Turn Off Tumblr Safe Mode: Tumblr has been around having liberal side when it comes to content users provided. However, recently the platform declared war on all sensitive, violent, and NSFW content. Along with millions of blogs and posts, the Safe Mode toggle button vanishes from Tumblr.
However, not all is lost. You can still visit old blogs with anxious content that has been flagged but not removed.
TUMBLR’S SAFE MODE
Safe Mode has pretty much become primary sites like Tumblr. Millions of users generating content daily can’t be left unsupervised. On Reddit, for example, you still have the choice to enable and ban NSFW content in their feeds. On the other hand, Tumblr’s taken an entirely different approach.
Recently, Tumblr has removed a lot of sensitive and unwanted content from the site. During the purge, the Safe Mode button vanishes from the Account Settings, leaving all users in a permanent Safe Mode. Many bloggers were restricted from accessing their blogs because of confidential content.
If you’ve trip upon someone’s blog and it shows a message that warns you about the blog in question possibly containing confidential media. It means that it’s been flagged by the community or judge inappropriate by the Tumblr team. While you can’t turn it off, there are different ways to bypass Safe Mode and enjoy the site the way you want. Let’s come and view how to work around Safe Mode on PC, Android, and iOS devices.
Note: Makes sure you should know that if you’re under 18, there’s no way to disable Safe Mode on Tumblr.
If you have an account on Tumblr, then you can easily select what you want to see. Including the content, the community and Tumblr might judge as sensitive or NSFW. Here’s how to work around Safe Mode via a PC browser.
Note: This method works on Windows, Linux, and Mac computers and laptops.
Firstly, launch your favorite browser.
Then navigate to https://www.tumblr.com.
Tap on the login button in the middle of the screen.
Input your email and tap the Next button.
Tap the “Use password to log in” choice. Alternatively, if you forget the password, tap the “Send me a magic link” button and Tumblr will send you a log in link to the email account you’ve previously entered.
After login in, you’ll be redirected to your dashboard. Start browsing.
When you tap on a link or post that will take you to an unsafe blog, the Safe Mode warning will come up.
Tap on the “Go to my dashboard” link.
There, the issue blog will appear on the right side of the browser window.
Tap the “View this Tumblr” button.
The blog will load in the selected space.
Make sure that you’ll have to go through this entire process every time you encounter a flagged blog you’d like to see. If you visit a flagged blog frequently, you’ll enable it this way every time you’d want to visit it.
If you don’t have an account, then you can use one of the third-party apps to browse Tumblr without being hampered by Safe Mode. Tumbex is the best solution. It has a simple interface and is pretty easy to use. Follow these steps to find flagged blogs on Tumblr:
- Launch your browser and go to https://tumbex.com.
- Input the name of the post you wish to find into the upper of the two search boxes and press Search.
- If there are any posts, Tumbex will inform you that they exist but will hide them.
- Tap on the Save Search toggle switch.
- Choose the type of content you want to see and press the reload button.
If you’re searching for a blog, try the lower of the two search bars.
- Also, go back to the Tumbex home page.
- Input the name of the blog you’d like to see into the lower search box.
- Press Enter or tap the Go button.
- If the blog still exists, Tumbex will show it fully.
Android users have only one way to go around Safe Mode on Tumblr. That’s to allow each sensitive blog from the dashboard every time they’d like to take a peek. Here’s how to do it:
- Firstly, download and install the Tumblr app from Google Play. If you have the app, skip this step.
- Then launch the Tumblr app from your device’s Home screen.
- Log in, if you’re not already logged in.
- Once you arrive at the Dashboard, start browsing Tumblr.
- When you try to reach a blog that’s been flagged as unsafe, you’ll get the same message as on the desktop version of the site. Click the “View this Tumblr” button.
iOS users have it pretty much the same as Android users. You don’t need to turn the Safe Mode filter off in the settings, but you can manually see blogs that haven’t been removed during the NSFW content hunt. Here’s how to view confidential content on the iOS app:
- Download and install the Tumblr app from the App Store. If you already have the app, then skip step 2.
- Then launch the app and log in if required.
- On the dashboard, imitate surfing Tumblr.
- When you tap on a link that leads to a forbidden Tumblr, you’ll get a similar message as on Android and Desktop versions. Click the “View this Tumblr” button.
LIVING ON THE EDGE
If you think that Tumblr shouldn’t plan for its use which type of content is good and which isn’t, you can still take matters into your own hands. While you can’t turn Safe Mode off, you can work around it.
What is your choice on Tumblr and content restrictions? For further queries and questions let us know in the comment section below!