Generally, the Windows system comes along with Realtek HD Audio Driver preinstalled for managing sound settings as well. The Realtek HD Audio Manager is a really important application packed along with Realtek HD Audio Driver. It also helps control volume in Windows 10, configures speaker/microphone settings, enhances sound effects, boosts volume in Windows 10, as well. In this article, we are going to talk about Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager in Windows. let’s begin!
If you guys are unable to find Realtek HD Audio Manager and then the underlying for this issue seems to be a corrupt Realtek audio driver. If this is the case then you could easily fix the issue via reinstalling the Realtek audio drivers. Anyway, without even wasting any time let’s see How to Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager.
In this article we are going to fix the following issues:
- Realtek HD Audio Manager icon missing
- Realtek HD Audio Manager missing
- Also, realtek HD Audio Manager not opening
Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager in Windows
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something actually goes wrong.
Manually Update Realtek Audio Drivers
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc and click Enter to open Device Manager.
- Then expand Sound, video, and game controllers and just right-tap on “Realtek High Definition Audio” & choose Update driver.
- Now on the next window, tap on “Search automatically for updated driver software“.
- In case, you guys already have the updated driver then you will see the message “The best drivers for your device are already installed“.
- If you don’t really have the latest drivers then Windows will automatically update Realtek Audio drivers to the latest update available.
- When you finish, then reboot your PC to save changes.
If you guys are still facing the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Issue then you have to manually update the drivers, just follow this guide.
- Again open Device Manager and then right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio & choose Update driver.
- This time just tap on ” Browse my computer for driver software.”
- Next, choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
- Choose the appropriate driver from the list and then tap on Next.
- Now let the driver installation complete and then restart your PC.
Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager
- Just open your favorite web browser and then navigate to this website.
- Now you will be directed towards the download page, and under “PC Audio Codecs” choose the latest driver available.
Note: You have to make sure to download the proper driver according to your system architecture.
- If you’re unable to find then either you guys need the driver for AC’97 Audio Codecs Software or High Definition Audio Codecs Software.
Note: For most of the users, you have to download the High Definition Audio Codecs. However, if you’re on an old system then only you have to download AC’97 Audio Codecs.
- When the file is downloaded, double-tap on the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions in order to install the latest Realtek High Definition Audio drivers.
- Now you have to navigate to the following location in the file explorer:
- Double-tap on RtkNGUI64.exe in order to open the Realtek HD Audio manager.
Disable Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type “devmgmt.msc” (without even quotes) and click on enter to open Device Manager.
- Now expand System Devices and right-click on Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio then choose Disable.
- Tap on Windows Key + I to open Settings and then click on Apps.
- From the left-hand menu, just make sure to choose Apps & feature.
- Now under Apps & features, you guys find a search box, just type “Realtek High Definition Audio Driver” in it.
- Tap on Uninstall under Realtek High Definition Audio Driver.
- Now visit Realtek in order to download the latest driver and Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager.
Use Add legacy to install drivers to support older Sound Card
- Tap on Windows Key + R and then type “devmgmt.msc” (without even quotes) and hit enter to open Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, just choose Sound, video and game controllers and then tap on Action > Add legacy hardware.
- Tap on Next, choose ‘Search for and install the hardware automatically (Recommended).’
- Reboot your system in order to save changes.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Fix Connection Error on Minecraft