Snapchat is one of the most famous social media platforms in today’s day and age. And as the future of TikTok hangs in the balance, Snapchat is doing each and everything that it can to cater to its new userbase. They have also added new body lenses that permit you to compete in dance challenges. And have also introduce the ability to post short-form content to your account as well. However, if you are a new user then you guys might have noticed that your messages to different accounts on Snapchat are mostly ‘Pending’. Why is that? Let’s take a quick look at it as well. In this article, we are going to talk about What Does Pending Mean on Snapchat. Let’s begin!
What Does Pending Mean on Snapchat
A Snapchat “pending” label mostly appears under a friend’s name in the Chat tab. That is under a friend’s name on their profile, and within a DM or conversation as well. So, why does it say “pending” on Snapchat then? The “pending” label basically means that Snapchat hasn’t able to send it.
Unlike a generic error message, though, a Snapchat pending warning also means. That the app will continue to attempt in order to send until it’s either receive or you select to cancel the whole process manually.
This error is almost always caused via one of the following:
Have a Look
- The person hasn’t approved your friend request yet. Snapchat users must confirm a friend request before Snapchat can actually send a message to them.
- The person has unfriended you as well. While you may have been Snapchat friends in the past, but the user may have decided to trim their friend list.
- Your friend blocked you. Snapchat won’t really tell you if someone has blocked you. So this could be the reason for the pending message. Most of the time, someone who blocks you on Snapchat will be completely hidden from you, however.
- Your smartphone or tablet is not online. Snapchat won’t really work while offline and will show a “Waiting to send” pending message until your smart device reconnects to a cellular or Wi-Fi network as well.
- Your Snapchat account is restricted. If you’ve harassed other users or violated Snapchat policy, then your app’s functionality may be restricted actually.
- A random Snapchat app glitch. The app could be experiencing a bug or technical issue as well.
- Snapchat could be down. The whole Snapchat service could be temporarily down.
Snapchat says pending? Here’s why
There can be a lot of reasons why your message to someone is ‘Pending’ on Snapchat. Let’s take a look at some of the most common of them now.
You have not been added as a friend yet
The biggest reason why messages are pending on Snapchat is because of the fact. That you have not added as a friend yet via the receiver. If you are trying to message a new contact then this could be the case actually. They might still be busy and you would have to wait until your request is accept actually. So that the message reaches the concerned contact as well.
Network not available
If you guys are receiving ‘pending’ on Snapchat but you are friends. Then it could be a network issue actually. Your message could be pending on Snapchat if there is no internet connection available on your device actually. In such a case, Snapchat will basically save your message in the device’s cache and then send it when the device has access to the web.
If you guys are having mobile data or wifi issues, then this is likely the reason why your message is pending on Snapchat as well. If you have network connectivity, however, still feel that the Snapchat app is unable to receive a network connection. Then here are some quick fixes that you should try.
- First of all, restart Snapchat
- Check if Snapchat’s use of mobile data hasn’t restricted as well
- Turn Airplane mode on and off too
- Clear cache as well as data of the Snapchat app
- Restart your device as well
You were deleted or blocked via the receiver
Snapchat provides complete control to its users over their accounts in order to maintain privacy and make sure that their data is completely protected. This is why Snapchat will actually block access from unknown accounts until it has approved via the receiver. Messages from unknown accounts will also be classified as pending and they won’t be able to see your stories or your location.
If by any chance the receiver’s Snapchat account is public then you guys might be able to see their location and stories relying on their privacy settings. Your messages and Snaps however will remain pending until the person decides to accept them as well.
Snapchat friend’s account deleted
Snapchat also does not inform you when and if a friend’s account is deleted from Snapchat actually. The concern account will still show up in your friend list and also any chats between you two will also available under the ‘Chats’ section on Snapchat as well. But, all your messages and snaps to the person will save as pending until further notice as well.
How can you know when your ‘Pending’ message/snap has delivered?
When a pending Snapchat message is deliver, the status will then automatically changes to ‘Delivered’. You guys can keep a track of the status in your ‘Chats’ section as well. Snapchat however will not send you a notification for the status change and you guys will have to manually keep on checking it every chance you get. However, not ideal, this is the only way to know if your pending messages have delivered to the concerned person or not.
How To See Your Snapchat History?
Apart from Snapchat’s notifications, the history feature can also help you discover some important information about your interactions. Such as, you can find the exact date when you last snap along with someone.
In order to check your Snapchat activity, you guys will have to follow these easy steps:
- First of all, open your computer’s web browser
- Head to the Snapchat accounts website
- Then log in to your account
- Choose My Data
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and then tap on the Submit Request button
Snapchat will now send an email to the email address that’s basically connected to your Snapchat account. Clicking on the link in the email also lets you download the data that you have selected.
When your download is complete, then you can open the folder that you have download and choose the “HTML” subfolder. From there, you will be able to your whole Snapchat history through selecting the file you want to view.
An email will now be sent via Snapchat to your registered email address on your Snapchat account. Now login to your email account and tap on the link sent via Snapchat to you. When clicked, the download for your Snapchat data should automatically be initiated as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!