Well, seeing a “System UIDs Inconsistent” error on your Android device? Well, calm down. We know that it looks scary whenever it says “wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable”. However, it can be really simple to solve this issue without dealing along with wiping away your precious stuff on the device as well. In this article, we are going to talk about UIDs on the System are Inconsistent – How to Fix. Let’s begin!
Let’s now start with the causes first. The error mostly comes when you guys don’t flash a custom ROM in the right way. However, it can also happen because of a recently updated app.
In order to fix the error, there are a couple of things that you could do other than wiping the data partition. First, run the “Fix Permissions” process from a custom recovery actually. Second, you have to look for the culprit app in the uiderrors.txt file in the/data/system/ directory and uninstall the trouble-making app as well.
UIDs on the System are Inconsistent – How to Fix
Method 1 – Fix permissions from Recovery
CUSTOM RECOVERY REQUIRED
- First of all, boot your Android device into Recovery mode.
- You have to look for the “Fix Permissions” option and choose it.
- When the process finishes, then just reboot your phone. The trouble should be gone now.
Method 2 – Uninstall the troublemaking app
- First, you have to download and install a file manager app from the Play Store.
- Then head to /data/system/ directory and open the uiderrors.txt file.
- You need to find the culprit app from the uiderrors file and uninstall it immediately. This should help you in order to get rid of the “System UIDs Inconsistent” error.
└ Also, try to reboot the phone after uninstalling the culprit app.
- If needed, you guys can re-install the app. It won’t pose any trouble anymore as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!