Getting verified across all social media platforms is necessary for businesses and personal brands for a number of reasons actually. One of those reasons is that it makes their accounts more visible to potential followers as well. On most of the platforms when people are searching for accounts, it’ll then push a verified business’ or brands’ verified account to the top of the search results as well. This brings in a whole lot more followers and also increases engagement among your followers. Because they’re seeing the business’ or brands’ posts first. In this article, we are going to talk about Snapchat Verification Process – How to Get Verified. Let’s begin!
We’ve already shown you how yuo can get verified on multiple platforms, however, how do you get your business or brand verified on Snapchat? That’s actually a little more difficult than most processes, but luckily, it can still happen along with some hard work and determination.
Don’t we all want to view that little emoji next to our usernames on Snapchat? No one really knows what it entails, however, we all want one. Well if you guys too are curious about how you can get your account verified on Snapchat. Then here is everything you must to know.
Snapchat Verification Process – How to Get Verified
What is ‘Verified’ on Snapchat?
Well, in 2015, Snapchatters started noticing little emojis appear next to celebrities’ usernames on the Snapchat app actually. But, if you guys try to do this yourself, then you will notice there is no real option for it.
Snapchat quietly starts verifying celebrity accounts so that users know that one is the official account to follow. This is quite just the same as Instagram’s Verified account where the user gets a blue tick next to their username on their account actually.
Snapchat also has not divulged how many accounts it has currently verified. Although if you guys search for a celebrity on the app, then you will see other verified accounts recommended to you in order to follow.
What are the criteria to get Verified on Snapchat? | Snapchat verification
Snapchat is really airy whenever it comes to what you guys need to get your account verified. Naturally, a verified account is mostly for some kind of celebrity, which means they would have a strong following on the app as well.
Snapchat also says that in order to get your account verified you need to have at least 50,000+ views on your story as well. This basically means that 50,000 users should watch your story to completion as well. But, there is no clarity on how often you guys need these views, or if you need them on each and every story you put up.
Can anyone get Verified on Snapchat?
However, there is actually no reason for you not to get verified on Snapchat if you guys meet its criteria. Then thousands of users on Reddit also claim that even though they have the views, they have yet to verify on Snapchat as well.
Snapchat itself provides no clarity on the matter. But, there are a bunch of folks who claim that they managed to get their accounts verified through simply appealing to Snapchat. That mentions that their accounts were being duplicated actually.
How to get Verified on Snapchat | snapchat verification
This is basically a trick that seems to work along with most of the folks trying to get their accounts verified. But, Snapchat itself is supposed to verify your account whenever you meet its criteria, that does not seem to be happening as well.
You have to follow this guide in order to try and get your account Verified on Snapchat.
- Openthe Snapchat app and login with the account that you guys want to get Verified (if you have multiple accounts) as well.
- Now click on your Bitmoji avatar in the top left corner of the app. This will basically you to your profile. Now head to ‘Settings’ via tapping the cog icon in the top right corner of your profile.
- Scroll down to ‘I Need Help’ under ‘Support’, then head to ‘Contact Us’. From the list of issues, choose ‘My Snapchat isn’t working’ as well.
- Now scroll down to the last option and click ‘Other’. Scroll down to the bottom of the page as well. It will then ask you if you want help with something else. Tap ‘Yes’. Next, choose “my issue is not listed’.
Further | snapchat verification
This will actually bring up a form to fill out. Fill in your username and many other information on the form. In the last box, it will ask you to describe your problem. This is actually the most important one. Here you have to convince Snapchat that there are fake accounts popping up along with your name. And your followers are finding it really difficult to recognize which one is yours. You can make it as sensational as you can.
The form also has an option in order to upload an attachment. You can use this option to upload some form of identification yourself. This also helps Snapchat know that they are dealing along with the right person and not an impostor.
Now go ahead and then send the form out. It is supposed to take 4 to 5 days for Snapchat in order to get back to you. You guys will receive an email from Snapchat letting you know if your account will be verified or not as well. If you guys do not get verified,then just go ahead and try to send out the form again!
What happens when you get verified
There are a few perks that also come along with getting your account verified. These only really help you if you guys want to grow your audience as well as improve your content as well. For each and everyday joes, you guys will not see much of a change.
One big perk is actually multiple logins. For normal accounts, Snapchat only lets you guys log in from one device actually. If you guys log in to another device, then you will be signed out of the first. But, with verified accounts, you can also log in to multiple devices. This helps celebrities to post stories from their content creation team, however, simultaneously clicking a selfie halfway across the world actually.
Another add on is basically the way Snapchat promotes verified accounts. One big annoyance along with the app is that you can only find someone. If you guys know their exact Snapchat username. But, with verified accounts, you can just simply search for the person’s real name to find their Snapchat account. Plus, verified accounts are always suggested whenever users search for other verified users.
Tips to get verified on Snapchat | snapchat verification
Because the only criteria to get verified on Snapchat is basicaly to get a huge number of views. The most important thing to do is just increase your followers on the app. Now here are some tips that could help you along with that.
- Step up your content: This is an obvious one, however, good HD content is pivotal in increasing your followers. No one wants to see content shot on a potato.
- Personalize your Story: Unlike Instagram, Snapchat is up and personal as well. So your followers want to know the real you, what you do each and every day, what you like, etc. Personalizing your story will also help your audience connect better with you.
- Interact with your audience: Snapchat also has some cool tools to use in order to create polls and many other interaction on your story. you can use these creator tools in order to engage your audience.
- Do an SFS: Shoutout For Shoutout is a really great way to reach a new audience. Set up a script and request another creator in order to give you a shoutout on their channel.
- Cross-platform promotion: If you have accounts on many other social media platforms (just like everyone else in the world). You can use these to promote your Snapchat account. You guys might have followers there that do not know how to find you on Snapchat.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “snapchat verification” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How to Download Miracle Box Latest Setup