In this guide, we’ll show you how to resolve Netwtw06.Sys Failed error on Windows 10. Well, the error message won’t spell out any useful info, users can find it a tough time dealing with it.
If we talk about the reasons for the abovementioned error, well there could be quite a few. To start with, it might be because of old or outdated wireless drivers. If you end up installing or downloading an incompatible or incorrect build of these drivers, you can then face this error. Here you’ll discuss how to fix these issues. This in turn should resolve the Netwtw06.Sys Failed error on Windows 10 as well.
Well, the error occurs in devices with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 wireless LAN adapter. However, the error occurs because of incompatible or corrupted models of Wireless network card device drivers. And to fix the error, just check the Wireless network card device drivers. Another possible cause for this error is the presence of corruption in your system files. Well, a corrupt Windows Installation creates the Netwtw06.sys Failed Error. Don’t fret, because here we are going to explain how to fix these issues step by step. You only have to follow the steps given below.
How To Fix Netwtw06.sys Failed Error:
Here are different ways to fix Netwt06.sys failed error:
Fix 1: Update Intel Wi-Fi Driver
Outdated drivers can cause lots of issues in your system if you are facing the Netwtw06.sys Failed Error. Then your first thing is to update the Intel Wi-Fi drivers. Also, you can use the help of the Support Assistant or Intel Driver to update drivers automatically. But if you wish to manually update the drivers, then follow these instructions given below.
- Head over to the Start Menu.
- Tap on Device Manager.
- Double-tap on the Network Adapters option
- Right-tap on the Wi-Fi adapter and then tap on the Update driver option.
- Install or download the updated drivers and then check the error.
Fix 2: Roll Back Wireless Network Drivers To An Earlier Version
If you are encountering the error after updating the Wireless Network Drivers. Then the updated drivers may be at fault. In this situation, simply roll back the drivers to an earlier version. Follow these instructions given below.
- Tap on the Start Menu.
- Head over to the Device Manager.
- Double-tap on the Network Adapters option to just expand it. Then, select the Wireless adapters option.
- Tap on the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Move to the Driver tab.
- Select the Roll Back Driver option.
- Choose a suitable reason.
- Hit the “Yes” button.
- Now, wait until the procedure to complete.
- Also, you can uninstall the present model of drivers and then head over to the manufacturer’s website to install an older variant of the drivers.
Fix 3: System File Checker tool
As we have discussed earlier, corrupted or damaged system files can also cause Netwtw06.sys Failed Error. To remove the corruption present in your system files, you should execute the System File Checker (SFC) utility. Here’s a quick article on how to run the SFC tool.
- Hit Windows key +R.
- Input “cmd” and hit Enter.
- Right-tap on the Command Prompt option to select the Run as administrator option.
- You have to tap “Yes” when prompted by the User Account Control.
- Now, you have to execute the following command line and then hit Enter.
- sfc /scannow
- Wait until the procedure complete.
- When the process is complete. Then check if you again find the Netwtw06.sys Failed Error.
Fix 4: DISM tool
In case if you are still facing the error, then simply use the DISM tool to fulfill the task of the SFC tool. Follow these instructions below.
- Hit Windows key +R.
- You have to enter “cmd” and hit OK.
- Then open the window of Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Now, execute the following command lines and hit Enter after the command line.
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- When the process is complete, check for the error.
Fix 5: Antivirus software
Certainly, errors are the result of potential malware infections. In this situation, you can take the help of any third-party apps. Install or download the software on your PC and check if you can fix the error.
Fix 6: Check Hard Drives
The error Netwtw06.sys Failed Error can affect your PC if your PC has any bad sectors on the disk. If you want to check the health of your hard drives, then execute the CHKDSK utility. Follow this section given below.
- Hit Windows key +R.
- From the search box input “cmd” and hit Enter to open the Command Prompt window.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
- You have to execute the following command line in your Command prompt window.
chkdsk C: /f /r /x
(Here “C” is the letter of the drive where your OS is present)
- Hit Enter to start the whole process.
- When the process is complete, restart your PC.
Fix 7: Perform A System Restore Method
There might be a chance that some bug found its way with any downloaded apps or files. Whenever you perform a system restore, your system goes into a state when there was no error. But also you can perform this method if you have already created a restore point in the past.
- Hit Windows key +R.
- Input “rstrui” and hit Enter.
- The window of System Restore will open up
- When prompted, tap “Next.”
- Select your restore point and then tap on the Finish
- When a prompt appears by a notification. Then hit “Yes” to confirm your action.
- When the procedure is complete, your PC will be restored to a clean state.
Fix 8: Windows Clean Installation
A corrupt Windows installation can give rise to lots of errors such as Netwtw06.sys Failed Error. If you want to fix the error, simply perform a clean installation of Windows. Keep in mind that the process can remove all your data. So make sure you recover your important files before initiating this process.
The Netwtw06.sys Failed Error will keep crashing your PC and interrupt you until you resolve it. We know how much it can be irritating to get disturbed while you are working. You shouldn’t wait for a while. The Netwtw06.sys Failed Error looks difficult, but you can fix it yourself using the solutions given above.
Blue screen errors can be very irritating as they keep coming back at unexpected times. You need to fix the error whenever it is possible. I hope one of the workarounds given in this guide will save your PC from the Netwtw06.sys Failed Error. If you have any queries, questions, or feedback then write down the comments section below!