On Outlook, a profile basically includes your accounts, data files, settings, and also preferences. If you are having problems syncing, seeing errors, or you no longer need the profile, then it is possible to delete it from your computer actually. In this article, we are going to talk about Outlook 2016 Delete Profile – Outlook Mail. Let us begin!
Whenever you delete an Outlook profile, then you will be deleting all of the downloaded emails as well. But, any Personal Folders Files (pst) associated along with the profile will stay on your device, and then it can later be accessed from a new profile actually.
So, in this guide, you guys will learn the steps to delete an Outlook profile. And its data to start all over or to fix issues with the email client app on Windows 10.
How to delete profile in Outlook
In order to delete an Outlook app profile on Office 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, and all other older versions. Then you have to use these simple steps:
- First, you have to open the Control Panel.
- Tap on User Accounts.
- Then tap on Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016).
- Now under the “Profiles” section, you need to click on the Show Profiles button.
- Choose the profile.
- Tap on the Remove button.
- Then tap on the Yes button to confirm the deletion.
- At last, press the OK button.
When you complete all of these steps, then the profile with its accounts along with offline cache will be deleted from your device as well. The next time you guys open the desktop version of Outlook, then you will need to set up your accounts again. That should help you to start fresh or fix issues along with your accounts or app as well.
Delete Your Outlook Profile via the Registry Editor
Well, inside the Registry Editor, you have to encounter a series of cascading folders. You need to follow these simple steps to find the file you need to edit to delete your Outlook profile as well:
- From the Computer tab, tap on the arrow next to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder. This should collapse it, which reveals another series of folders.
- Tap on the arrow that is next to the Software folder.
- Choose the arrow next to Microsoft and then the arrow next to Office.
- Now you have to pick the folder for your current version of Microsoft Office. The latest should be 16.0 for Microsoft Outlook 2016 actually. Outlook 2013 is in the 15.0 folder, and the 2010 version won’t be in the Office folder at all. However, rather in the WindowsNT or CurrentVersion folder.
- Tap on the arrow next to Outlook, or for Office 2010, the arrows next to the WindowsMessagingSubsystem folder. And then press the Profiles folder, which displays all of the available Outlook reg profiles labeled by their profile name.
- Choose the file for the Outlook reg profile that you guys want to delete.
Before you guys delete your profile’s Outlook registry key, you first, have to make a backup of it. If you do not, then it could potentially corrupt your entire operating system actually. So it is better to be on the safe side and then create a backup.
(Re)create a mail profile
When you have located and opened the Mail applet, then you can recreate your mail profile through the following steps:
- First, press the button Add
- Do NOT use Copy actually. not even when you want to recreate your mail profile or you will end up copying the corruption actually.
- Do NOT delete your old profile, not even when it is corrupted before you guys have verified that the new one works. You might want to look up some account settings afterward actually.
- Then enter a name for your new Mail Profile as well.
- Now fill out the Auto Account Setup dialog or choose to configure the account manually.
- When using the Auto Account Setup, Outlook will then try to determine and configure your account automatically. If this fails then you can still choose to configure it manually along with the information provided by your ISP.
- When you use the manual configuration, then you have to make sure you choose the correct account type. Ask your ISP or administrator if you do not know this actually.
- When you want to use POP3 or IMAP and are using Outlook.com (Hotmail), Gmail, Microsoft 365, Yahoo, or iCloud as well.
Outlook 2016, Outlook 2019, and also Microsoft 365 do not actually support the manual configuration of an Exchange account. You must use the Auto Account Setup. Your settings will be received through AutoDiscover.
- You have to follow on-screen instructions to (further) configure your account. Again; you have to ask your ISP or administrator if you do not know these details.
Prompt for a mail profile for your use
Now that you guys have added an additional mail profile you should also configure Outlook to prompt you. For which profile you want to start Outlook with as well. You guys can also do this in the same Mail applet opened in step 1 and choose “Prompt for a profile to be used.”
If you just want to recreate your mail profile rather than adding a new one. Then you can configure it to use your newly created profile as the default through selecting “Always use this profile” and choose your new profile.
When you use Outlook 2016 (not MSI), Outlook 2019, or Outlook as part of a Microsoft 365 subscription. Then you can also trigger this prompt through;
- File-> Account Settings-> Change Profile
Outlook will then close automatically however, you guys will have to start it manually again in order to get prompted for the Mail Profile.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “outlook 2016 delete profile” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!