Are you looking for a solution to fix the ‘Not able to switch users in Windows 10’ issue? If yes, tehn you are in the right place. In Windows 10, you can easily choose the accounts you want to use, on the login and lock screen. If you want to switch users, you’ve to just tap on Start Button > tap on your profile picture icon > and then choose another user account you like to switch to.
But what happened if you don’t view another user account to switch? Well, if that’s the case with your PC, you are unable to switch users. This is one of the biggest issues faced by users, and the issue existed in earlier Windows editions as well.
So if you can’t switch to users, here’s how to resolve it:
How To Fix Not Able To Switch Users In Windows 10
Follow the methods given below to fix the ‘not able to switch users in Windows 10’ issue:
Solution 1 – Via LUSRMGR Snap-in
- Hit + R and input lusrmgr.msc in Run dialog box to simply open Local Users and Groups snap-in. Then tap OK.
- From the lusrmgr window, double-tap on Group. Now right-tap on Administrators, choose ‘Add to Group’.
- Now from the Administrators property sheet, tap Add button.
- Then from the Select Users, simply tap Object Types.
- From the Object Types screen, keep in mind that only Users are marked. Then again in the above-shown window, tap Advanced.
- Head over to the next window, tap Find Now. Now from the search results, choose the other user accounts to which you can’t switch to. Then tap OK and again OK in the remaining window.
When you successfully added the user to the Administrators group by this method, it should be available for switching. If the issue ‘Not Able To Switch Users In Windows 10’ still occurs, then scroll down below!
Solution 2 – Via Command Prompt
- Right-tap Start Button or hit + X keys and choose Command Prompt (Admin) to open Command Prompt as administrator.
- From the administrative or elevated Command Prompt window, copy or paste the following command and then hit Enter key.
secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
- Exit the Command Prompt window and then reboot your PC.
- Once you successfully restart your PC, you should be able to switch to users’ accounts now.
That’s all about it!
Solution 3: CTRL + ALT + DELETE
This method only works when you are successfully logged in with a user account. Initially, hit the CTRL + ALT + Delete keys together on your keyboard. When a new screen appears, with some options right in the center. Then tap “Switch user,” and you are redirected to the login screen.
Select the user account that you like to use and input the correct login information. You can then select between the sign-in options, after tapping or clicking the “Sign-in options” and then choose the option that you prefer.
I hope you can now understand how to fix the issue ‘Not Able To Switch Users In Windows 10’. If the methods prove to be useful then share them with your friends. For further queries and questions let us know in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share your feedback with us!
Waiting for your valuable feedback!