage OS is also taking up the mantle, and it will keep most of what you guys loved about CyanogenMod. Lineage OS (Another open-source operating system for smartphones and tablets. That is based on the Android mobile platform) will be a continuation of what CyanogenMod was, However, Lineage OS is still information phase. The success of this project.
LineageOS is also based on the Android Open Source Project along with extra contributions from a lot of people within the Android community. It can also be used without any further need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is actually a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts as well. LineageOS does still include a lot of hardware-specific code, that is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is in Android 7.1 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while because Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we all know Google Pixel is the first smartphone through Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update. That also comes along with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talks just like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google also released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is really stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs actually.
Android 7.1 Nougat also comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu as well. Launch the camera via pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply through Notification. Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates, and also New Emoji Support.
- This will also work on LG Volt (Just don’t Try this in Any other device):
- You can charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you guys already installed on your phone. So just make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step via TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- Also, you can backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- You guys must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Now download all the Zip files from below and Place them in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps for How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG Volt (Android 7.1 Nougat)
- First of all, you have to Download the LineageOS Zip and GAPPS Zip file from the below given link.
- If you guys have downloaded the zip file to your computer, then connect your device to the computer via USB cable.
- Now just move the downloaded LineageOS and Gapps zip to the root of the internal memory of your smartphone as well.
- After you guys transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery via tapping the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can also use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before you install the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data via Clicking the Wipe button and choose Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Now just swipe to WIPE
- Then tap the Install button in order to install the LineageOS zip file.
- Now Browse via the files of Internal memory where you guys have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory as well)
- Choose the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot as well.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one in order to install Gapps.
- That’s just it! Now reboot your phone. You guys have Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG Volt (Android 7.1 Nougat) Successfully.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “LG Volt Custom ROM” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!