Well, the UK’s television output definitely punches above its weight. In spite of the modest size of the UK market, it produces an astonishing array of high-quality programs across all the genres. Many British shows actually attract followings from all around the globe. Along with everything from costume dramas to nature documentaries pulling in huge audiences. Often these shows are broadcast first on British TV before the rights are then sold on to overseas broadcasters as well. This can mean users outside the UK have to wait months in order to see the latest edition of their favorite shows. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Install UKTV Play on Kodi – Tutorial.
Inside the UK, audiences face different challenges actually. While there are still five free-to-air terrestrial channels and a number of free satellite and cable ones as well. Many of the big shows are produced via channels that require expensive monthly subscriptions to see. This is beyond the financial reach of alot. It is hence little wonder that Kodi addons that permit users to stream British TV channels are hugely famous, and UKTV Play is one of the very best. In this article, we will show you how you can download and install the UKTVPlay addon in a simple step-by-step guide. And we will also review this famous app, so readers know just what they can expect from it.
Install a VPN | UKTV Play on Kodi
Whenever using any Kodi addon, it is always recommended to use a VPN. This is because, when Kodi itself is 100% legal, there are few unofficial addons that permit users to access content that isn’t. Some users also have faced legal notices and even further legal action as a result of using these. However, a VPN can protect you from such repercussions since it will make you anonymous online and encrypt all your online data. There are a lot of VPN providers around, however, if you are looking for the best one for Kodi. There are a few particular features you can use to narrow down your search:
- Fast connection speeds – Some VPNs will slow down your connection speeds, however, this is bad for online streaming. So Kodi users need one that has a minimal impact on connection speeds actually.
- Strong privacy settings – All Kodi users are looking for strong encryption and privacy provisions, so seek out a VPN that offers the best of both too.
- No restrictions on data or traffic – Streaming content can also use a lot of data and different types of files. Some VPNs have restrictions on both, so these should be prevented.
- Broad server availability – The larger the selection of servers on offer, the faster your connection speeds are likely to be, and also the more content you can unblock. Also including UK-based addons such as UKTV Play.
On the basis of these four criteria, we actually recommend IPVanish to all Kodi users. They have some of the best encryption and privacy settings and also combine as well. with great connection speeds across their network. IPVanish offers users up to 850 servers available in 60 countries around the world with many UK servers. That you will need if trying to watch UKTV Play from outside the UK. They also have absolutely no restrictions on either data or file type used for any user actually. Their app is available on just about each and every device imaginable, including the Amazon Firestick. Put all this together and it is hard to a VPN better suited for Kodi users as well.
How can you Install UKTV Play
The UKTV Play addon is an unofficial addon and will hence not be available in the official Kodi repository. Nevertheless, it is a really simple process to download and install it. Just follow this simple step-by-step guide in order to get UKTV Play up and running:
- UKTV Play can find in the Noobs and Nerds Repository as well. So if you haven’t already installed that, you will have to. You can do that via visiting the Noobs and Nerds portal and downloading noobsandnerds Repo (2.3.0).zip
- When the zip file has downloaded, open Kodi and choose Add-ons from the menu.
- Choose the Add-on Browser icon, that looks like an open box, and then choose Install from zipping.
- Just navigate to where you saved the Noobs and Nerds zip file and then choose it to install the repository. A notification will appear in the top right of the screen when it has successfully download actually
- Just return to the Addon browser menu and this time choose Install from Repository. Tap on Noobs and Nerds Repository followed via Video Add-ons and then scroll down until you see UKTV Play.
- Tap on it and then choose Install to download and install the addon. Again, a notification will appear in the top right of the screen when this has been done successfully actually.
- Just return to the Addons menu and UKTV Play should now be listed and ready to use.
UKTV Play Not Working – A Quick Fix
If you guys have installed and opened the UKTV Play addon and found you cannot get anything to work. Then you are almost certainly located outside the UK as well. The UKTV Play addon is restricted to users based in the UK only and will also try to stop anyone outside the UK from using it. Just don’t worry. There is a really simple solution to the problem.
If you guys haven’t already, you will need to download and install a VPN that has UK-based servers available. We recommend IPVanish to all Kodi users and you guys can read more about the reasons why above. Just open your VPN and then connect to one of the UK-based servers. When this connection has establish, return to UKTV Play and you guys should find the addon now works properly. If you are still experiencing problems, then try to connect to a different UK-based server.
UKTV Play – Review
UKTV Play permits users to access content from four famous UK TV Channels. Those channels are Dave, Really, Yesterday, and Drama too. These are four really different channels that offer an exciting cross-section of content including some of the things British TV does best as well. A brief overview of what each and every channel offers is below:
- Dave – Dave is a cable channel that targets the young adult demographic actually. Their output is a mix of comedy, reality, panel shows, and a few car shows as well. They mostly feature some of the most popular British entertainment faces doing projects that might not get made on many other stations.
- Really – If Dave seems to be targeted at men, Really is a lifestyle station that is definitely targeted at women. It actually features a range of shows on topics as diverse beauty, make-overs, travel, property, and (rather curiously) the paranormal too.
- Yesterday – Yesterday is the British History channel and features a really wide range of documentaries on topics as diverse as World War II, Military History, Historical biographies, and also a few reality shows and dramas along with a historical context.
- Drama – Just like the name suggests, this is the very best of British drama and features older shows from all the British channels. Just about each and every drama genre topic imaginable is cover here and there are lots to select from.
There are many different ways to find the content you are looking for within the addon. On the main menu, if you tap on the channel name you will present. Along with an alphabetical list of the shows available from that channel along with a gallery image and a short paragraph of information.
Just like that, you can click on A-Z to search the content of all four channels through the first letter of the show you want. And if you just want to browse, tap on Categories in order to search under six genre headings; Comedy, Documentaries, Drama, Paranormal, Real Lives, and also Science and Nature. This search feature doesn’t really cover enough topics to be especially useful. Unless you guys know you want something which falls under one of those categories. However, that is not a massive issue as it is still really easy to find content through the other methods.
How Does It Work? | UKTV Play on Kodi
The UKTV Play addon is one of the most user-friendly add-ons we also have encountered so far. It helps via the fact that the four channels it offers content from are really distinct. That makes finding content really easy. There is enough information in order to decide whether or not you are interested in watching the show and the images all seem to be connected. That means you know you are watching the right show.
Since this addon links to official streams from the channels themselves, there are actually no broken links and the quality of the streams is extremely good. We tested streams on all four channels on a modest interest connection and also had no trouble or buffering issues whatsoever. There really is really little to fault this addon with in terms of usability.
Is UKTV Play Legal?
In the UK, it is a legal requirement for anyone streaming live content online or watching BBC programs on-demand i order to possess a TV license. But, UKTV Play only offers shows on-demand and any BBC shows available do not fall under this legal requirement, so just no TV license is required.
Equally, all of the TV channels that are available on UKTV Play make this content available in order to stream for free on their website. Thus, users of UKTV play are not watching any content that they should be paying for and are not in breach of any copyright laws.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “UKTV Play on Kodi” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!