Providing Kodi a factory reset is a useful way to revive a system bogged down via add-on bloat, broken dependencies, and dead builds as well. However, if you’re not sure how to go about doing it, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Revitalize Kodi – Factory reset Kodi. Let’s start!
For many users, the great joys of Kodi are downloading a new addon or build and then playing around in order to see what it can do. The others prefer to find the right build or addon selection in order to suit their needs and then stick with it. Whatever type of Kodi user you identify whenever there is likely to be a time when you have to reset Kodi to factory settings.
Perhaps you guys find yourself stuck with an outdated build that is no longer updating. Maybe you’ve just got too many addons downloaded as well. Whatever the reason is, there are a number of methods that you can use to delete everything and turn your Kodi back to a clean, new setup. And in this guide, we will furnish you with easy-to-follow, step-by-step guides to the most reliable and effective ones.
Use a VPN | Revitalize Kodi
It is always highly advisable to use a VPN whenever you guys are using Kodi to stream content. However, particularly for live streams of sports events or also pay-per-view TV. This is as even though Kodi itself is absolutely legal, there are some external addons that can give access to content unlawfully. It is not unheard of for Kodi users in order to receive legal notices for copyright infringement as a result of using these apps as well. Along with some even facing further penalties. However, with a VPN, your online activity is anonymized, that means that you are protected from the risk of such legal repercussions.
Selecting the right VPN to use with Kodi can be a difficult decision. So we have also made a recommendation based on the key criteria most Kodi users are looking for. Those are:
- Fast connection speeds – VPNs can slow down your online speeds, that is bad for streaming, however, a good VPN should have a negligible impact.
- Strong privacy protections – The best VPNs offer no-user data logging, strong encryption, and many other safety features such as kill switches to protect your privacy.
- No data or traffic restrictions – Some VPNs have download limits and just don’t allow some files to be downloaded. But the best have no limitations on the file types of data quantities you use as well.
- Broad server availability – The bigger the range of global proxy servers available, the better your connection speeds and the range of content you can access as well.
NordVPN is the top VPN in the globe and is an ideal choice to hide your Kodi traffic. After all, ISPs and copyright trolls love to hate Kodi and will go out of their way to throttle your traffic, that interrupts your service or even brings legal charges against you. And this can also happen even if you guys stick to 100% legal official add-ons!
So to decrease your liability, use NordVPN to encrypt your traffic. It also offers only the latest protocols, that make use of the unbreakable 256-bit AES encryption cipher to completely hide your activity from third-party surveillance and meddling as well. It is also instrumental whenever using NordVPN’s massive network (of up to 5,800 servers in 59 countries) to spoof past geoblocks. Because it helps fool sites into serving you content as though you were a local in whatever country you picked as well.
NordVPN is also dead-simple to use, well, thanks to a refined and intuitive UI that’s been continually honed via nearly a decade of user feedback. It installs easily onto pretty much any Kodi-compatible device, also be it an Android TV box, Fire TV stick, iOS tablet, or also even your home router for blanket protection. Connect more than 6 devices simultaneously without even limits on bandwidth, speed, server switches, or also traffic type (even P2P). Use NordVPN however you guys like. They enshrine your right to anonymity in one of the industry’s best no-logging policies. as well
How to Revitalize Kodi – Factory reset Kodi
Kodi is free and open-source software that is actually designed for home entertainment. It is actually available since 2002. Kodi doesn’t give any content, and it is you who gives the content to stream. Along with Kodi, you can listen to music, watch family videos, get sports scores, and much more. It gives you an intuitive interface to browse easily. While streaming on Kodi. It may also have some problems that may be difficult to solve, such as frequent crashes, virus attacks, slowdown.
So if your Kodi is not working smoothly on your PC, then you have to reset Kodi. Resetting will make Kodi blank, such as whenever you have downloaded it for the first time. After you reset, you can add the addons fresh and stream the contents. Go through this article in order to learn to reset Kodi on Windows.
Fortunately, if you guys do have to reset Kodi to factory settings now, and there are a number of different options available for you. We have also detailed the most effective of these for you below, Along with a step-by-step guide that explains how you can perform the reset as well as which devices each and every method is most suitable for. Just select the right method for you. Now ffollow the guide, and you should be left with a clean version of Kodi to play with.
Indigo (Fusion) Factory Restore option
There was consternation in the Kodi community earlier this year whenever the famous TVAddons repository disappeared. That is taking along with it an entire host of Kodi’s favorite add-ons and no shortage of useful features too. TVAddons is now back and along with it a fully working version of the famous Indigo (Fusion) addon. Indigo is a multi-functional Kodi tool that allows users in order to make changes to a lot of different features and settings. And amongst these features is actually a tool known as Factory Restore. That permits you to restore Kodi to factory settings.
In order to use this feature in Indigo, you will first need to download the new TVAddons repository. You can do this as follows, although users should proceed along with caution as rumors are swirling about who actually controls TVAddons these days as well. Close links to a firm of copyright lawyers in Canada that have been established and talk of spyware in order to monitor Kodi user’s activity has been muted. There is also no reason to think that Indigo is directly affected via this, however, nonetheless, all users proceed at their own risk.
Steps | Revitalize Kodi
- First open Kodi and tap on the gear icon to enter the System
- Head to File Manager > Add Source and in the URL box enter the following exactly: https://fusion.tvaddons.co
- Provide the new repository a name, such as fusion2, and then tap OK.
- The TVAddons Repository will now download onto your device actually. A notification box will appear whenever the installation is complete.
When TVAddons has been downloaded, you will have to install the Indigo addon. You can also do this using the following simple steps.
- Choose Add-ons from the Kodi main menu followed via the add-on browser icon. That looks like an open box and is located in the top-left of the screen.
- On the menu, just tap on Install from zip file. Choose the file named Fusion2 (or whatever you decided to call it). Then tap on the folder called Begin-here.
- Now install the file named program.indigo-#.#.#.zip and wait for notification that the installation has been completed successfully actually.
- Return to the main Kodi menu and choose Addons. Just find the Indigo addon and open it. You will then be prompted in order to download and install additional files.
- When these downloads have finished, you guys are ready to use the Indigo addon
Ares Wizard Fresh Start option
Ares Wizard is a famous tool used via many Kodi users to access some of the most famous external addons. However, it also contains a nifty little feature to enable you in order to reset Kodi to its factory settings as well. The big benefit of using Ares Wizard to reset Kodi to factory settings is that it provides you the option to retain some selected data if you so wish. In order to use the Ares Wizard Fresh Start option you will first have to install the Ares Repository and the Ares Wizard software which can be done as follows:
Steps | Revitalize Kodi
- Firstly, you will have to download the repository file. Once there, then download the file called aresproject.zip
- Open Kodi 17, then choose Add-ons followed via the add-on browser icon, that looks like an open box and is located in the top-left of the screen.
- On the menu, tap on Install from zipping Then navigate to wherever you saved the Ares Repository zip file and tap open. This will install the Ares Repository onto Kodi as well. You should see a confirmation when it has been downloaded successfully.
- You will now have to install Ares Wizard. To do this, just return to the add-on browser menu again and this time tap on Install from repository.
- Next just tap on Ares Project > program add-ons > Ares Wizard > Install. Ares Wizard will now download onto your Kodi too. Again, it will provide a confirmation notification when it has been downloaded successfully. Ares Wizard should now be available under the Program Add-ons tab on the Kodi homepage as well.
Further | Revitalize Kodi
When the Ares Wizard has downloaded, there are a few more simple steps to follow in order to run the Fresh Start function.
- Just open the Ares Wizard addon and on the home page choose the More tab at the top of the screen.
- Choose the Erase All Data/Fresh Start option that is the fourth item down on the menu.
- A pop-up warning box will appear saying This will erase all addons etc from Kodi. Are you sure? Select
- An options box will now appear that allows you to select which data you want to keep. Options include any media saved in your favorites, any sources added to your file manager, and also any addon settings. When you have decided what, if anything, to keep, select
- The Ares Wizard will now reset Kodi to factory settings also. Whenever the process has finished, then it will pop up another window that tells you Kodi needs to be closed. Tap on to attempt to close Kodi. Choose OK.
- Whenever you next reopen Kodi, it should now have been restored to factory settings actually.
Another Method to restore Kodi to factory settings | Revitalize Kodi
Relying on the type of device you are using Kodi with, there are a number of other simple methods. That can help you in order to restore Kodi to factory settings. All of these simple methods should work, although most do not include the option in order to retain any data whatsoever and will also need you to reinstall Kodi from scratch as well.
Windows: For those running Kodi on a Windows device, you guys can go to the Add or Remove Programmes page in the Settings and completely uninstall the Kodi app as well. You will then have to reinstall Kodi from either the Zip file (if you still have it on your device) or you can download a new version from the internet.
Mac: The same process should also work for Mac users as well. You can completely uninstall the Kodi app and then reinstall it from one of the two sources mentioned above as well.
Android: If you guys are using Kodi on an Android device, then you can navigate to the Android App Manager. Choose Kodi from here and then select the following two options from the next menu:
- Clear Data
- Clear Cache
This should delete any additional data from Kodi and restore the app to its original condition.
Further | Revitalize Kodi
Fire TV Stick: If you guys are using Kodi on a Fire TV stick. Then there are two options available to restore the software to factory settings.
- Fire Stick Factory Reset: The Fire Stick itself does have an option in order to return the device to factory settings. You can find it in the Settings But this option will remove all apps and data saved on the Fire Stick, not just Kodi actually. If that is not an issue, then you can use this tool to delete Kodi and then download the software again.
- The Android option: Since a Fire Stick is essentially an Android device, the Android method given above should work on a Fire Stick too. To carry out this method, you will have to tap on Home > Settings > Application > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi. On the next page, you can again tap on the Clear Data and Clear Cache options. We suggest you to click on each twice to make sure the process has been completed successfully. Whenever you reopen Kodi, it should have been restored to factory settings.
We have had some reports of this method that are causing Kodi to be unable to open afterward. If that is the case, then try and follow the method one more time. If it still doesn’t work, then you will have to delete the Kodi addon and reinstall it manually.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “Revitalize Kodi” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!