Discord Nitro is a method for power users of some popular gaming chat app. Well, it is the premium subscription tier of some popular gaming chat service in the world. Also, it comes with world-wide access to custom emojis from all the channels you’re part of.
The discord is available in two variants: Nitro or Nitro Classic. There are also discounts for year-long subscriptions, with Nitro priced ranging at $99.99 per year, and Nitro Classic at $49.99 per year.
Paid vs. Free Discord
The Discord free version provides all the necessary features for communicating to your teammates, participating in channels, and begining a server of your own. Also, Nitro offers the following extra perks that might better your experience in Discord:
- Global emojis: Some Discord servers have custom emojis created by the server owner or community. However, you can use it on the servers on which they were made. Nitro lets people use any emoji they have in their library, on any server.
- Upgraded Go-Live streaming: Go-Live is a feature that enables you to stream your game to a small community of people. You can also stream round about 720p at 30 FPS on the free tier, or up to 1080p at 60 FPS on Classic, or at source quality on Nitro.
- Custom Discord tag: Every Discord username has a random, 4-digit number after it. Nitro enables you to modify that number to anything you like, whenever that name and number combination isn’t taken.
- Screen sharing: You can also share your screen with your loved ones in up to 1080p at 30 FPS or 720p at 60 FPS.
- Increased upload limit: You can only share files up to 8 MB, but Nitro subscribers or Nitro Classic can upload files up to 50 and 100 MB, respectively.
- Animated avatars: Paid subscribers can use animated GIFs as their avatar rather than of a static image.
All subscribers also allow a small badge located next to their username that displays they’re a Nitro user.
Trio -> Nitro, Nitro Classic, and Server Boosts
Besides from higher-quality streaming and the file-size limits, the major difference between the two subscription tiers is Nitro added to two server boosts. However, it costs $4.99 per month. The Classic tier has no boosts. However, both tiers get a 30% discount on boosting.
While making and executing a Discord server is free. Server boosts enable you to allow certain advantages to servers you own or frequently visit. But the paid tiers for servers to which its members can contribute. Every server on Discord has a level that allows it a certain amount of perks. But each level corresponds to boosts. For instance, getting a server to level 1 needs 2 boosts, level 2 needs 15 server boosts, and level 3 takes 30 boosts.
Here are the advantages of increasing a Discord server’s level:
- Extra community emoji slots (up to 250)
- The good audio quality for voice channels
- Better video quality for Go Live streams
- Increased upload limit for everyone on the server
- Custom server URL and banner
For active server owners, Discord Nitro is enough to provide their server Level 1. Owners also access to the Buy a Level feature, which enables them to quickly buy the number of boosts required to reach the next level. Server upgrades are also good for companies using Discord for workplace communication.
For members, boosts are an efficient way to show your support for a community you’re active in. Well, it is helpful if you’re engaged in a smaller, community-driven server.
Is Discord Nitro Worth It?
If you casually use Discord to voice chat with your loved ones during games or join the group community, you likely don’t want the power features of Nitro.
Also, after you daily use Discord, and it’s part lots of servers, you might get many uses out of Nitro’s global emoji system, better Go Live streaming and supercharge file-size limit. Also, you get Nitro Classic if you have no plans to boost a server.
In case. if you’re a community leader or creator who owns a server, Nitro worth it. The two server boosts price as much as a monthly Nitro subscription, without any advantages and 30% discount on future boosts.
Here’s all about “Discord Nitro”. Is this article helpful? If you want to share any informative thing regarding this article then let us know below. For further queries and questions let us know in the comment section below!