Among other debatable features on Android devices, the Infrared (IR) blaster tops the list actually. However, some users love having an IR blaster on their smartphone to control TV, AC, and many other electronic appliances, others loathe it as well. In this article, we are going to talk about What is Peel Remote -Disable and Uninstall Peel Remote. Let’s begin!
If your device has an IR port, you guys probably might be having Peel remote app too. For Samsung, HTC, and a few other devices that also have IR ports, the Peel remote app basically comes pre-installed. Although it’s a really useful app. Recent updates to it have upset users along with ads and lock screen overlays. If you are also facing such an issue and want to uninstall or turn off Peel remote app altogether, we are here to help you as well.
What is Peel Remote or Peel Mi Remote?
If your device has an IR port, then there is a good probability that Peel remote app (currently known as Peel Mi Remote) is already installed on your device actually. Manufacturers such as Samsung, HTC, and a few others pre-install this app on their devices before shipping actually. Even though this app is really useful at times, recent updates have ruined the user experience along with annoying ads and useless lock screen overlays. If you are one of the affected and want to uninstall or also disable Peel remote app completely, here goes the guide as well.
What is Peel Remote -Disable and Uninstall Peel Remote
- First of all, Head over to Settings.
- Now click on Apps and then scroll via the list and find the Peel Smart Remote application.
- Click on Force Stop and then click on Disable.
- Now you have to make your way back to Settings > Apps and click on the 3-dot button and then tap on Special access on your Samsung device or just simply search for “draw over” in Settings and toggle off the permission for Peel Smart Remote on many other OEM devices.
- Next, choose to Appear on top and toggle off the permission for Peel Smart Remote on your Samsung device. Or simply search for “modify settings” in Settings and then toggle off the permission for the Peel Smart remote when again on other OEM devices as well.
- Head back and then choose Change system settings and toggle off the permission for the Peel Remote application.
When you turn off the app, it will be restored to the original factory version and won’t show up in the app drawer. In order to turn on it again, repeat the above steps and choose “Enable”.
That’s just it, the Peel Remote would no longer show up on the lock screen or any other area of your Android device as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!