With more than 150 million subscribers, Netflix is one of the most popular televisions and movie streaming platforms in the world. Unfortunately, the reach and depth of Netflix programming also make the service. And its subscribers, a tempting target for hackers who would like to enjoy movies and TV shows. While letting someone else foot the bill. So, in this article, we are going to show you how to get your account back. If you have your Netflix Hacked and Email Changed.
Most of the time, hackers will just change the password but nothing else. While other times they won’t change anything at all (hoping to fly under the radar). But it is most common for a hacker to change the e-mail address associated with the account. So that they can just take the whole thing over.
Regardless of the method, there are ways to deal with their hacker attack. And in this article, I will give you the basic rundown of how to save yourself and get your account back.
How to know if your Netflix Account Got Hacked and Email Changed
Hackers use a wide range of methods to get access to someone else’s Netflix account.
In some cases, hackers will gain access to your account and leave your credentials alone in the hopes that they can keep using your account without you knowing. Well, in this situation, it is important to keep an eye out for strange viewing activity on your Netflix account.
In other cases, hackers may change your login email and password in order to completely stops you from accessing the account. In situations like this, you will have to contact Netflix to regain control of your account.
Let’s take a look at how you can tell if your Netflix account hacked, and how you can get your account back.
Strange Account Activity
The easiest way to tell if someone is using your account is to check the recently watch tab on Netflix. If you see a movie or TV show there that you did not watch recently. Odds are that your account is being used by someone else. In this case, you should change your password immediately to make sure. That the damage does not get any worse and to prevent the hacker from using your account again.
Here is how you can make sure that suspicious activity took place on your Netflix account and your Netflix hacked and Email Changed:
- Log into your Netflix account and select Account.
- Click Viewing activity to see all the activities that took place on your account. (The hacker can also delete the recent activity. So if you are still not sure about what happened, continue to the next step.)
- Click on Recent device streaming activity. In order to see the locations where your account was log in to from.
- Check if there are any unknown logins from other countries or areas.
- If you see a login you were not aware of, then it’s possible that your Netflix account got hacked. Go back to Settings and select Sign out of all devices.
- This will sign out your account from all devices, including also those used by the hacker. Now that you made sure that you are the only person using the account. It is time to change your password to make sure that the hacker does not log back in.
Change your Password From Mobile Devices
- First, log in to your Netflix account using any device.
- Select More in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Go to App Settings and scroll down until you find your e-mail address in the Action section.
- Tap it and now you will be able to change your password.
- Enable two-step authentication for your Gmail address. That way, you will have to validate each login by clicking on a link you will receive in your e-mail. While this might seem like a nuisance. But it is better to be safe than sorry.
Change your Password using Computer
- Log into your Netflix Account.
- Hover over your profile icon in the top-right corner and select Account from the menu.
- Click on Change Password. You will find it on the top-right of the Account page under Membership & Billing.
- On the next page, enter your current password in the first field and your new password in the other two.
- Optionally, you can check also the box next to Require all devices to sign in again with a new password. This will automatically log out all your connected devices from Netflix.
- Click Save to save your new password.
Now, your account should be safe as the hacker should no longer be able to log back in. This will get your Netflix hacked account.
What if my Netflix Account has been Hacked and Email Changed?
Of course, if the person who hacked your account decides to change your login credentials. You won’t be able to kick them off through your account settings.
If this happens, you can’t have access to your Netflix account. If the hacker went the extra mile to change all of your info, including your credit card number. That you will have a hard time proving that you are the original owner of that account.
Based on what we have learned from users who had this problem, you should not expect to get your stolen account back. Netflix won’t be able to check your original information, and there is no other way you can prove that the account was yours in the first place.
The best outcome is that the stolen account gets deleted. This means that you will have to create a new one to get back to binge-watching your favorite TV shows. It is all in the hands of the customer support team and how they handle the problem.
Keep Your Account Safe
The best way to make sure that no one else takes control of your Netflix account is to make it as secure as possible from day one. That means that you should create a password that has numbers, capital and lowercase letters, and even a few symbols. You should also set up the two-factor authentication feature that will verify. That the account is yours every time you want to log in.
If your Netflix account gets hacked after all that, at least you will know that the hackers have to put in a lot of extra work. Most of them will leave and go looking for an easier target.
That was all for “Netflix Hacked and Email Changed”. I hope you like it, give us your feedback. Also if you guys have further issues related to this article. Then let us know n the comments section below. Have a Great Day!