In this tutorial, we will share the steps in order to fix the Gmod LUA PANIC Not enough memory error. Garry’s Mod or popularly that is known as Gmod belongs to the sandbox game category as well. The base game mod does not really have any objectives as such, permitting you to freely roam and carry out the task you want. In this article, we are going to talk about Lua Panic not Enough Memory – How to Fix. Let’s begin!
Well, on the other hand, there are a lot of different mods created via third-party developers. That adds unique and interesting missions and provides a new outlook to the game. So, apart from that, there is some user-generated content as well.
While all these make the gameplay pretty challenging, however, it is something that users could easily compete with actually. But what they can’t compete with and find is even more challenging is the Gmod LUA PANIC Not enough memory error actually. If you guys are also facing, this issue, and then fret not. In this tutorial, we have shared different methods in order to fix this error. So without even further ado, let us begin with the guide.
Lua Panic not Enough Memory – How to Fix
Well, the thing is basically the error clearly states that the error is because of limited RAM resources. That is, your PC isn’t meeting the required RAM level actually. But, here’s the catch. Some of the users have reported facing this error even if their PC meets this basic RAM requirement. If that is the case with you as well, then just take the help of the below method in order to fix the Gmod LUA PANIC Not enough memory error.
Steps to Follow
- First of all, you have to open the Steam application on your PC.
- Head over to the Library section where it basically shows all your installed games.
- Right-tap on Gmod (Garry’s Mod) and choose Properties.
- Within the Garry’s Mod properties dialog box, head over to the General tab and tap on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS.
- Now under the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS dialog box, then you will have to enter the following data, based on your RAM.
- If your RAM is 2GB, then you have enter:
Now on the other hand, for 4GB of RAM, type in:
Or, if you guys have 8GB of RAM, then type:
- When you do that, launch Gmod and load a server. Then just see if the Gmod LUA PANIC Not enough memory error has been fixed or not.
- If not, then there are a few tweaks you could make. For that, again head over to the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS dialog box, and then also do the following changes:
- If you guys have 8GB of RAM, then just type:
On the other hand, users that have 4 GB of RAM, should type:
- When you do that, save it and open the game. For those thinking about what we did just now, we have just reallocated the heap size. Such as, 8GB RAM has been allocated the heap size of 4GB, and also the latter has been allocated the heap size of 2GB. Anyways, now try to launch the game and the error should have been fixed.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!