Well, Dandy Media Repowas one of the victims of the late 2017 DMCA takedowns. The same wave of attacks that crippled SuperRepo, Cazwall, Colossus, and also so many others. Dandy provided a great selection of movies, TV shows, documentaries, and also cartoon sources that were pretty easy to use and offered high-quality streams. Without Dandy, we’re stuck looking for alternatives in order to get our fix. In this article, we are going to talk about the Best Alternatives of Dandy Media Repo You can Use. Let’s begin!
Kodi’s third-party add-on community has risen to the challenge to give replacements for all of Dandy Media’s content. We have now gathered some of the best add-ons and repositories below, and actually both from official and unofficial sources, in order to help keep your streams alive and well.
Always Use a VPN with Kodi
Online privacy is actually a growing concern that more folks are starting to take note of, especially along with net neutrality laws on the chopping block actually. Kodi users are also aware of these issues, as well, all thanks to the increased scrutiny Kodi streams are now receiving from ISPs attempting to cut down on piracy as well.
If you guys stream a movie, your activity may be monitored and shared along with other businesses. You can put a stop to this via running a VPN every time you use Kodi. VPNs encrypt data leaving your device. That makes it impossible for anyone else to read. ISPs can’t tell what you’re streaming, government agencies can’t really track your location, and hackers can’t actually steal your data. Along with a VPN you get to enjoy safe and anonymous downloads and video streams on each device.
Finding the best VPN to use along with Kodi can be a hassle. We’ve researched and ranked some of the tops in the industry to give what we think is the best choice, listed below.
Well, the two biggest factors in picking a good VPN are speed and privacy. Unfortunately, these two features are mostly at odds with each other. The better the privacy, the slower the connection, right? VPNs can offset this via building faster networks and fine-tuning their software. IPVanish is one such VPN, and they also may have reached the perfect balance of security and speed. With IPVanish your data stays safe along with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and also an automatic kill switch. Connections are handled via a huge network of 850 servers in 60 different countries. That means a fast, lag-free VPN is always at your fingertips.
What to Do Now that Dandy Media is Down
Nobody likes it whenever a repository goes down. Not only does it mean that you have to scramble to find add-on replacements, however, you’re also in danger of stumbling across rogue developers. That injects malicious code into seemingly familiar repos. You guys may think this strange new “DanDY mEeDia” repository is actually a revival of your old favorite, however, in reality, it’s just a pile of malware waiting to infect your system. Before you guys trample off to look for Dandy Media Repo alternatives and take a few quick precautions to keep your system safe.
Turn Off Automatic Updates
Automatic updates are mostly a good thing, but in the case of Kodi add-on shutdowns, and they can be a liability. If another group gains control of a closed repo’s servers actually. Then they can switch out the zip files along with infected code that will automatically download in order to Kodi users. In order to keep yourself safe, just simply turn off automatic updates from Kodi’s settings menu.
- First starting at the home menu, then tap on the gear icon in the navigation bar.
- Select System settings.
- Check the gear at the bottom left. If it doesn’t say Expert, then just tap on until it does.
- Choose Add-ons.
- Tap on Updates, then change the text in order to Notify, but don’t install updates.
- Tap on Escape in order to keep using Kodi.
Uninstall Dandy Repo
Along with updates turned off, your next task is basically to remove the disabled repository. Dandy isn’t working, so just why keep the files hanging around your system? Follow the steps below to delete the repository and keep things tidy actually.
- Head to Kodi’s main menu (tap on Escape a few times).
- Choose Add-ons from the left bar, then click My Add-ons.
- Select the Add-on repository option near the top.
- Scroll down to Dandy Media and then choose it.
- In the next window, tap on the Uninstall button in the lower right.
- A window pops open that asks you “Are you sure?”. Tap on Yes.
- Dandy will be removed from your system as well.
If you guys want to go the extra mile, go ahead and delete the Dandy Media repo source URL. So you don’t accidentally try to install it again in the future. Note that this only applies if you didn’t install the repository via adding the zip file manually.
- Tap on the gear icon on the main menu.
- Select the File Manager option.
- Scroll down to the Dandy Media Repository source entry and then highlight it.
- Right-click, or just use your device’s menu option in order to bring up an actions menu.
- Select Remove source from the list.
- A window pops open asking “Are you sure?” as well. Press Yes.
- The source will be deleted from your list immediately actually.
Watch Out for Fakes
Another trick employed via bad actors is to release new versions of a shut-down repository in an effort in order to trick users into installing it. Just because you guys see “safe and working!!!” doesn’t mean the file is the real thing. Just stick to reliable repositories and only download Dandy Media from the original developers if they actually resume work on the project.
Best Alternatives of Dandy Media Repo You can Use
Replacing Dandy Media repo is no easy task as well. The repo came along with a lot of strong content covering a wide range of topics, each and everything from cartoons to documentaries, movies to TV shows. There are a handful of add-ons that come really close to emulating the Dandy experience, however. Just check out our collection of official and unofficial repos below.
Official Kodi Repository
A lot of users skip over Kodi’s official repository, however, they shouldn’t! Official add-ons come packaged with each and every Kodi install and are fast and easy to use. They actually access a good variety of content from around the globe, and best of all, each one is 100% free of cost, legal, and safe to use. Spend some time looking via the official Kodi repository in order to see what you can discover, or just use our list below to start this.
Got the urge in order to watch some cartoons? Believe it or not, so did folks in the early 1900s, that is why Toonjet exists! This straightforward add-on pulls from a variety of sources in order to deliver free and legal cartoons from the early era of animation. Merrie Melodies, Betty Boop, Popeye, and much more, dozens upon dozens of episodes are all just a few taps away.
Toonjet is actually part of Kodi’s official add-on and can be installed along with just a few quick steps:
- Head to Kodi’s home menu, then select Add-ons from the navigation bar.
- Click the box icon and select Install from repository.
- Press the Kodi Add-on repository.
- Now navigate to the Video add-ons folder near the bottom.
- Scroll down and choose Toonjet.
- Tap on the Install button.
- After a moment you guys can access the add-on from the main menu.
What’s on Toonjet?
As the add-on itself describes, all the coolest old cartoons you guys can imagine! Toonjet collects dozens of classic shows along with hundreds of episodes each, giving a limitless selection of short, however, funny diversions from animation’s golden era. Below are some of the main menu that offers you can select from.
- Highest Rated – See what everyone else has enjoyed and found something that also catches your eye.
- Most Viewed – Just take a look at the cartoons more find are clicking on.
- More Classics – Dig through things such as Silly Symphonies, forgotten Disney releases, Aesop’s Fables, and much more.
- Betty Boop – The ole gal is as sassy as ever in these classics as well.
- Felix – That causes trouble wherever he goes.
- Looney Tunes – Bugs Bunny, Elmer, Daffy, and all of your favorites from some of their earliest releases.
- Popeye – He’s strong to the finish ’cause he actually eats his spinach.
- Superman – Before rubber suits and CGI, and this classic superhero cartoon kept us enthralled.
- Tom and Jerry – From their black and white days in order to more modern releases.
- YouTube – See what free cartoons are floating around YouTube as well.
JohnLocker Documentary Videos
One of the nicest features in Dandy Media repo also was the selection of documentary sources. JohnLocker was actually founded in 2008 as a free information-sharing site focusing on documentary films that cover a wide range of topics. The Kodi add-on interfaces directly along with that website, delivering a really impressive variety of free documentaries you guys can watch from the comfort of your favorite device as well.
JohnLocker is a really quick install from the official Kodi repository, just follow the steps below and you’re all set.
- Run Kodi, then tap on Escape until you’re at the main menu.
- Head to Add-ons, then tap on the open box icon at the top of the bar.
- Select Install from repository.
- Just browse the Kodi Add-on repository.
- Choose the Video add-ons folder, and then find JohnLocker on the list.
- Tap on the Install button and wait for the process in order to complete.
- Moments later you’ll be able in order to access JohnLocker from the main add-ons menu
Unofficial Alternatives to Dandy Media
Are official add-ons not giving enough entertainment? Fear not, for Kodi’s community is actually here to help. Unofficial repositories source content from a wider variety of locations. That provides you access in order to TV shows and movies you could never find elsewhere. They can be filled along with dead links, low-quality sources, or even pirated media. However, it’s tough to argue along with the selection. Keep on reading for some great unofficial repositories that can also replace Dandy Media.
Brettus aims to give a wide selection of add-ons that will make anyone in the family jump for joy. It’s got cartoons, music, movie streams, classic TV, also even documentaries and sports. The organization leaves a bit to be desired, however, it also encourages you in order to install and explore rather than just diving into your tried and true favorites. You can use Brettus to discover new tastes, or just scroll to the Power Rangers channel and binge on that.
The Brettus repo is part of another repository, however, is still easy to install. Follow the steps below in order to grab the file, add it to your system, and then install a few add-ons.
- First, open Kodi and tap on the gear icon.
- Head to File Manager and then select Add Source.
- Just add the following URL exactly when it appears: https://toptutorialsrepo.co.uk/kodi/Repos/
- Now enter a name for the link, such as .toptuts
- Tap on OK. Kodi will add the repo to your sources list as well.
- Just head back to the main menu and choose Add-ons.
- Press the box icon at the top.
- Select Install from Zip File, then choose the repo you added above.
- Now scroll down and find the file named repository.Brettusrepo-#.#.zip (the # symbols will be numbers).
- Install the repo, then head back to the open box menu and select Install from Repository.
- Choose the entry named Brettus Builds Repository.
- Then navigate to Video add-ons.
- Browse and choose any of the add-ons you’d like to install.
The Maverick repo focuses on a few key areas that actually overlap along with Dandy Media’s offerings, especially TV, sports, and music as well. Along with Maverick, you’ll have access to a handful of sources that give live streams 24/7. That including full TV series, new movie releases, film trailers, and also sports streams. And when you guys just can’t watch another episode, just switch on some of Maverick’s music streaming options for your own Kodi radio!
Well, installing the Maverick repository is just like any other third-party repo. Follow the guide below in order to download the file, add it to Kodi, and then install your add-ons.
- Open your web browser and then head to the official Maverick repository page.
- Just download the file named repository.maverickrepo-2.1.zip (The numbers may be different.)
- Now save the file somewhere easy to access.
- Open Kodi, go to the main menu, then select Add-ons.
- Tap on the open box icon at the top.
- Choose Install from Zip File.
- Just locate the repository. maverick repo file you downloaded and install as well.
- From the open box menu again, select Install from repository.
- Scroll down and then open the MaverickTV repository.
- Now enter the Video add-ons folder.
- Just pick the add-ons you guys want to install and add them one by one actually.
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this “Dandy Media Repo” article and also find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries and issues related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!