TVCatchup is a very famous video Kodi addon that lets you stream all kinds of UK live TV channels from one place to another actually. The addon is completely legal to use and you guys can also stream all the channels without even paying any money. The main disadvantage of the TVCatchup addon is that it is accessible only in the UK and the outside users must use VPN in order to access this addon. In this article, we are going to talk about How to XBMC TVCatchup Kodi Add-on – All UK Channels. Let’s begin!
Use a VPN for XBMC TVCatchup
Well, whenever your Internet Provider suspects you might be violating their terms and conditions. Which they could because they could be monitoring your activity, they might send you copyright infringement notices, throttle down your speed, or simply interrupt your service actually. A VPN will avoid your ISP from seeing what you’re doing via encrypting your data. Moreover, using a VPN will let you access geo-blocked content through spoofing your location.
When selecting amongst the VPN suppliers—and there are quite a few of them out there. You should consider a few important factors like fast connection speeds to prevent buffering, no-logging policies. in order to protect your privacy, no usage restrictions to access any content at full speed and software that is available for all your devices actually.
We’ve tested a lot of VPN and, for Kodi users and we recommend IPVanish. Along with a worldwide network, no speed cap or throttling, unlimited bandwidth and unrestricted traffic actually, a no-logging policy, and client software available for many platforms, IPVanish matches all our requirements as well.
Installing the TVCatchup.com Kodi Add-on
Installing the TVCatchup.com add-on for Kodi is actually different from what you might be used to if you guys have previously installed other add-ons. However, we install most add-ons from a repository, we install this one from within another add-on: Indigo too.
The Indigo add-on is actually a multi-purpose add-on whose primary goal is just to keep your Kodi installation clean. It’s also got a combination of cleanup and maintenance tasks as well as a nice package installer built right into it. If you guys want to know more about Indigo, we’ve recently published a great article about it: How you can Install the Indigo (Fusion) Installer on Kodi.
Here’s what we’ll need to do in order to install the TVCatchup.com add-on. First of all, we’ll install the new Fusion repository after configuring the proper installation source. We’ll then install the Indigo add-on as well. Afterward, we’ll use the Indigo package installer in order to install the actual TVCatchup.com add-on. There are quite a few steps, however, if you follow them carefully, then you’ll install the add-on in no time. Let’s go!
Before you guys begin, make sure to enable Unknown Sources in Kodi as well. If you’ve installed other add-ons before, then chances are they already are. In order to verify that, from the Kodi home screen, just tap the Settings icon (the little gear icon at the top left). Just tap on System Settings first and then Add-ons on the left pane and also make sure the switch next to Unknown Sources is on. When on, the switch will be white actually.
Add the Installation Source
- From the Kodi home screen, you guys have to tap on the Settings icon (the small gear at the top left) and then File Manager. From the file manager screen, just double-tap on Add-Source in the left pane.
- Tap None, then enter the source path exactly as follows: “https://fusion.tvaddons.co” (without the quotes) in the box at the top of the screen, and click OK.
- Also, make sure you enter a name for this source in the appropriate field (I named it NewFusion) then tap on OK.
Install the New Fusion Repository
- After disappearing earlier this year, the Fusion repository is also back in a brand-new location. You’ll find many add-ons in this repo, also including the one we’re currently seeking: Indigo.
- From the Kodi home screen, press Add-ons in the left pane and then tap on the Package Browser icon (the little open box) at the top left of the screen.
- Choose Install from ZIP file then, on the next screen, and choose the source we just added (NewFusion).
- Tap on Begin-here first and then plugin.program.indigo-X.X.X.zip in order to start the installation.
- It takes a while, however, after a few moments, a message at the top right of the screen will confirm the successful installation of the Indigo add-on. We’re now ready for the next step as well.
Install the actual XBMC TVCatchup Add-on
- From the Kodi home screen, just tap on Add-ons on the left pane. Then, press either Program add-ons or Video add-ons, and find the Indigo add-on Icon, and tap on it.
- The first time it is run, then the Indigo add-on installs a few extra components and then shows its main menu actually.
- The TVCatchup.com add-on is basically installed from the Indigo Addon Installer so let’s just click that option from the main menu. Then, tap Video Addons, then “T”. Now find the TVCatchup.com add-on in the list and tap on it.
- Press Install in the confirmation dialog box that opens and wait while Indigo installs the TVCatchup.com add-on and any of its dependencies. After a while, this message box will pop up actually.
- You have to restart Kodi for the add-on to work correctly. Just press the Restart button. Relying on your platform, you guys might need to manually restart Kodi.
- After restarting Kodi, head to Add-ons, then Video add-ons and you’ll find the TVCatchup.com icon. Tap on it to start the add-on.
A Look at What the XBMC TVCatchup Icon Has to Offer You
Well, the TVCatchup.com add-on’s name could lead us to believe that it’s about catching up on TV programs. You guys would think of it as an add-on where you’d find past episodes of TV series actually. It is not what is it at all. It’s just the name is a bit of a misnomer and TVCatchup.com is all about live TV, not catching up actually.
However, if live IPTV is what you want and if you’re a fan of British TV. Then you’ll absolutely love this add-on that has a definite British flavor as well. Upon starting the add-on and seeing its main menu, you’ll also have no doubt about its origins.
TVCatchup.com is not only a Kodi add-on and it’s also a website and also a set of apps for Android, iOS, and also the Kindle Fire. That actually claims to offer “access to the UK’s most-watched channels”. The corresponding Kodi add-on is basically just a front-end to the website and it also offers the same content.
The TVCatchup.com Channel Lineup
So, here’s a list of the available channels on the TVCatchup.com Kodi add-on.
- Al Jazeera is actually the English version of the world-famous Qatari news channel
- BBC Alba is a Scottish Gaelic language digital television channel jointly owned via the BBC and MG Alba
- BBC Four is basically a channel from the BBC that provides “an alternative to programs on the mainstream TV channels”
- CBBC is the children’s TV service from the BBC as well
- BBC News is Britain’s primary news channel actually
- BBC One is UK’s first public broadcaster; and TVCatchup.com also offers three extra, regional feeds from Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales too
- CBeebies is a BBC service along with programming aimed at encouraging “learning through play in a consistently safe environment for children aged 6 or under” actually
- Also, BBC Parliament is a specialized channel along with live and recorded coverage of the House of Commons, House of Lords and choose Committees of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, the Scottish Parliament, the London Assembly, the Northern Ireland Assembly, and the Welsh Assembly as well.
- CGTN is actually a 24-hour English news channel, of China Central Television (CCTV). That is based in Beijing
- BBC Red Button is basically a digital interactive television service provided via the BBC
- BBC Two is a channel from the BBC that focuses on more “intellectual” programming
- Channel 4 is also a British public-service television broadcaster now owned and operated via a public corporation of the Department for Culture, Media & Sport
What’s More XBMC TVCatchup
- Community Channel is a private UK channel that basically focuses on community-oriented stories and documentaries as well
- Create and Craft and its three sister channels, Craft Extra, Ideal Extra, and Ideal World, are actually a family of shopping channels owned via Ideal Shopping Direct Limited
- Five is a British commercial TV broadcaster as well
- France 24 is actually the English version of the Paris-based French 24 hours news channel
- ITV is UK’s oldest private broadcaster, that offers a variety of content.
- Millennium TV is another community-oriented channel along with a huge variety of content
- Quest is a channel operated via Discovery Networks Northern Europe that provides factual, lifestyle, entertainment programs
- QVC, QVC Beauty, QVC Extra and QVC Style is also another British family of shopping channels
- RT is actually the British arm of the RT network, a global multilingual television news network based in Moscow and subsidized via the Russian government
- S4C is a Welsh-language public-service television channel based in Cardiff as well
- TV Warehouse is an infomercial-based shopping channel acually
- VIVA is basically a music television channel in the United Kingdom and Ireland, kind of like a British MTV actually
As you can see, there is content for almost everyone and this add-on can probably give a free alternative to most UK cable subscriptions.
XBMC TVCatchup Pros
One thing that I really appreciate about this add-on is its simplicity. With a single menu, navigating it can’t be any easier actually. And to make selecting a channel even easier, the main menu, whenever viewed as an icon wall, shows what’s currently playing on each and every channel. Moreover, the add-on works well most of the time and appears to be well-maintained via its developers. When I first installed it, I found a few channels that were not working. However, the developer released a new version a few days later. That had fixed or removed all the dead sources as wll.
XBMC TVCatchup Cons
Just like many others, this add-on also has a few issues. The main one is actually the quality of the streams that is not always the best. Some feeds seem to be of lower quality and some show major buffering pauses as well. Others just completely stop playing after a while actually. Although one can expect that along with that kind of technology. Small hindrances instantly sum up to be somewhat of an annoyance as well.
It also seems to have recently improved, though, along with the release of the latest version. In order to make sure you guys have the latest version, choose the add-on icon, hit the “C” key, or right-tap on the icon, select Information, and, in the screen that opens, tap on Update.
In the next dialog box, just make sure you press the source from the BludhavenGrayson Add-ons repository in order to install the latest version.
Other Add-ons You Might Like
The TVCatchup.com add-on mainly appeals to two audiences actually: live IPTV viewers and British TV aficionados as well.
On the other hand, if what you guys are fond of is British TV, the UK Turk Playlists add-on might be just what you need actually. Install UK Turk Playlists Add-on for Kodi, Working Sources, and Repos as well. As its name suggests it features both British and Turkish content too. You guys will also find content from around the world and also the add-on includes both live feeds and pre-recorded content as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “XBMC TVCatchup” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!