Popcorn Time is an amazing way to watch movies online, however, it is blocked in a lot of regions worldwide unless you use a VPN. But not just any VPN provider will do; you guys want an app that will unblock Popcorn Time when preserving your connection speeds for fast, buffer-free streams. In this article, we are going to talk about Best VPNs for Popcorn Time – You should Know. Let’s begin!
What is Popcorn Time?
Popcorn Time is actually a free open-source streaming service that runs on a torrenting client. It takes away the difficult task of having users leech torrents and rather offers a media player that lets actually you stream content of torrents.
Well, this is mostly why it’s gained popularity over the years. It works a little just like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other streaming services, but it’s not quite the same.
When it comes to ease of use and movie availability, it’s tough to beat Popcorn Time. The free, open-source, multi-platform software leverages the power of torrents in order to provide fast access to all the streaming content that you can imagine. TV shows and movies are at your fingertips and packaged in a slick Netflix-like interface that’s extremely easy to browse through as well.
What makes a good streaming Popcorn Time VPN?
Finding a good Popcorn Time VPN can be a really tricky task. Speed is necessary, as streaming videos uses up a lot of bandwidth, and also even the slightest drop can actually cause stuttering. Some VPNs give speed boosts via skimping on encryption and privacy measures. A practice that just won’t work for Popcorn Time actually. We weighed privacy practices against speed tests in order to find the VPN providers best suited for video streaming on Popcorn Time, hands down.
- Download speeds. You guys can’t watch a movie if you can’t download it. Popcorn Time leverages the power of torrents in order to pull data from a cloud of users across the web. However, if your VPN can’t handle the traffic, then you’re out of luck. Speed results will vary relying on your location as well as the location of the VPN server you’re connected to. We found the VPN providers along with the best overall speed scores so you won’t have to wait to start the stream on Popcorn Time.
- Bandwidth limitations. Some VPN providers put caps on the amount you can download each and every month. Most of the time throttling speeds once you reach a certain point. Unlimited transfers are a must for via Popcorn Time, and all of the VPNs below are free of cost from traffic limitations of any kind.
- File restrictions. Many VPNs forbid many types of files from passing through their network. Along with P2P connections and torrent files sitting at the top of the list. Without even torrent traffic Popcorn Time is practically useless, so we made sure our VPN selections never restrict what you guys can download, especially whenever it comes to torrents.
- Simultaneous connection. Popcorn Time is also available for a number of operating systems. That includes Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. With the software on these devices along with a VPN normally wouldn’t be a problem. However, if you use too many at once, issues could arise, as VPNs restrict the number of devices that can actually connect at any given time. In order to make sure everyone can watch movies when they want. We favored VPNs with high simultaneous connection numbers or alternative options in order to extend the default range.
- Privacy features and logging policy. Privacy is extremely essential in a VPN, especially whenever it comes to logging. VPNs cater to this via adopting a zero-logging policy. That makes it nearly impossible for third parties to access collected data because none of it exists. Having features such as an automatic kill switch and DNS leak protection to cut off accidental unsecured connections are also must-haves for Popcorn Time users.
- Platform availability. If you guys can install Popcorn Time on an operating system. Then you should be able to install your VPN on the same device, plain and simple as well.
Best VPNs for Popcorn Time – You should Know
- Highly affordable plans
- Most VPN servers along with different IP addresses
- 256-bit AES encryption along with perfect forward secrecy too
- No logs and encrypted connections for perfect privacy
- Customer Service (24/7 Chat).
- Really little
- Apps can sometimes be slow in order to connect.
NordVPN does something interesting along with its servers to deliver fast speeds. Rather than distributing general-purpose machines that handle all of the network’s traffic. Servers are tuned to handle many types of transfers more efficiently. There are servers for torrent downloads. Such as, which makes Popcorn Time surprisingly fast on the NordVPN network.
Alongside server specialization, NordVPN also features unlimited bandwidth, no traffic cops, a zero-logging policy, and also no restrictions on torrent or P2P traffic. The network is more than 5,500 servers, that covers 58 countries and thousands of proxies. There’s also NordVPN’s signature double encryption in order to make sure data remains safe.
Safety features in NordVPN’s software basically include DNS leak protection as well as an automatic kill switch. Most of the VPN providers reserve these extras for Mac and Windows users. However, NordVPN adds support for iOS devices as well, making it one of the more secure mobile VPNs around.
- SPECIAL OFFER: 3 months for free (49% off – link below)
- Reliable and fast connections as well
- It supports ALL devices
- Strict no-logging policy as well
- Great support (24/7 chat) too.
- A month-to-month plan has actually a high cost.
Speed is something that ExpressVPN specializes in. As a provider, ExpressVPN provider has some of the fastest speed test results around as well. Scoring high for servers located in large cities as well as most of the mid-sized towns. In all, there are up to 3,000 global servers in 94 countries. So even if you do get a sluggish connection it’s just highly likely you can find a faster one with a little experimentation actually. ExpressVPN also does not limit bandwidth and doesn’t block torrent or P2P traffic. And actually has a strict zero-logging policy in order to keep your privacy a top priority.
Furthermore | VPNs for Popcorn Time
A definite standout feature for ExpressVPN is basically built-in speed tests for the Windows, Mac, and Android versions of the software as well. If your Popcorn Time downloads are on the slow side, then simply access the menu and run an instant speed test. In order to see if it’s the VPN or the file that you’re streaming. If it’s the former, switch servers, run the test again, then resume when guys you’ve found a fast connection.
Device limitations end up being a slight drawback along with ExpressVPN. Only three simultaneous connections are allowed at one time, a number that can be expanded via upgrading your plan. The provider also offers software for all the same platforms that Popcorn Time covers. However, connecting them simultaneously could be an issue actually.
Zero-logging is a really high priority for ExpressVPN. The provider also delivers DNS leak protection built into its custom software along with the Network Lock Kill Switch actually. In order to make sure data never leaves your Windows or Mac device unencrypted.
PureVPN basically aims for extensibility along with its network of servers. 180 locations are represented, that span 141 countries with up to 2,000 servers to select from. However, most VPN users think of this level of variety as censorship workarounds. Popcorn Time users that are looking for boosts in speed can use it. In order to find a fast connection any time of day as well. PureVPN also lets you test those speed scores directly from the site actually.
PureVPN basically pairs this large network along with unlimited data. ISP throttling workarounds, simultaneous connections for more than five devices, and also a great zero-logging policy as well. The company also encrypts traffic along with 256-bit AES and comes along with a kill switch for Windows and Mac to avoid data leaks.
PureVPN plans come along with a 7-day money-back guarantee. Just try it out, see if the speed scores keep your streams smooth and uninterrupted as well.
Avoid free VPNs for Popcorn Time streaming
Picking an affordable, safe Popcorn Time VPN provider that basically suits all of your browsing and streaming needs can take some time. Well, it’s tempting to use one of the many free VPN solutions advertised on banners and websites around the web. However, as many VPN users are also aware, this is a really dangerous idea.
It actually costs money to operate a virtual private network. A business that offers free service has to recuperate costs some other way as well. The most common methods of doing this basically involve injecting ads into user’s connections, skimping on encryption. Or also even selling the real user data they promised in order to protect. Free VPNs tend to be sluggish and aren’t guaranteed in order to offer any privacy or anonymity. That makes them extremely poor choices for use along with Popcorn Time.
How can you fix Popcorn Time VPN slowdown?
VPNs give a vital service to modern internet users, however, added encryption and anonymity comes at the cost of speed. VPN services are actually slower than local ISPs, often dropping via 10-20% for the top tier providers or double that for bad connections. It’s a frustration each and every user has to deal with. But there are some workarounds for your Popcorn Time VPN that can actually help.
VPN Workaround 1: Switch VPN servers
VPN connection speed is directly related to the distance between your location and the server that you are connected to. The farther your data has to travel, the longer it takes, it’s just that simple. If you guys aren’t getting a fast enough stream from that VPN server on the other side of the globe. Then switch to one closer by, and see if that improves the numbers.
VPN Workaround 2: Set new encryption levels
Well, encrypting data takes time, and it also increases the size of the packets that travel via your connection. Most of the encryption processes add 20-50% to the overall size of every packet. Serious numbers that basically add up for basic web browsing tasks, let alone streaming movies. In order to combat this, some VPN providers permit you to decrease the level of encryption active on your connection. If your stream is sluggish, and try to lower the encryption.
VPN Workaround 3: Check your own connection
The VPN might not be at fault for your slow speeds as well. ISPs mostly throttle certain ports and resulting in narrower bandwidth whenever your VPN software is active. Many good VPN apps actually let you change ports and protocols to work around this. Security software like firewalls and antivirus programs can also cause a slow connection speed, as will using Wi-Fi rather than a wired connection.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “VPNs for Popcorn Time” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!