If you guys are facing the error message “Your Windows License Will Expire Soon” then don’t worry as in this article. You guys will find a few ways in order to fix this Activation error. The problem also seems to be occurring randomly on users who have successfully activated their Windows. In this article, we are going to talk about How to Fix Your Windows License is About to Expire Error. Let’s begin!
However, after a few months of use, they are faced with this error message actually. You guys check the error message in Settings, tap on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings. Then click on the Update & Security icon, and under Activate Windows you guys will see the following error message:
Your Windows License Will Expire on Monday, November 2018. Just contact your system administrator to get a product key. Error code: 0xC004F074
Now under the above error message, you guys will see an Activate button. However, nothing happens whenever you click on it. It actually seems like the traditional way of activating Windows doesn’t even seem to work. So just don’t worry; we will still activate Windows via alternative methods.
How to Fix Your Windows License is About to Expire Error
There can be many causes because of which the above error message occurs. Still, a few of them are corrupted Windows system files, outdated drivers, incompatible software as well as hardware, incorrect configuration of registry, or group policy editor too.
You have to make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Before continuing, just make sure you have your Windows product key written somewhere safe when you will need it later on. If you guys don’t then either follow this guide in order to retrieve your product key or open cmd. And then just use the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
As soon as you guys hit Enter, then you will see the license key displayed below OA3xOriginalProductKey. Just copy and paste this license key in a notepad file then move this file to a USB drive and just write it down somewhere safe to easily access it later.
- You have to open Command Prompt. The user can also perform this step via searching for ‘cmd’ and then pressing Enter.
- Then type the following command into cmd and click on Enter:
- As soon as you guys click on Enter, this will reset the licensing status on your Windows.
- Just reboot your PC in order to save changes.
If you guys are still facing the Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error on Windows 10, then don’t worry, continue with the next method.
Turn off Windows License Manager Service
- First of all, tap on Windows Key + R and then type services.msc and hit Enter.
- You have to search for Windows License Manager Service then double-click on it in order to open its Properties.
- Tap on Stop then from Startup type drop-down, then choose Disabled.
- Now reboot your PC to save changes as well.
- Now see if you guys are able to Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error. If not then just make sure to choose “Automatic” from the Startup type drop-down in the Windows License Manager Service Properties window as well.
Rebuild the Tokens.dat file in Windows 10
The Activation tokens file for Windows 10 is basically located at:
For Windows 7: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WSLicense
Many times this activation tokens file gets corrupted due to which you are facing the above error message. In order to Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error, you have to rebuild this token file.
- Forst of all, open Command Prompt. The user can perform this step via searching for ‘cmd’ and then clicking on Enter.
- Then type the following command into cmd and then click on Enter after each one:
net stop sppsvc cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WSLicense ren tokens.dat tokens.bar net start sppsvc cscript.exe %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /rilc
- When you finish, reboot your PC in order to save changes.
- Now after the PC restarts, you will have to re-enter the product key and then reactivate your Windows copy.
Restart Windows Explorer process
- Tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together in order to launch the Task Manager.
- You can find explorer.exe in the list then right-click on it and then select End Task.
- Now, this will close the Explorer, and in order to rerun it, tap on File > Run new task.
- Then type explorer.exe and hit OK in order to restart the Explorer.
- When Windows Explorer restart, then search for ‘cmd’ in the Window searching bar and then click on Enter.
- Just type the following command and click on Enter:
- Now just reboot your PC to save changes and then see if you’re able to Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon Error on Windows 10.
Change Product Key
- Tap on Windows Key + I in order to open Settings then tap on the Update & Security icon.
- Now from the left-hand menu, choose Activation, and then click on the Change product key.
- Type the Product key that you saved using the command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
- When you typed the product key, then tap on Next to continue.
- This should help you guys activate your Windows, if not then continue along with the next method.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!