Minecraft has remained one of the most famous gaming titles on many platforms. Known for its open-world survival mode that is also open to tons of modifications and customization, Minecraft never fails to give entertainment and thrill to its avid fans as well. In this article, we are going to talk about Best Ways to Zoom in Minecraft – User Guide. Let’s begin!
If you guys just recently discovered or played Minecraft. Then maybe you are wondering how you can zoom in to particular objects that are hard to see on a typical field of view. But Minecraft doesn’t really come with a zoom-in feature built-in, the Minecraft community has also come up along with a few solutions. In order to the lack of features and even built a dedicated mod that adds zoom capabilities to the game.
The game needs you to mine resources and use them to create worlds of your choice from ground zero. Also, defend your base from enemies, and then try and find newer elements that you can use for your world. Because it involves breaking stuff and then creating even more complex items. You guys might want to zoom in on certain scenes to use blocks and tools in a better fashion as well.
Best Ways to Zoom in Minecraft – User Guide
Use low field of view
Minecraft permits you to change what’s visible on the screen through adjusting your Field of View or FOV. The higher the FOV value, the more things you’ll see in your view as well. If you choose a lower FOV value, you will be able to get a zoomed-in view of your world. You can hence zoom in on your Minecraft screen adjusting the field of seeing to a lower value.
- Whenever inside the Minecraft window, tap on the Esc key on your keyboard to get to the Game menu.
- Inside the Game menu, just tap on the Options box.
- In this screen, you guys can adjust your field of view via sliding the tool inside FOV to the left.
Sliding the FOV to the left will also show you lesser details via zooming in.
- After setting a certain FOV value, just tap on Done at the bottom of the Options screen. In order to save the changes and then tap on ‘Back to Game’.
Your Minecraft window will also now be zoomed in.
Use the OptiFine Mod | Zoom in Minecraft
Here’s all you have to know about using Optifine Mod to zoom in Minecraft.
How can you install Optifine mod on Windows, macOS, and Linux
- In order to use the OptiFine Mod, you’ll have to download and then install the Java SE Development Kit 14 for your PC from the links given below.
Just follow the instructions given on the installer to successfully install Java SE on your PC.
- Download the OptiFine Mod for Minecraft on your PC. For the mod to work along with the latest version of Minecraft. Head over to the OptiFine Mod page and tap on ‘Preview versions’ at the top which will now show the latest preview build for Minecraft version 1.15 as well.
- Open the .jar file corresponding to the OptiFine Mod and tap on Install. After the installation is done, tap on OK. This will install the OptiFine Mod as a module inside Minecraft as well.
- Just open the Minecraft launcher.
- Check if the OptiFine Mod has been loaded onto the game. If it has, then you will see Optifine inside a box at the bottom on the left-hand side of the Play button as well
- If you guys don’t see it, and tap on the box next to the Play button (that will likely read ‘Latest release’) and choose Optifine.
- Tap on the Play button inside the Minecraft launch and then load a game.
- Whenever playing the game, press and hold the ‘C’ key on your keyboard in order to zoom in to a scene or object that’s located in the center of your screen. You can tap on the key whenever you want to zoom in at a given time. The zoom effect will look something like this:
That’s just it! You have successfully enabled the OptiFine mod inside Minecraft in order to zoom in on your gameplay.
How can you change the hotkey for zoom?
You can also change the hotkey if you installed OptiFine Mod within the game’s settings when playing the game. You can do that via following the steps below:
- When on the gameplay screen, tap on the Esc key on your keyboard and click on the Options button inside the Game Menu.
- Inside the Options menu, then tap on the Controls button.
- Now scroll down and find the section labeled ‘Miscellaneous’ and set a hotkey for the Zoom function. By default, this key is set as ‘C’, you can also change this to whichever key on your keyboard.
Note: The key that you guys set here should not have previously been set as a shortcut for another function inside the game.
OptiFine not loading on Minecraft launcher? Then try this
If the OptiFine Mod is not really appearing inside the Minecraft launcher. Then you will have to load it manually. You can do that via following the steps below:
- First of all, open the Minecraft launcher on your PC.
- Tap on the Installations tab at the top and press the ‘+ New’ button at the top.
- Inside the ‘Create new installation’ window, and choose OptiFine as your choose release and click on Create.
Optifine should be available like an option inside the Installations tab and you guys can start playing the game along with the new mod via clicking the Play button adjacent to Optifine as well.
still not working?
Because the “OptiFine 1.15.2 HD U G1 pre18” is actually a preview release. There’s a likelihood that the version might not work for you if you guys are on the latest build of Minecraft. In case you’re still using Minecraft version 1.14 or older, then you can also download it. And then install the relevant OptiFine Mod for your version from OptiFine’s download page as well.
Use the macOS Accessibility option | Zoom in Minecraft
However, adjusting your FOV does give you some kind of a zoomed-in effect on Minecraft. Then you can also use macOS’ Accessibility settings to provide you a better zoom option. Here you are using an accessibility shortcut in order to manually zoom in and out of your Minecraft window.
- You have to open System Preferences from the dock at the bottom or using Spotlight.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- On the left sidebar, tap on Zoom and check the box adjacent to ‘Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom.
By default, the Control key is also assigned to be used as the modifier key in order to zoom in on a screen.
- (Optional): In order to change the modifier key, tap on the down arrow adjacent to the box under ‘Use scroll gesture along with modifier keys to zoom’ and choose your modifier key of choice – Option key, Command key, or Control key as well.
- Head over to the Minecraft window, hold the modifier key that you guys chose and scroll up and down on the screen in order to zoom in or out.
You will now be able to tap and hold the modifier key and scroll up along with your mouse to zoom in on Minecraft.
Use zoomed-out maps instead | Zoom in Minecraft
Besides using the zoom functionality, you guys might also want to use maps for navigating inside Minecraft with ease. Whenever playing in survival mode or with other players, maps can be a really handy tool to let you see your surroundings, avoid you from getting lost, and defend your home whenever the time comes.
How can you create a map inside Minecraft?
You can also create a map whenever playing Minecraft and use it to get a zoom-out view of your world.
- Collect the items required in order to create a Map. These include sugar cane (to create paper), a compass, and a crafting table as well.
- In order to create 9 pieces of paper, you have to open the crafting table, place 3x sugar canes each in the bottom left, bottom center, and bottom right squares, and click on the paper icon on the right box. After the paper is created, you have to move it to the inventory.
- Now we can proceed in order to create a map. Inside the crafting grid, place the compass in the middle square and also paper in all the other remaining squares.
- Choose the yellow paper from the right box and move it to your inventory. Your map is now ready and you can also use it to navigate around your globe.
- You can use the map via selecting it in the Equip bar at the bottom of the game screen and then right-clicking (tapping and holding on mobile) on your mouse.
Zoomed-out map in Minecraft
After you create a map, you will then notice that it is set a certain zoom value. You can, however, turn on a more zoomed-out map on Minecraft via expanding it to contain a larger view of your world. In order to get a zoomed-out map, just follow the instructions below:
- Make sure you guys have created a map of your world from the method above and collect 32 pieces of paper. You need 32 pieces since you can create a zoomed-out view of your map in 4 levels and you need 8 pieces of paper at each level.
- Open your crafting table, then add your map to the center square.
- You have to move a piece of paper to the rest of the squares inside the crafting grid as well.
- Choose and move the resulting map to your inventory.
- Repeat the steps further via placing the newly made map at the center each and every time you want to zoom out.
You can also achieve maximum zoom via repeating the steps (Step 1 to Step 4) 3 more times (after the first time). That will create 2048×2048 blocks. You can equip the map and walk around your world to register all of its elements and landmarks as well.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!