Unrooting Galaxy S5 is not an easy process and you guys have to go via some technical stuff. But if you guys have no option left apart from unrooting your Samsung Galaxy S5. Then here we have discussed some methods which would help you in order to unroot Samsung Galaxy S5. In this article, we are going to talk about the User Guide on UnRooting Galaxy S5 – Tutorial. Let’s begin!
Why Unroot Samsung Galaxy S5?
When rooting has numerous advantages, unrooting also has a few benefits.
- You can claim a warranty through sending your phone for repairs to Samsung. Manufacturers mostly reject warranty claims for rooted Android devices as well.
- Unrooting is also beneficial whenever you are selling your Galaxy S5. When you guys unroot your phone and sell it to someone, the buyer will then get a fresh phone along with a genuine firmware installed. A rooted smartphone might go for much less as well.
- Now install Over The Air updates from Samsung in order to get the latest features and bug fixes.
What can You Do Before You Unroot Samsung Galaxy S5
So, before unrooting your Galaxy S5, there are certain tips that you guys should follow. These tips will now make things a bit easier.
- You need to charge your phone at least 70% so that your phone has enough power during the unrooting process.
- Sync your Google account along with your Galaxy S5 so that you guys can get some of your data back.
- Now backup your Galaxy S5. There are many third-party apps that do a great job at backing up Android devices as well.
User Guide on UnRooting Galaxy S5 – Tutorial
Well, Samsung Galaxy S5 is undoubtedly one of the best Android smartphones that were basically launched way back in April 2014. The smartphone basically comes along with a massive 5-inch display that shares the resolution of 1080×1920 pixels as well. Samsung Galaxy S5 is heavily famous amongst users and it also offers some really impressive specifications. Well, talking about the specification, the smartphone packs 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage actually.
Not only that, but the smartphone also houses a 1.9Ghz octa-core processor as well. On the camera front, Samsung Galaxy S5 packs a 16 Megapixels primary camera and 2.1 Megapixels of a front-facing camera to take selfies. But, as we all know, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is an Android smartphone actually. So we can also improve our Android experience through rooting our Samsung Galaxy S5.
But, Android rooting also comes along with some pros and cons. Such as through root access, you guys can have full control over your Android smartphone, you can install any Custom ROM, remove bloatware, etc. Just like that, rooting also brings some disadvantages just like you will void your phone’s warranty. You guys might end up bricking your device during the root process, malware threats, and much more than that.
Further | unrooting galaxy s5
However, if you already have a rooted Android smartphone, then there are only a few options that are left for unrooting it. Talking about the rooted Samsung Galaxy S5, unrooting the smartphone isn’t an easy process and you have to go through some technical stuff as well.
How To Unroot Galaxy S5?
Well, in order to unroot your Samsung Galaxy S5, you have to follow some of the methods given below. We are now going to share two methods that would definitely help you to unroot your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone. However, there are some of the things which you guys need to make sure of before unrooting your device.
- You can charge Your Galaxy S5 at least 70%
- Also, create a proper backup of your data too
- Sync Your Google Account along with your Galaxy S5 in order to backup your contacts
How To Unroot Galaxy S5 via Odin?
Most of the Samsung smartphones are unrooted via Odin. But, as we have already mentioned early in the post, the process might look complicated too. However, this process works and it can also unroot your smartphone in just a few minutes.
- First of all, you guys have to download and install Samsung Kies on your Windows computer. You guys can get Samsung Kies from this link as well.
- In the next step, you have to download Odin on your computer from this link. Now extract the ZIP folder after you download Odin.
- After you download Odin on your PC, go to sammobile.com and samsung-update.com and then download your phone’s firmware on your PC. Well, you have to download the current firmware of your Samsung Galaxy S5 and when you download it, then extract the ZIP folder.
- Now you guys have to press and hold the home, volume down and power keys simultaneously until you see a warning screen actually. Now tap on the Volume UP key to enter into the download mode.
Then | unrooting galaxy s5
- Then connect the smartphone to your computer through a USB cable and Open Odin on your computer. You have to wait until Odin detects the smartphone, when you detect it, you will then see a success message.
- Now in the next step, you have to choose the firmware in Odin. For that, Tap on the AP button and then choose the .tar.md5 firmware file that you guys have extracted earlier.
- Then under the options, check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time. Then tap on Start in the Odin and then wait for the process in order to complete.
That’s just it, you are done now! The method will now unroot your Galaxy S5 in no-time. So, this is how you guys can use it to unroot your Samsung Galaxy S5 Android smartphone as well.
How To Unroot Galaxy S5 via SuperSU?
If you guys do not have a computer and still want to unroot your Galaxy S5 smartphone. Then you have to use SuperSU. Well, most probably, if you guys have a rooted Android smartphone, then you might be using SuperSU. So, here’s how you can unroot Galaxy S5 through SuperSU.
- First of all, you have to download and install SuperSU on your Android device. You can install the app from Google Play Store itself too.
- Now, just open the app and then click on the ‘Continue’ button on the pop-up.
- You might get another popup that will ask you to turn off KNOX. Tap on the ‘Cancel’ button. Now in the next popup, you need to tap on ‘OK’ to reboot your smartphone.
- Now just head to the Settings tab and then tap on ‘Full Unroot’. Just confirm the ‘Full Unroot’ through tapping on the ‘Continue’ button.
Detail | unrooting galaxy s5
Wait until the process completes and reboot your Android smartphone as well. That’s just it, you are done now! You guys have successfully unrooted your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone.
Well, rooting is actually one of the first things that Android users do right after you purchase a new smartphone. Rooting brings lots of benefits such as installing mods, flashing custom ROMs. However, it also brings a lot of disadvantages just like you will void the warranty, you might end up bricking your device actually.
Rooting Android is also an easy process and anyone can do that nowadays. However, things become difficult whenever it comes to unroot a rooted device. But, the second method which we have discussed in this article can be used to unroot the majority of smartphones available out there too. However, implementing these methods also needs some technical knowledge. Thus, you should attempt these methods at your own responsibility also.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “unrooting galaxy s5” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: How To Fix DISM Error 1726 – Remote Procedure Call Failed